Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Windshield washer hose (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/353670-windshield-washer-hose.html)

SenorAlejandro 01-22-2013 02:12 PM

Windshield washer hose

Hey guys. I have a 2001 Civic LX Coupe. I recently encountered a problem with my windshield washing system. At first, the nozzle (the other one was already clogged and I was going to get around to that eventually) wasn't spraying as much on the glass and then, it wasn't spraying the glass at all. I looked under the hood and noticed that the hose was broken. So now whenever I pull the lever back to wash the windscreen, the fluid goes through the hose and shoots all the inside of the hood and nothing comes out on the windscreen through the nozzles.

Seeing that the hose was busted, I already know I need to replace the hose. Thing is, I don't know how I can go about doing so...without destroying anything that is. So, does anyone have a walkthrough or guide on how to fix this problem? Google isn't too helpful with me on this problem.

bg_008 01-22-2013 03:09 PM

Re: Windshield washer hose

I am pretty much learning myself how to replace things. The easiest way to replace is to use a single blade to cut at the necessary areas. You can buy the hose from any honda parts store. This will last you to redo almost two cars. It only took me a few minutes and was very easy. I just replaced all the lines throughout.

Kennykid2002 01-22-2013 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've replaced all my washer hoses with aquarium clear air lines.
Pretty straight forward, the hose at the pump, just remove the splash guard in the wheel well and you'll be able to access it. Cut the lines same length as the stock ones, and replace em.

It was like $3 for 15ft of air hose at walmart.
Attachment 94232

hioto 01-22-2013 03:55 PM

if the line is cut near the nozzle you can just get a blade and cut the hose at the break. then just reconnect the hose to the nozzle. If you nozzles are clogged you might want to remove them and run them through some water or if you have access to an air gun you can blow out any debris that may be lodged in there. (do not stick anything into the nozzle (pin or pen). This may damage the nozzle.

If the hose is broken in the middle, you can buy pvc hose from a local supplier (Home depot, wal mart, any type of industrial or recreational place) and replace the line yourself. The line you replace it with should be the same diameter.

Your local honda dealer will have hose (or can order you a hose)

ezone 01-22-2013 07:06 PM

(do not stick anything into the nozzle (pin or pen). This may damage the nozzle.
This is how we aim many of them. Straight pin, hat pin. Stick it in, move the jet wherever you need so it aims at the glass.

Your local honda dealer will have hose
We don't. We call out to one of the local parts store for stuff like that.

Almost any hose that fits securely will work.

Matt_75 01-22-2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 (Post 4630402)
I've replaced all my washer hoses with aquarium clear air lines.
Pretty straight forward, the hose at the pump, just remove the splash guard in the wheel well and you'll be able to access it. Cut the lines same length as the stock ones, and replace em.

It was like $3 for 15ft of air hose at walmart.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...107F74D120.jpg

+1 Mine broke at one point last year. Went across the street to the fish store and bought some aquarium hose.

Kennykid2002 01-22-2013 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_75 (Post 4630450)
+1 Mine broke at one point last year. Went across the street to the fish store and bought some aquarium hose.

Mine didn't break, I just replaced it simply because I hated how it looked, and they were dirty as hell lol.

lowlife9 01-23-2013 04:57 PM

i wouldn't use anything other then silicone tubeing specifically designed for this reason especially if you live in cold climates that fish tank stuff will get brittle and eventually crack in the winter.they sell this tubeing at NAPA,Pepboys,Advanced Auto etc etc. i see you live in florida so it wouldn't really apply to you but for anybody else seeing this thread that have winters its not a good idea.

Kennykid2002 01-23-2013 06:05 PM

There's no point in places like Florida, or Cali.
But yes, what lowlife says applies.

Matt_75 01-23-2013 06:13 PM

The factory portion I removed was brittle as well when I replaced it with silicone tubing from the fish store.

Plus it's apparently vinyl tubing and you can buy about 26 feet in bulk if that 8000 in the parts description is in milometers. Piece's 13-15 which are all the same part number for bulk tubing.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...HER+%28-+03%29

SenorAlejandro 02-17-2013 08:53 PM

Sorry for the super late reply, I had issues with the laptop. But thanks a lot for the responses!!