Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015)
-   -   installing xenon HID headlight bulb (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015/314539-installing-xenon-hid-headlight-bulb.html)

civic $i 2006 01-31-2009 04:38 PM

installing xenon HID headlight bulb

has anyone changed their factory headlight bulb with a xenon HID headlight bulb? if so was it easy to change? pics would be nice. thanks in advance.:rockon:

Number_41 02-06-2009 11:42 AM

Re: installing xenon HID headlight bulb

could love to hear about this...

when you talk about the HID, do you mean the entire kit or just the xenon lights?

N41

tcs20500 02-19-2009 12:19 PM

i have changed into hid bulbs and i am telling u is hard to do it without taking the bumper off and take the headlight housing off the car, i paid $50 to have it installed the first time taking the pumper off. just remember to re aim the headlight afterwards.

But i changed to another pair by myself and omg..... it was pain to my hands!!!!! changing the left side is easy, just take the coolant refill tank off, u can take it off real easy then u would have plenty off room to install the light and ballet. only the passenger side gives u pain to the hand since there is the ABS pump and all the little steel tubes above it. therefore it is extremely hard if u have big hangs to tighten the bulbs. it is also hard to do it with a tool, there is so little space to fit a tool in there. anyways it took me 30 minutes just to tighten the passenger side. ultimately, is just money or time and pain to do it

cobdonia 03-08-2009 07:25 AM

The passenger side low beam is the pain. I turn the wheels all the way to the left, pop the splash skirt out from the fender and sneak my right hand in past the ABS lines. Watch the clip where the front bumper and the fender come together or you will get a nice scratch on your arm. Every other one is easy. Remember that your low and high beams are 2 different bulbs. 9006 and 9005.

gearbox 03-08-2009 11:50 AM

01-03 civics are super easy, theres tons of room on both sides. you should try changing bulbs on an rsx, its nearly impossible unless you have really small hands and lots of patience.

sikassdrummer 03-18-2009 11:44 PM

go through the fender liners .
Turn the wheel all the way right when working on the right side ,remove on clip then you have a perfect mounting place
there is a strait metal brace that the ballast fits on perfectaly and just zip tie it down
same on other side .if your in so cal hit me up and ill show you how to do it
or ill do it for you professionally where you wll see no wires ,or the ballasts and have no rattles for 100 bucks
advice is free labor will cost you