Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005)
-   -   Help with SHOCKS please ! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/182-7th-generation-civic-2001-2005/292201-help-shocks-please.html)

mani_is_kool 03-22-2007 08:47 PM

Help with SHOCKS please !

Guys I need to get new Shocks for my car ... Can anyone please tell me if they know abt these Tokicos ... there not D-series but they are the bluw ones .... i cant find any info on the forum
heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...spagenameZWDVW

please tell me if they are good ... Oh and yeah my car is dropped with 2inches all around. Thanks will appreciate ur help

bigainabuilt 03-23-2007 09:09 PM

Re: Help with SHOCKS please !

Umm............ Welcome to the forums! Try searching Tokico Blues then check out Dezod. I just purchased some sweet suspension components. Can't go wrong.

LT2004ever 03-23-2007 10:11 PM

they look nice and u should get some springs and a camber kit also :0

but yea do what bigainabuilt and just search dezod :p

metalviper 03-24-2007 01:51 AM

u cant find anything about blues?!! so many ppl have them on the site!! they are great for a DD but if ur car is dropped 2inch blues arent recommended unless u wana risk blowing them. maybe some koni yellows....

Alpha 5 03-24-2007 02:04 AM

I am rolling on the blues and I love them. I do not have a serious drop though and I have 15's, so ..........

electric130 03-24-2007 11:08 AM

not good for 2" drop. go with some koni yellows. i sure hope you've got a camber kit on there too!

DaMadScientist 03-25-2007 12:32 PM

Nespeed Sport are awesome springs to go with the Tokicos

aznprid214 03-25-2007 07:28 PM

im runnin blues and tein s techs... very nice :lol: i love it! i wanna go LOWER!!! im ADDIcTED!!!!!!!!

kLouD 03-26-2007 01:53 AM

i plan on going on blues as well and i bought my s.techs.. should be coming in tomorrow. but gotta fix my suspension damages first though D;<

s.techs lower like.. 1.3F/1.4R so its ok to run on blues with it yes? =]

metalviper 03-26-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by kLouD (Post 4164676)
i plan on going on blues as well and i bought my s.techs.. should be coming in tomorrow. but gotta fix my suspension damages first though D;<

s.techs lower like.. 1.3F/1.4R so its ok to run on blues with it yes? =]

lots of ppl run that, including me! no problems

kLouD 03-27-2007 02:50 AM

s.techs never came. they are lagging on my shipment!

LT2004ever 03-29-2007 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by metalviper (Post 4164760)
lots of ppl run that, including me! no problems

hows the quality??

metalviper 03-29-2007 10:22 PM

i like it. its stiffer setup than stock so u can feel the bumps but non the less it feels good haha

LT2004ever 03-30-2007 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by metalviper (Post 4166712)
i like it. its stiffer setup than stock so u can feel the bumps but non the less it feels good haha

hmm.... what would u suggest for a softer ride??

metalviper 03-30-2007 02:34 AM

im not sure. i just jumped on a deal for tein s-techs and never really researched it. and then there was a GB for blues so there u have it. but it mostly depends on springs and their spring rate and how much u wana drop. the more u drop the less travel the suspension has so thats why u feel the bumps more. i here sportlines are a little softer then s-techs but if u want a smooth ride some blues and stock springs are probably ur best bet. just do some research, im sure some spring reviews have been covered in the forum

electric130 03-30-2007 10:07 AM

i think the eibach pros are supposed to be the softest of lowering springs.

mani_is_kool 03-30-2007 11:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the Advice guys... Im sorry I forgot to tell u abt the DROP scene on my car in my first post ...

I have DROPZONE springs and Eibach Camber kit in the front and rear both ...
Im not sure how much the drop with the Dropzones is ... Even though that Nasty Intallation guy told me 2 inches ... It didnt look that much to me .. It was more in the REAR and less in the Front ... Plus after the drop as soon as i got the Camber kit installed the height was back UP a lil bit ...

Im attaching pics of my car .. can someone take a look and estimate how much the drop is ??? and will Tokicos Blue will be good with em ???

Plus 369 with free shipping is a good deal for tokicos ??? DEZODs webpage not working :hithead:

mani_is_kool 03-30-2007 11:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is after I installed the Camber kit ...

I installed my camber kit One week after i got the springs installed...

I dont have any clue how blown shocks feel like , and yes im new to all this stuff ... (suspension is my weakness:hithead: )

I just have weird noises from the back when i drive slowly on uneven surfaces like CRACKS n stuff ... and thats abt it ... At high speed when i go over bumps .. its arite its not that much ... There is a THUMP which is very audible though ....

And just to let u know My Car is a ONE PERSON RIDE only. Its always ME ALONE in the car and no one else wid me ... So that might be a WEIGHT factor u all might wanna consider before further advices

metalviper 03-31-2007 02:48 AM

blues arent recommended for a 2 inch drop. ur springs will settle more over time too and the back probably looked lower b/c the wheel had negative camber and probably looked tucked under. and it looks like a 2 inch drop but then again it depends on the size of ur rims...???

mani_is_kool 03-31-2007 09:13 PM

Thanks MetalViper ... I have had the drop for almost 6months now .. so i guess its enuff for them to settle... but like i said ... im not sure if my stock shocks are blown or not ... DOnt know at all how blown shocks feel...

The other thing ... I just sold these rims today for $400 and am planning to get new 15's replicas of ROTA ... Black ones ... am not sure what everyone on the forum calls em ... Theres a pic over here but im not buying em from this website ....

http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=10821

What do u think abt em guys ??? Plus whats the max i shud pay for the tire and wheel package at local rim shops Installed ??? im looking around $600 coz 17s are like $699 and $650.

Please let me have some ideas and also reply back abt my original question

Thanks All

electric130 04-01-2007 09:34 AM

the way i've always checked for bad shocks is to go to each corner of the car, get it bouncing good, when you release pressure, it should go no more than one up and one down bounce and then stop. if it continues to cycle, the shocks are bad.