Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Headlights (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/332240-headlights.html)

DarkSouljur 09-30-2010 08:45 PM

Headlights

Okay so i narrowed it down to a couple options for my '02 civic.

I could either:

-Get Eagle Eye Halo Projectors and stick a 6000k HID Kit from DDM Tuning in there
-Get a TYC Projector kit (is there any way to put halo's on them?) and get a 6000k HID Kit
-Black out my stock headlights and put in brighter halogens (or HID's)

Then i found This Ad.

I've been talking to him and if he is decent and really is that cheap i might aswell go with him, but he said he does headlights as a side job. He also told me he could get the job done in 2 hours (painting headlights black and installing retrofit). But he hasn't shown me any pictures (yet) and didn't know the name of the projectors he used.

Should i trust the ad or go with one of my original 3 options?

Kennykid2002 09-30-2010 09:11 PM

Re: Headlights

Im so lost on that ad....
but if retrofit + HID is 300 bucks, go for it

Muirsy 09-30-2010 09:44 PM

id get a second pair of headlight and if the guy seems legit then send those to him to do... if not i would just paint the housing black... aftermarket projectors have terrible lighting output even with hids

DarkSouljur 09-30-2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Muirsy (Post 4491433)
id get a second pair of headlight and if the guy seems legit then send those to him to do... if not i would just paint the housing black... aftermarket projectors have terrible lighting output even with hids

by output, are you talking about brightness?

And do you know if it's possible to add CCFL halos to the TYC's?

xRiCeBoYx 09-30-2010 10:30 PM

I have CCFL angel eyes in my TYCs..

edit: and some amazing light output with my HIDs.. then again, I am retrofitted.. but the light output was.. decent.. i guess.. with the halogen projectors.. really narrow beam pattern though

xRiCeBoYx 09-30-2010 10:34 PM

looking back at your first thread, I even showed you that I had CCFL angel eyes in my TYCs.. did you not click either link I posted..? Video and my HID thread.....

sdaidoji 09-30-2010 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4491445)
looking back at your first thread, I even showed you that I had CCFL angel eyes in my TYCs.. did you not click either link I posted..? Video and my HID thread.....

he is just too lazy to look for himself, just let him be and don't answer. Did you see how many posts from him and no real effort? Too many already answered questions and he is making them all over again.
Honestly, I am off of this site.
I will see you in the other.

xRiCeBoYx 09-30-2010 10:41 PM

it's a shame.. You're one of few people helping maintain my sanity over here..

I stick around to help the people that are willing to help themselves.

in any case, yea, see ya over there. I hardly post over there.

edit: it may be some sentimental attachment and loyalty to the old "7thgencivic.com" site.

sdaidoji 09-30-2010 11:00 PM

don't worry, sentimental for sentimental, i will still be lurking around here, just gave up on answering most of the cases! And will post the furniture stuff if i stumble in it! :D

DarkSouljur 09-30-2010 11:19 PM

Well thank you rice And sdaidoji for all that helpful spam. Just thought I'd let u know there are these things called pms that are great for keeping personal conversations like that out of the publics view.

Now, I guess u didn't understand the first 10 times I said it. I am VERY new to this. The other thread I made obviously didn't completely help me if I made a new one. When u showed me that vid I had no clue what a tyc was. And I'm thinking that the retrofitted projector u have in your headlights is what has the ccfl (correct me if I'm wrong). I don't have enough money to spend on buying headlights and the retrofitting them. So I just want headlights with a halo and hid.

And sdaidoji, I did some looking up and the answers that I couldn't find (or had trouble finding) I would have to ask in a new thread because I know not to be bringing back 2 or 3 year old threads.

Again I respect your decision and sincerely thank you for the help u have provided me so far rice. If u want to give up on me because I frustrate you wel I'm sorry because I really didn't mean to. I'll just figure it out myself somehow...

