Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   Autometer A-Pillar pod (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/91328-autometer-pillar-pod.html)

Boosted2k2 05-02-2003 11:21 PM

Autometer A-Pillar pod

If anybody has this thing... how in the hell were you able to fit this over the stock A pillar and still get it to fit into that part of the dash. I just took the stock cover out, combined it with the Autometer one, and tried to put it back just as a test fit. I can't see how it's possible that they both can fit together in the space between the dash and the stock A pillar. Any ideas?

01WingsWestCivic 05-02-2003 11:35 PM

push like a mofo... seriously, its a REALLY tight fit, but if you keep pushing it into the dash, it will slowly slide in. just takes a little elbow grease.

RoadRunner 05-03-2003 03:22 AM

you just snap the thing in, no screw or anythin?

01WingsWestCivic 05-03-2003 09:21 AM

the fit is so tight that its not a necessity, but you could put two at the top of the pillar because it comes off the factory one a few millimeters because most of the pressure holding the new one on is at the bottom where you have to ram it in... hope that helps, ohh you could also use some double sided tape if you didnt want to drill, would work just as well, you wouldnt mess up your factory pillar, and there wouldnt be any screws showing, thats what i did

david02civic 05-03-2003 10:42 AM

yea, keep your stock pillar in, pull back the grey weather strippping and push!!!i t took me a little while to do it as well. I did mine last week.

Boosted2k2 05-03-2003 12:30 PM

Originally posted by david02civic
yea, keep your stock pillar in, pull back the grey weather strippping and push!!!i t took me a little while to do it as well. I did mine last week.
You didn't remove the stock pillar at all to get it to fit? Last night, I took the pillar out and tried to jam them both in at once. I did get it to fit in there. The hardest part that I couldn't do was to get the A pillar to snap back on though. Maybe I should try to fit it without removing the pillar at all?

01WingsWestCivic 05-03-2003 12:47 PM

no, you HAVE to take out the stock pillar. take out the stock, put the new one on top and start pushing them into the spot on the side of the dash, just keep a firm grip on both at once an keep pushing, youll feel it slide in slowly. after you get it going reach behind the stock pillar and feel where the holes are in comparison to the tabs on the back of the stock pillar, if theyre close just push the tabs in, do the bottom one first though

RoadRunner 05-03-2003 01:13 PM

so you have to remove the stock piller and you replace it with the aftermarket one you just bought

Boosted2k2 05-03-2003 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Both pillar have to go together. Anyway. Check it out. I finally got it.

david02civic 05-03-2003 01:39 PM

i found it easier to put it in without taking the stock one out. Mine slid in, you gotta do it easliy at first the push down really hard.

david02civic 05-03-2003 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hes a pic of mine