Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015)
-   -   iPod Adapter Cable (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015/296379-ipod-adapter-cable.html)

Biff_Smth 06-20-2007 09:30 PM

iPod Adapter Cable

Is anyone else as pissed off as I am about the shitty ipod adapter. I can get more control by connecting it through the aux jack. This was a complete waste of money and I would strongly encourage nobody to buy this piece of shit. I basically spent 300 somethin dollars for an ipod charger. Is anyone else as pissed as I am? I'm talking about the one that's offered from Honda that the dealership installs. Anyone else made the mistake of buying this piece of shit.

xRiCeBoYx 06-20-2007 09:42 PM

Re: iPod Adapter Cable

man, that sucks.. i play my ipod in my car using a rca to headphone jack cable and plug that into my pioneer aux input.. works like a charm..

Jutty 06-21-2007 10:37 AM

Is this something made just for the civic? or something you bought at some store?

tuningmycivic 06-21-2007 10:56 AM

i used to have mine hooked to the aux input throught the headphone jack too, but i have a Gen1 iPod, so that USB thing doesn't work for me. the Gen1 pods have a firewire/IEEE 1394 port for connection/power. good luck finding a HU with a firewire port on it these days....:hithead:

speedfoos 06-21-2007 11:21 AM

www.anythingbutipod.com

Resist the Apple conspiracy....

Biff_Smth 06-21-2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jutty (Post 4205762)
Is this something made just for the civic? or something you bought at some store?

It's the one that you can get installed by the dealership. The cable that Honda has as an accessory you can add on. It's not aftermarket it's straight from Honda.

Jutty 06-21-2007 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Biff_Smth (Post 4205833)
It's the one that you can get installed by the dealership. The cable that Honda has as an accessory you can add on. It's not aftermarket it's straight from Honda.

ah got it...i was unaware of that part...guess ill just stick to the aux input...

__Doc_ 06-22-2007 01:35 AM

i use the AUX jack with my ZUNE and it works perfectly... the IPOD thing is a waste of money... just use the 8mm connector. i think its 8,, use the AUX jack lol

Jutty 06-22-2007 08:39 AM

I believe its 3.5mm FWIW...and yea ill stick to that and keep the $300...

Bobrov 06-29-2007 03:42 PM

js get a sony deck cdx-gt610u
cost me 180 CAD free instal.
USB at the front controls your ipd as well as charges it @ the sm time.
included aux in the back to plug in any audio device with a headphone jack

speedfoos 06-29-2007 05:18 PM

Multiple decks out there that have USB and 3.5mm audio inputs. I hate the USB interface personally. Although I do like that it will charge my MP3 player (I have a Creatve Zen Vision W - the bee's knees) the file handling sux on my wife's Kenwood. I prefer the 3.5mm audio input and use the player itself to navigate through my music.

Did you hear about Apple's latest docking station? It's callled the iShunt. It's a docking bay that is screwed into the back of your skull. You get direct interface into the iPod, but can't hold a conversation with anyone who doesn't have iTunes installed....

Apple FTL!!!!

Civic_Racer9 06-30-2007 06:20 AM

if they installed it...then just go back and till them to fix it under warranty

Chrispy07SI 07-03-2007 11:43 PM

i also got the ipod charge cord installed and i am actually quite happy with it, it works perfectly with my silver ipod nano, the salesman did say that some of the older ipods do not work with the accessory, but ya i love not having to grab my ipod to change the song while im in the midst of cornering at high speeds :)