Kennykid2002 09-30-2010 11:28 PM

It doesn't hurt to ask, no one knows everything about everything
I honestly don't

I try to help out here and there, but i'm still learning as well

To be honest, I just stuck some Ebay 6k HID's in my stock headlights, looks great, and i kept it ever since
Looks completely stock, and light output increased about 50x
I honestly don't give a rat's arse about the guy in front of me and his "glare" problems, for all I care, i'll probably see him/her for 20 seconds of my life

gearbox 10-01-2010 01:12 AM

retrofit or bust. you can even stuff projectors in the factory lights. the morimoto mini h1 projectors screw right into the bulb hole easily without any cutting. check retrofitsource.com for the parts. i think its like $300 for the entire kit (projectors/bulbs/ballasts) and thats really all you need. open the stock lights, install projectors, paint the chrome trim if wanted, and close it back up. aim the projectors and youre good to go.

on a side note, i dont even care about people with hid kits anymore. i get equally blinded by every other oem car halogen too going up and down the hills and corners here. its all the same and just part of driving at night. i get flashed alot too with my retrofit.

Kennykid2002 10-01-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4491465)
on a side note, i dont even care about people with hid kits anymore. i get equally blinded by every other oem car halogen too going up and down the hills and corners here. its all the same and just part of driving at night. i get flashed alot too with my retrofit.

:tup:
I dont really see the point in spending 300+ on headlights, exhaust maybe, not headlights

I rarely get flashed, and if i do, i have really bright blue LEDs on my grill to flash them back in :)

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 11:29 AM

Well if you're right about the morimoto mini not having to cut anything to fit then I might swell spend the extra 50-100 and get it retrofitted. I mean I was going to spend upwards of 200-250 to get a halo projector with a shitty hid kit anyways. Now I really just have to ask my dad if it's okay, if he says no then I'll go with the crappy halo projectors :(

But if you're 100% sure about not having to cut the housing he should let me do it. Only reason I was thinking about not retrofitting anymore was because my dad wouldn't have let me modify the shape of the own headlights.

Lol at kenny's comment ;)

gearbox 10-01-2010 01:43 PM

yeah the mini projectors are completely removable if you ever want to restore the factory headlight. all you do is take the bulb cap off (its held on with screws), put the projector in, and screw the nut on the back. aiming is also easy, you just rotate the projector once everything is installed. and use the factory adjustments for up/down. its really the easiest pnp retro you can ever do. and amazing results, brighter than many factory hid projectors including the valeos i have. the hids in halo projector is dangerous, you will have very poor visibility on the ground. at least hid kit in factory reflector you can still see the ground well enough.

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4491527)
the hids in halo projector is dangerous, you will have very poor visibility on the ground

And on that note, halo projectors are out of the question :D

Would i also be able to fit the shrouds in my stock casing or would i have to cut to put those in? Unless they just fit in from the back?

Last question i really have at the moment.

I know that this is what the low beam looks like:

https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c...o/IMG_4090.jpg

But what does the high beam look like? Any pictures?

xRiCeBoYx 10-01-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4490586)
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i...-retrofit.html
there's a great example of retrofitting the morimoto mini into a reflector housing. I only know that thread because I want to attempt that retrofit into my sister's 2010 honda fit. It also gives you an idea of the great light output it provides, and if you scroll down (post 38), it shows you the bi-xenon feature of the morimoto mini (flipping the high beam activates a solenoid to drop the shield, providing the higher beam cutoff for your high beams)

If you're talking about the morimoto minis... This was from your first thread.

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fair enough, i must have missed going to post 38 before. I only clicked the link and read the first page, didn't bother to keep going really.

Attachment 104365

Thank you.

gearbox 10-01-2010 04:25 PM

more pics are on hidplanet.com/forums

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-TL-E55-FX-etc

sam68 10-01-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur (Post 4491502)
Well if you're right about the morimoto mini not having to cut anything to fit then I might swell spend the extra 50-100 and get it retrofitted. I mean I was going to spend upwards of 200-250 to get a halo projector with a shitty hid kit anyways. Now I really just have to ask my dad if it's okay, if he says no then I'll go with the crappy halo projectors :(

But if you're 100% sure about not having to cut the housing he should let me do it. Only reason I was thinking about not retrofitting anymore was because my dad wouldn't have let me modify the shape of the own headlights.

