Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Alignment issue (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/364133-alignment-issue.html)

civicowner123 06-02-2015 12:27 PM

Alignment issue

So I went to the repair shop to get an alignment issue looked at and fixed. They did an alignment change,, and sent me off. Well, that didn't fix the issue at all, so I went back, and had them look at it again.

They told me this time that it's a rack bushings, or rack part issue.

I decided that I'd ask you guys first, and find out how tough of a job this would be to do on my own. This issue is getting on my nerves, and making driving not so fun.

Thanks for the help

mikey1 06-02-2015 12:54 PM

Re: Alignment issue

Originally Posted by civicowner123 (Post 4686124)
They did an alignment change,, and sent me off. Well, that didn't fix the issue at all

it might help if you describe the "issue" you are having?

ezone 06-02-2015 01:29 PM

What symptom does the car have that makes you think it needs an alignment?

civicowner123 06-03-2015 09:09 PM

Originally, the car wanted to steer to the left side. I heard that usually when the car steers to one side more than the other, it's an alignment problem. When I got the car looked at and they did the alignment, it changed the right. It wasn't that bad at first, but over a few months, I've had to use more tension to keep it straight, especially on the highway.

Let me know if you need any more info

ezone 06-03-2015 09:26 PM

Swap the two front tires side to side

then drive it and see if it pulls the other way now.

Pull can be caused by tires, this is how you figure it out.
A low tire can certainly cause a pull, right? RIGHT?
So can a bad one.

sdaidoji 06-03-2015 09:57 PM

tire pressures?

civicowner123 07-24-2015 03:28 PM

So any help in this issue would be appreciated I've actually tried checking tire pressure, and they are all the same psi,and I did do a tire swap but still same thing. A mechanic said it's the rack bushings that's the problem.

sdaidoji 07-24-2015 04:17 PM

pull the trigger on the bushings - might could be it.

honda200192 07-24-2015 10:02 PM

Id first do all the above check list ( tire pressure, switch tires, etc) but also if the rear tires dont have the correct thrust angle to the front tires, your car will dog track. Thats what my car was doing and i did the string method for the back and my steering wheel is straight as can be. My rear tires were off so i had to steer to the left to keep it straight down the road. It has been 4 months going on a few camping trips and my front tires have no feathering or uneven wear. And that also has to do with all brand new bushings and struts and ball joints. But check the rear end as well. Hope that helps