Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015)
-   -   What Do You Suggest I Do? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015/365427-what-do-you-suggest-i-do.html)

Chris Rochon 10-05-2015 03:23 PM

What Do You Suggest I Do?

4 Attachment(s)
So, I'm 16 and bought myself a 2011 Honda Civic Sedan (DXG) stock. Now I wish I had of gotten an SI but for the place i'm located I could not of travelled to get it so I bought locally. What would you all suggest I do with my car? I do not wish to rice it out, I just want to make it look good! tinted windows, rims, etc. But engine and performance wise I'm oblivious. I see videos on youtube people with cold air intakes. superchargers, etc, but I have no knowledge in that type of work.
What should I do?

Mad Dog Tannen 10-05-2015 04:44 PM

Re: What Do You Suggest I Do?

Originally Posted by Chris Rochon (Post 4694731)
So, I'm 16 and bought myself a 2011 Honda Civic Sedan (DXG) stock. Now I wish I had of gotten an SI but for the place i'm located I could not of travelled to get it so I bought locally. What would you all suggest I do with my car? I do not wish to rice it out, I just want to make it look good! tinted windows, rims, etc. But engine and performance wise I'm oblivious. I see videos on youtube people with cold air intakes. superchargers, etc, but I have no knowledge in that type of work.
What should I do?

Welcome. It looks like a great car as is, I wouldn't change a thing.

shadowfist 10-05-2015 06:48 PM

^ what he said. car looks great (manual :-D good work), drive it for a year or two and buy something more sporty like the Si once you have more finances and such. for the amount that you could dump into this car upping the performance you could have gotten an Si. just sit tight, watch for a good deal and learn a thing or two about wrenching your own car. and know a good deal when you see it.

just my 2 cents.

Chris Rochon 10-08-2015 11:38 PM

Cold air intake maybe?

Pier7866 10-09-2015 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Rochon (Post 4694731)
What should I do?

Welcome and yes as said before it is a great car if you want to do something stick to factory oem accessories such as HFP suspension, Honda body kits, factory HFP wheels etc it will cost some $$ but do one thing at a time. I would suggest to keep away from cold air intakes as they do not add much power to it in the first place search ebay and other sites for parts and accessories and trust me you will love it as oem accessories really flow well with the car. Hope this help.

Chris Rochon 10-12-2015 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pier7866 (Post 4694977)
Welcome and yes as said before it is a great car if you want to do something stick to factory oem accessories such as HFP suspension, Honda body kits, factory HFP wheels etc it will cost some $$ but do one thing at a time. I would suggest to keep away from cold air intakes as they do not add much power to it in the first place search ebay and other sites for parts and accessories and trust me you will love it as oem accessories really flow well with the car. Hope this help.

What type of body kits? link?

Pier7866 10-13-2015 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Rochon (Post 4695138)
What type of body kits? link?

Those cars also did have HFP body kit meaning from lower bumper spoiler, two side skirts and rear lower bumper spoiler. I don't know if you could find the oem ones as they might have been discontinued but you could check on ebay, or any Honda dealership they look really sharp and will change the complete look of your car. Since it will be costly I would suggest do one spoiler at a time depending on your budget. Hope this help. links were

handaaccessories.com but I believe they don't have it any more.