Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   What do you guys think ??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/365357-what-do-you-guys-think.html)

lowlife9 09-27-2015 04:43 PM

What do you guys think ???

i just had my driver and passenger airbags replaced under the recall last week and yesterday my airbag light came on for the first time ever. should i just reset the light myself or bring it back to the dealrship that did the job?

GolNat 09-27-2015 06:58 PM

Re: What do you guys think ???

I would reset it myself but that's just because my local dealer is difficult for me to get to and it is less inconvenient to do it myself.

If it comes back then I would.

Stock 99 09-27-2015 07:19 PM

I'd call the dealership that did it and tell them just what you stated here. If they give you some sort of nonsense BS answer then try another dealership or higher up the food chain. Then if there was something else damaged when the work was done there will at least be a record of your compliant.

Then I'd probably just reset it myself and see if it came back on

maxtierney 09-28-2015 08:50 AM

I would call the dealership and have them fix/reset it. SRS lights just don't come on, just saying. They performed the work, something is amiss. It's a safety issue, they should see you immediately or within a timely manner. Doesn't take much time to plug in and determine the issue and/or reset.

mikey1 09-28-2015 10:49 AM

your airbag light came on for the first time ever after 10+ years, and you just had the airbags serviced?.....this can not be a coincidence, i would take it back ASAP

GolNat 09-28-2015 01:43 PM

Mine came on a few years ago randomly. I reset it and haven't seen it since.

Mad Dog Tannen 09-28-2015 05:32 PM

Take it back and get your non-payment back!

ezone 09-28-2015 07:18 PM

If you want to try erasing it yourself, you ought to read the code first just to see what it is before erasing.

If it is related to the recall work it would almost have to be due to a disconnected wire (open circuit codes), and they would return immediately after erasing: Turn the key on, let the system run its self test for 7 seconds and the light stays on after that.

If it's a typical buckle code, the light may stay out for a while before returning.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sure your dealership has been dealing with people claiming their SRS light just came on....ever since these inflator recall were issued.

What we do at our dealer (I'd hope most dealers would do the same) is offer to double check our work related to the recalls (which is just reading the SRS code to make certain it really is unrelated to the recall work) and if the problem was caused by the recall work, we take care of it.

If it turns out to be unrelated to recall work, we do not give the customer the code information......IF a customer wants the code information, they (usually) need to pay the usual diagnosis fees.

HTH

bsmiley 09-28-2015 07:23 PM

I had an SRS light a year ago. It was for the driver's buckle. It was replaced under warranty. NO charge.
I had my inflator replaced under the recall a month ago, no charge, no issues...

sdaidoji 09-28-2015 08:42 PM

go for the dealer.

If you try to do it yourself, hide it well. (as if that's possible :)) - said the catman (you know what the cats are quite good at burying, right? :)

lowlife9 10-06-2015 04:03 PM

so i took it back to the dealrship and it turns out its for a faulty seat belt sensor they reset it and won't replace it unless the light comes back on.

CraigW 10-06-2015 04:14 PM

^^^ Would that be one of the "life of the car" warranty items ??

lowlife9 10-06-2015 04:39 PM

well i guess since i wouldn't be charged for a replacement.