Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015)
-   -   USB Connection? (Need help) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015/318846-usb-connection-need-help.html)

787si 06-21-2009 01:04 AM

USB Connection? (Need help)

Hey guys Im just about to pick up a 2009 Civic LX coupe. But Im curious how the USB connection works. I know that you can plug in a USB stick but how does it work with the center console interface?

Questions?
1. What file formats does it support? Can I use my Itunes music?
2. Can I make folders on the USB stick and then scroll through them? Kinda like playlists on a Ipod?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

gearbox 06-21-2009 01:16 AM

Re: USB Connection? (Need help)

shouldve brought your usb to the dealer and try it out! im not sure how the honda interface works, but im sure it at least displays song info and folders.

TRIZ 06-21-2009 02:30 AM

Honda didnt give you any extra info or pamphlets on the stereo?

quietride 06-21-2009 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by 787si (Post 4420258)
Hey guys Im just about to pick up a 2009 Civic LX coupe. But Im curious how the USB connection works. I know that you can plug in a USB stick but how does it work with the center console interface?

Questions?
1. What file formats does it support? Can I use my Itunes music?
2. Can I make folders on the USB stick and then scroll through them? Kinda like playlists on a Ipod?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

To answer your questions, yes, you copy files from iTunes into folders on your flash drive, plug it into the connector, press AUX and you're in business. To change folders you turn the Tune knob, change tracks just like you would a CD.

If you have a PC then all is well, if you've got a Mac like me you have to find a PC to view and remove the small hidden files Macs use.

See my recent post: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ash-drive.html

787si 06-24-2009 09:55 AM

Hey! I got the car yesterday and everything seems to be working great! The USB connection is SWEET! Im running into those unplayable files but as you said its those little imbedded mac files that I need to delete. THANKS for the response!

quietride 06-25-2009 03:16 AM

Yeah, I'm really likin' the USB input too.

Couper EX 07-13-2009 03:33 PM

You know you can plug your iPod in using the USB connector as well. Then you can search by song, artist, or album all through the console controls!

Devani 07-23-2009 08:49 AM

dont make 06-08 civic owners jealous....it's sweet to have USB....i really like it too

onequickfa5 07-23-2009 03:31 PM

i'm jealous

Couper EX 07-28-2009 12:30 AM

Sorry, I had no idea that feature was new. The '09 Coupe is my first Honda and I'm lovin' it!

wvms 06-21-2011 10:11 PM

It's all described in the owner's manual. Trouble is, the carI brought home a couple of days ago has the user manual but no USB connection. There's absolutely nothing in the center console, and no place where anything could be plugged in. Am I looking in the wrong place?

combinatorix 06-21-2011 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by wvms (Post 4544909)
It's all described in the owner's manual. Trouble is, the carI brought home a couple of days ago has the user manual but no USB connection. There's absolutely nothing in the center console, and no place where anything could be plugged in. Am I looking in the wrong place?

What year/model do you have? I don't believe the current DX comes with the USB interface. You would have to upgrade or get an aftermarket unit.