Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Fuel Injector constant stream (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/348838-fuel-injector-constant-stream.html)

raymann01 05-11-2012 09:12 AM

Fuel Injector constant stream

We have a 2005 Honda Civic.. When we turn the key on, the number 2 injector immediately streams/spray's gas. We exchanged injectors, moved wires around, long story short, no matter which injector the number 2 connector is plugged into, it immediately squirts gas as soon as the key is turned on, and doesn't stop... Any help would be appreciated.

ezone 05-11-2012 12:47 PM

Re: Fuel Injector constant stream

A test light and a wiring diagram, and a little testing should......nevermind.

Disconnect the #2 injector wire (only) from the PCM connector and try it.

If it continues squirting, the problem most likely related to the wiring somewhere between the PCM and the engine.

If that gets it to stop, then the problem should be inside the PCM.

HTH

raymann01 05-11-2012 01:38 PM

That makes sense, but I'm about as useful as a rock.. Where will the PCM be and will it be obvious which one to disconnect??

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4601666)
A test light and a wiring diagram, and a little testing should......nevermind.

Disconnect the #2 injector wire (only) from the PCM connector and try it.

If it continues squirting, the problem most likely related to the wiring somewhere between the PCM and the engine.

If that gets it to stop, then the problem should be inside the PCM.

HTH

ezone 05-11-2012 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by raymann01 (Post 4601671)
That makes sense, but I'm about as useful as a rock.. Where will the PCM be and will it be obvious which one to disconnect??

No, there is no label. No exit ramp, no signs. You must use wire colors and terminal positions, because there can easily be more than one wire of the same color. You have 4 dozen possible color combos and some 7 dozen wires. There will be some duplicates.

You have to pick the single correct wire for the #2 injector out of 90 or so in the PCM harnesses. This is one place where the wiring diagram can be extremely useful.

raymann01 05-11-2012 04:35 PM

wow.. Well, I will have to get the diagram and hopefully figure that out.. Thanks. for the info

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4601684)
No, there is no label. No exit ramp, no signs. You must use wire colors and terminal positions, because there can easily be more than one wire of the same color. You have 4 dozen possible color combos and some 7 dozen wires. There will be some duplicates.

You have to pick the single correct wire for the #2 injector out of 90 or so in the PCM harnesses. This is one place where the wiring diagram can be extremely useful.