Lol at kenny's comment ;)

OMG this is getting really annoying. He told you they fit, I told you in the other thread THEY FIT NOTHING REQUIRED. Do you have stock lamps THEN YES THEY FIT if you dont belive the 12 people on here telling you they fit call the retrofit source and ask them. BTW I told you to give them a call in the last thread can we end this now.

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 05:38 PM

Honestly, calm down. Last thread i posted i just had questions about halo's. And you guys just kept telling me to do retrofitting. To be honest all i really did (no offence) was ignor everything people said about retrofitting because i was under the impression i would have to cut my stock housing which i didn't want to do. I dropped that thread because i didn't get the answers i wanted. But in the past week i've been researching more into retrofitting and stuff, and when gear kindly told me that i could get the mini's i thought sweet, no cutting.

Listen, i made a mistake ... i don't know why you, rice, and sdaidoji are getting so worked up over an accident that a new member made. Way to make people feel welcome.

Thanks again gear and kenny you too for all the patience you've had with me. I know i can be annoying ... just glad you guys haven't put me down yet.

xRiCeBoYx 10-01-2010 06:25 PM

If you think I've been getting worked up, then holy shit, you don't wanna see me when I'm actually getting pissed over stupid posts.

And regardless of whether or not you actually paid attention, your other thread, you specifically asked about HIDs, so if we tell you something, then you start another thread about HIDs, then COMPLETELY disregard everything in your other thread, that gives us the impression that you don't really care for our input. Thus, us getting "worked up" over it. Really, it comes down to you asking questions about information that has already been provided for you.

So, for future reference, if someone gives you information, though it may not be 100% pertinent to your original question, but you respond to everything and appear that you're taking the information in, ACTUALLY take the information in. Or at least remember what we said so you can go back to those posts and answer any question you may be itching to ask.

sdaidoji 10-01-2010 06:44 PM

Oh, god...
I will need to butt in...
All right.
Darksouljur,

All the info you are asking for have been posted time and again, everyone is trying to help you, but you just ignore if *you think* it does not suit you and you do not care to even feed back it. You also keep creating new threads just for your fun, asking again for things that are available at the distance of a few typing and click (it's called search function). And all the other members are being just patient with you, but you got Kenny upset too.
Just stop asking questions that have been answered before and start searching and reading, for god's sake. And no, i am not being harsh, rather being constructive.
All these double posts make the search function that much hard for all the other users. I am starting to be unable to find useful info here because there are that many people asking same questions over and over again, which is driving me to find other places to find info.
Cheers!

Kennykid2002 10-01-2010 06:45 PM

Okay,
Lets get this straight, yes, it is annoying to start multiple threads on the same topic
however, if you're spending 300+ dollars on something you're not 100% sure will work, of course you'd do all your research, i'd give you that much
yes, there could be "better" approaches to resolving this, as to linking him back to his original thread

however, Dark, try to avoid multiple posts on same topic

ontopic:
imho, is a headlight thats a little brighter, with a focused beam, stock looks, and less glare really worth 300+?
like i said, just shove a H4 HID in the stock headlights for 30 bucks and call it a day, no mods needed =/

sdaidoji 10-01-2010 06:52 PM

Darksouljur,
I will give you one thumbs up, though.
Your thread subject does describe what you are looking for, which is much better than the ones named "help! help mee!".
So you got points for that.
Cheers!

sdaidoji 10-01-2010 08:35 PM

Darksouljur,
That's the time you should answer, you know...
Not before (that was not the right time), but now is the time...
Don't miss it...

DarkSouljur 10-01-2010 09:58 PM

Don't miss what? Sorry I just read like 4 posts in like 5 minutes and ur last one confused me. What should I not miss??