Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   1/4 mile times (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/69799-1-4-mile-times.html)

GOVTEC 01-02-2003 03:36 PM

1/4 mile times

Sorry if this is a repost but I searched and cant find anything...

on the stock ex, whats the stock 1/4 mile time?
and same car w/ 50 shot nitrous?

anybody else w/ex feel free to tell me your time but also let me kow what mods you have done. I'm trying to get a good idea. Thanks!!

GOVTEC:_bow:

AEMcivic 01-02-2003 03:40 PM

I'm interested in this also. I think that the quickest stock 1/4 mile run was like 15.8 or something around there. I've recently done a few more mods to my car and as soon as I get the time and money I'd like to dyno it and run it at the track a few times.

AzNciVic 01-02-2003 04:13 PM

some one here went to the track and said they did 16.5 i think.. i forgot

GOVTEC 01-02-2003 05:41 PM

keep posting about this..but I was doing some research in the archived forums and if "mohawkboom" can develop a nice intake manifold all these bolt ons should really help alot more and we'll have some better 1/4 mile times too.
:tup:

Nuts 01-02-2003 05:57 PM

i ran a 13.28 in my civic with a 150 shot, I/H/E/IM, and re programmed jet ECU. its not that hard to run it in our civics with what i have. i also have an 'intercooler look" that not only fakes out others that you have a turbo but it fakes out hte air into thinking its cold so it does get cold.and ohh yea i have an electric turbo. i smoke V6 and 8 stangs, camaros, type R's, GTS, Si's, even a turbo Si, s2000, and my best kill of all WRX and NSX. the NSX spun his tires bad tho and i jumped really quick on him cuz i activated my N2O in 1st gear (i'm good at driving and no getting wheelspin)

94civicsedan 01-02-2003 06:38 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Nuts
i ran a 13.28 in my civic with a 150 shot, I/H/E/IM, and re programmed jet ECU. its not that hard to run it in our civics with what i have. i also have an 'intercooler look" that not only fakes out others that you have a turbo but it fakes out hte air into thinking its cold so it does get cold.and ohh yea i have an electric turbo. i smoke V6 and 8 stangs, camaros, type R's, GTS, Si's, even a turbo Si, s2000, and my best kill of all WRX and NSX. the NSX spun his tires bad tho and i jumped really quick on him cuz i activated my N2O in 1st gear (i'm good at driving and no getting wheelspin)[hr]
ROLFMAO you got the Fake Intercooler, and the Electric BOV? hahahaha dude, thats some funny shit.

Im not Surprised you "smoked" those cars with your 150 shot of NAWWWZZ...but just for the fun of it....

http://www.lamer.net/bsmeter.gif

kjgracing 01-02-2003 07:23 PM

You can't run higher than a 50 shot of N20 with a JET Chip since the
ignition timing is advanced 5 degrees.

Oh yeah 16.7 is the stock 1/4 time for an EX...
my stock times were 17.1 before my mods.
Now I am going to sell my ECU so I can run N20

Logan 01-02-2003 08:01 PM

i ran a 13.28 in my civic with a 150 shot, I/H/E/IM, and re programmed jet ECU. its not that hard to run it in our civics with what i have. i also have an 'intercooler look" that not only fakes out others that you have a turbo but it fakes out hte air into thinking its cold so it does get cold.and ohh yea i have an electric turbo. i smoke V6 and 8 stangs, camaros, type R's, GTS, Si's, even a turbo Si, s2000, and my best kill of all WRX and NSX. the NSX spun his tires bad tho and i jumped really quick on him cuz i activated my N2O in 1st gear (i'm good at driving and no getting wheelspin)[hr]
I seriously hope you are just playing around, cause my bullsh*t meter just went off the charts.

Vesper 01-02-2003 08:44 PM

i also am getting high readings.

CivicRookie 01-02-2003 08:44 PM

:_doh:

This guy's kidding, right?

CivicRookie 01-02-2003 08:50 PM

BTW, Click Me

Nuts 01-02-2003 09:04 PM

no i'm not kidding, i'll be running low 12"s with hte addition of my second electric turbo. i'm gonna mount it right in front of my old one. i think i'll be the only civic with twin turbo ever... i can't wait..i'll have pics up soon. should i add a third?....triple electric turbos...man i'd be runnin igh 10s. i'm gonna start racing for money and start collecting sponsors from spoon and skunk2 so they can help me out. i don't wanna embarrass thier current pro dragger tho. man just think, a 02 civic with altezza lights pulling up to a ferrari on the drag strip. good byyyyyyyyye..

POLL.....what should my next mod be?
third electric turbo
intake manifold
another 150 shot of NOS
a bigger double decker wing
BOV speaker set up to install in my trunk to make up the lost sound of my turbo.

Nuts 01-02-2003 09:06 PM

[QUOTE]Quote
[hr]Originally posted by: kjgracing
You can't run higher than a 50 shot of N20 with a JET Chip since the
ignition timing is advanced 5 degrees.

i retarded my ignition. i am currently working with JET to solve that!

