Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015)
-   -   Driver Seat Fabris (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/181-8th-9th-generation-civic-2006-2015/287263-driver-seat-fabris.html)

bigman32hockey 06-16-2006 12:00 PM

Driver Seat Fabris

Just the other day I noticed that the front driver side seat fabric was pulling away from the side bolsters. I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues. I called the Dealeer and they will cover it under warrantly, but i didn't know if this was a recurring theme with the '06's.

kero 06-16-2006 03:40 PM

Will check my out tomorrow.

bhatton867 06-16-2006 06:29 PM

I have not checked there but I have noticed that a wear spot is appearing on the sunroof sliding cover on both front corners. I have not talked to the dealer about it yet but I hope they will cover it. That still wont fix it from happening again...

WLH 06-29-2006 10:33 AM

I am getting a big wrinkle across my drivers seat. Has me a bit worried about the longevity of the materials. I will point it out next visit to the dealer and ask if this is common.

kero 06-29-2006 05:10 PM

I have no problems yet with the fabric and or pulling away but I have a feeling the fabric honda used looks better than it will wear!

That rough texture can cause it to wear quicker and since it's kinda rough, it moves when you move and can cause it to wear quicker than a smoother fabric such as the one in my wifes corolla.

KRM 07-20-2006 10:47 AM

Seat cover problem

I found on my wifes 2006 DX-G that the seat cover had pulled away from the front of the seat frame on both front seats. It appears that the gripper strip on the front of the seat cover was sewed on upside down.
The dealer ordered new seat covers and installed them under warranty.
Looks like a factory quality control laps.

sotony 07-20-2006 04:01 PM

similar problem

I am getting a big wrinkle across my drivers seat. Has me a bit worried about the longevity of the materials. I will point it out next visit to the dealer and ask if this is common.
I have an EX Sedan with about 2k miles on it, and noticed just yesterday a bit of warping in the fabric in the back seat. It's on the passenger side, right where the seat and back meet near the door opening.

I share the concerns kero voiced about the wearability of the fabric. I am visualizing 2 years down the road that the plush veolur like surfaces near my elbows will be matted down or worn off. :( I've already gotten one of those slick seatbelt pads and put it over the center console, as my arm constantly rests there to shift.

kero 07-20-2006 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by sotony
I have an EX Sedan with about 2k miles on it, and noticed just yesterday a bit of warping in the fabric in the back seat. It's on the passenger side, right where the seat and back meet near the door opening.

I share the concerns kero voiced about the wearability of the fabric. I am visualizing 2 years down the road that the plush veolur like surfaces near my elbows will be matted down or worn off. :( I've already gotten one of those slick seatbelt pads and put it over the center console, as my arm constantly rests there to shift.

Yes totally agreed about where you rest your elbow on the door, no doubt they will wear down and look real ****ty and really dirty. Such is life I guess??

I also know for sure the driver and passenger front seats will not wear great over the years. I have 2700 miles now and can just tell the fabric will not last as long as it should.

DeeAliganga 07-24-2006 02:24 PM

yea my driver seat has wrinkling marks as well. =/