Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   Flowmaster series 60 muffler (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/95151-flowmaster-series-60-muffler.html)

GrayGhost 05-26-2003 10:33 PM

Flowmaster series 60 muffler

I had the series 60 Flowmaster muffler installed on my car. I like it, kinda a deeper tone than stock but still really quiet. I'm wondering if I was to resonator if it would make it a little louder, but still keep the deep tone. I don't want the loud ricer sound like a weedeater or just so loud that I will get tickets or can't stand to drive it.

What do you think the removal of the exhaust resonator will do with the Flowmaster 60 series muffler?

Flowmaster 60 series

75shot 05-26-2003 10:52 PM

why do you have a flowmaster? you have a honda, not a mustang.

HondaLuver 05-26-2003 10:53 PM

don't get a flow master for our cars... get something with a straight threw design, those are the best designs...

GrayGhost 05-26-2003 11:01 PM

I know I have a Civic, not a Mustang. I didn't ask for comments on my choice of exhaust. I asked for comment on the removal of the resonator. If you can't post something that answers my question, don't bother posting.

GrayGhost 05-26-2003 11:06 PM

Also, I got the flowmaster because everyone that I know that has a Flowmaster has been extremely happy with what they got. And Flowmaster has come out with the 60 series which has been designed for imports.

"The 60 Series™ Performance Import muffler is designed specifically to bring Flowmaster performance to smaller cars and trucks with small displacement 4- and 6-cylinder engines. All 60 Series™ mufflers feature Delta Flow® technology for increased torque and horsepower and reduced interior resonance. When fitted with a standard tailpipe, the 60 Series™ produces a mellow sound. A larger diameter tailpipe will create a deeper tone both inside and outside the vehicle."

iamboo 05-27-2003 08:09 AM

keep the resonator..... i've heard what honda's sound like without em and they get very "whiney" it gets really annoying after a while...

EManEX 05-27-2003 11:05 AM

Originally posted by 75shot
why do you have a flowmaster? you have a honda, not a mustang.
Yes thats why we should focus on sound not performance.

GrayGhost, I think that at their website they have a sound clip of an Integra. It has the Catback without a resonater. Flowmaster uses 2" piping so it's real close to our 1.75". Maybe that will give you an Idea on how it will sound.
:confused:

GrayGhost 05-28-2003 08:51 AM

I've heard civics with the straight through canister mufflers with their resonators removed, to me that sounds like shit. But the Flowmaster is chambered out. So that design should make it sound different. It already has given a much deeper tone than stock, but its just so quiet.

Spider883 05-28-2003 09:37 AM

i have a straight though mufller w/ no resinator and it doesnt sound the greatest but i had to take it out so i could get over speed bumps.. even though i can only go over 25% of them its more then what i used to

Logan3024 05-28-2003 10:16 AM

I have the Flowmaster 60 series........AND LOVE IT!!!!!! GreyGhost, DO not take out your resonator unless you want a REALLY LOUD CAR. I have my 60 series with 2 1/2" pipes and it awesome (with resonator).
Just upsize your pipes and youll be fine Grey.

GrayGhost 05-28-2003 09:18 PM

Thanks Dizzle.

Also what kind of an intake do you have?

cdmx 06-02-2003 10:38 AM

With the flowmaster muffler with the resonator off its going to be a very loud mild deep car....not very ricey sounding but very loud....I dont recommend it cause it will give you TOO much attention.

climacus 06-02-2003 11:58 PM

Does the Flowmaster 60 drone on the highway (ie. around 3000-3500 rpm)?

R3DL1N3 06-03-2003 01:55 PM

umm noob question, wtf does a resonator look like?

cdmx 12-08-2003 11:49 PM

Originally posted by cdmx
With the flowmaster muffler with the resonator off its going to be a very loud mild deep car....not very ricey sounding but very loud....I dont recommend it cause it will give you TOO much attention.

haha im a dumbass for saying this i dont exactly know first hand...

Well i have the 60 series muffler with a 4" tip and 2.25" catback piping with a ebay header. It sounds Perfect. I just installed the header today and the powerband feels very smooth and the speed is faster.

SuperSajin 12-09-2003 05:55 PM

Grey,

I also have a 60 series flowmaster. i had the same problem u have now. i took the resinator off and it was much much lounder and aggressive sounding. but i just found out today the inside of it is braking up and i've only had it for a year so now i have to get a new one. it sounds good but mine didnt last and now i'm going to get a greddy exhaust system put on my civic.

Good luck