Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   what size factory speakers (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/316994-what-size-factory-speakers.html)

kcthewun 04-17-2009 04:00 PM

what size factory speakers

hi i was wondering what size factory speakers dose my 2001 sedan dx have or if someone can direct to a site that will let me know

thanks in advance

Shredocalypse 04-17-2009 04:12 PM

Re: what size factory speakers

Front speakers
Front Door: 6-1/2"

Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6-1/2"

kcthewun 04-17-2009 05:13 PM

i got a set of speakers from this company called macrom about a year ago and i am thinking of installing them in the car do you think they can fit?

http://www.macrom.it/

gearbox 04-17-2009 06:41 PM

hard to say. some deep speakers may hit the trunk torsion bars, and for the fronts usually you need a spacer otherwise the window will hit the back of the speaker when rolled down.

CivicDude08 04-20-2009 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Shredocalypse (Post 4406981)
Front speakers
Front Door: 6-1/2"

Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6-1/2"

Rear are 6x9. Any My infinity Kappa's have a big a$$ magnet on them, and they just barley fit. Like gearbox said my trunk bar binds against it to close.
Infinity Rear---> top-mount depth: 3-5/16"
Check what yours is.

Heres the magnet of my speaker.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/234...13irearoo8.jpg

unTuned 04-20-2009 07:20 AM

civicdude, do you remember by chance which infinity kappa speakers you have exactly? the model?

i bought infinity kappa 692.9i (according to crutchfield.com they would fit) and they have caused me problems. if you try to place them flat in place, they wont work because the magnet hits the bar underneath. if you try to use the spacer so they sit up higher...they will BARELY clear the bar...but then the rear deck doesnt go over them unless you literally squish them and it muffles the sound.

lightningslp77 04-20-2009 09:34 AM

wtf are you guys sure?

i have infinitys all around and all four are 6 1/2's in my car. i also had perfect fitment with the back ones.

gearbox 04-20-2009 09:46 AM

coupes have 6x9 in the back. sedan is 6.5 all around. ex coupe also has tweeters.

westcali_playa 04-20-2009 01:49 PM

i put kenwood 6x9s in both the front and the rear deck of my sedan, fit fine

unTuned 04-20-2009 02:34 PM

lightningslp, oh yeah im positive. theyre kappa 692.9i and there is no way in hell they would fit in. i tried eeeeeeeeverything. im talking like a 4 hour period here of trying everything. and if it can be done, i can usually do it and it wouldnt work.

it said on crutchfield.com that they worked. both the 692.9i and 672.7i and i am 10000% positive because it wasnt one look i had. i looked and compared speakers for weeks ahead of time so i know im right. so i get them, spend all the money, frustrate myself doing it. and they still dont fit properly. this of course is AFTER trying to force my rear deck on and the piller corners on and breaking all the little clips to hold it all in place.

funny thing is i looked on crutchfield.com today just to see if it says they fit still (i was going to contact them and tell them to get rid of that shit) and now they say they dont fit. pisses me off.

unTuned 04-20-2009 02:56 PM

im still looking and now it says there are only 3 sets of 6x9 that fit in the rear deck area for a 2002 civic ex coupe.

1. alpine spr-69c
2. boston acoustics s95
3. kicker ks690

im not even kidding there were at least 10 different sets that they said fit in place, now there are only 3. maybe complaints from people? i have no idea but it sucks. now i have these brand new infinity kappa 692.9i that sound insanely perfect when theres no rear deck above them, but they just dont clear. i dont know what to do with them, and i really dont want to get rid of them for dirt after paying that much for them.

westcali_playa 04-20-2009 03:04 PM

call crutchfield im sure they would do an exchange

unTuned 04-20-2009 03:11 PM

oh i never bought them off of them. i just used them as a source for fitment. i bought them from a guy on ebay who said he bought them and they didnt fit into his accord (he used crutchfield.com too, big surprise). so theyre literally brand new. i might just buy some that fit and sell these on ebay i guess. dunno.

lightningslp77 04-20-2009 10:40 PM

lol yeah i would do the same thing. people go crazy on ebay if they can save a few bucks then making a trip to the store.

for fitment i referenced best buy's audio self helping computer they had there and it straight out told me for sedans we couldn't go over 6 1/2s so i never bothered with trying anything bigger. if you can get 6x9's it might actually be worth upgrading

however yeah i can see how big magnets could be a huge problem. you can do what one of my friends did and cut the trunk torsion bars...he straight up got rid of them because they were vibrating alot when he turned up his system. fitment problems gone! lol.