CivicRookie 01-02-2003 09:13 PM

no i'm not kidding, i'll be running low 12"s with hte addition of my second electric turbo. i'm gonna mount it right in front of my old one. i think i'll be the only civic with twin turbo ever... i can't wait..i'll have pics up soon. should i add a third?....triple electric turbos...man i'd be runnin igh 10s. i'm gonna start racing for money and start collecting sponsors from spoon and skunk2 so they can help me out. i don't wanna embarrass thier current pro dragger tho. man just think, a 02 civic with altezza lights pulling up to a ferrari on the drag strip. good byyyyyyyyye..

third electric turbo
intake manifold
another 150 shot of NOS
BOV speaker set up to install in my trunk to make up the lost sound of my turbo.[hr]
How about a timeslip? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Nuts 01-02-2003 09:19 PM

i only take it to the drag strip during pro contests and they take the slips away for records. and yall say civics are slow. after the races i drive off on my 18"s slammed to hte ground looking so fly. i am probubly the best looking fastest civic out there.

DriveItHard 01-02-2003 11:16 PM

You're so modest it's amazing:_doh:! ELECTRIC TURBOS!!!! How much boost are you running? You've gotta be running at least a bar by now to get 13's[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]. Yea..my car runs 13's too....but i have a leaf blower in my engine so..[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG].

Late:)

Nuts 01-02-2003 11:20 PM

well this is what i did. since its an ELECTRIc turbo i'm running 15 volts. i have an APC volt gauge and a boost gauge but the boost gauge is just there to tell people i have a turbo cuz most don't run the electric ones on volts like me. i took my 1200 watt amp for my subs and wired a line to the fan blade so everytime i turn up the volume on my headunit the fan spins harder cuz the more AMPs pushing the motor to run the fan the more air. just think about how fast i'd be goin if i had 3 of them.

TiM3 01-03-2003 01:31 AM

Nuts... that's the funniest sh#t I've read in a long time. Thanks. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Jeff 01-03-2003 01:41 AM

ok, and my civic dx sedan just smoked a s2000, yeah right. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
So nuts wheres the pictures?

Pukuyo 01-03-2003 01:41 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: DriveItHard
...Yea..my car runs 13's too....but i have a leaf blower in my engine so..[IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG].

Late:)[hr]
ROFL....that's some funny shit:)[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

civicvtec1ps 01-03-2003 01:46 AM

here we go.

:_doh:

Jeff 01-03-2003 01:49 AM

Im going to laugh when your electric fan blades break and get stuck in your throttle body . [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

xHoteKx 01-03-2003 01:54 AM

you have to be joking me.

electric turbos? more like parts off of boats :_doh::shake:

and i dont see how you can run 150shot without building up your engine.. if you really did used your nitrous in 1st gear, i really dont see how you're engine is in 1 piece.. hell 50shot in 1st gear is bound do major damage.

another thing.. you really cant "fake out" air. its not a living thing.. so how is it supposed to know if its cold or not? it doesnt.

but hey, good luck trying to get sponsered by spoon or skunk2.. i'll bet you money they'll just laugh in your face. and good goin on blowin your money on useless mods that could've gone towards something actually useful.

its people like you that gives us bad names :shake::tdown:[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

JMan50 01-03-2003 02:35 AM

somebody has been doing some good stuff or they have some serious issues:shake: :_doh:

GOVTEC 01-03-2003 02:48 AM

Thanks for the imput guys, except NUts. I'm new and I can tell he's full of it but oh well.

:shake:

BACK to what my original question was, anybody have any useful info about what mods give you the best results? I really do think the intake manifold is the huge cork in the bottle here. :shake:
Why a huge "U" shape? Honda knows the plenum is where the power is but then again depenability is nice too. More responses please, this is fun! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] :tup:

-GOVTEC

SLAMMED01CIV 01-03-2003 06:46 AM

third electric turbo
intake manifold
another 150 shot of NOS
BOV speaker set up to install in my trunk to make up the lost sound of my turbo.[hr]
Dude, you are unbelievable! You are the biggest shit talker I have ever seen! I tell you what. If this is true and actually happens, I'll eat my own shit and I'll post the video of me doing it on this site. WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!! You need some serious help and you also need to leave this site right now. :shake::shake:

AEMcivic 01-03-2003 08:40 AM

LOL
This is the best post evar!!!!!:):tup:

Nuts 01-03-2003 10:59 AM

i'm running my turbo from my amp. i'm running about 15 volts. i connected the amp to the custom built electric turbo motor so when i turn up the volume in my car the fan spins quicker. i also set up a boost gauge to make up for hte fact that i have no boost with the innovative triple electric turbo. i'm goin to a race shop today to pick up the supra badges and type R badges i had made to peplace my civic ones. my car is fast enough so that means its a type R. i can't WAAAIIIIIIITttttttttttttttttt.

Falcon 01-03-2003 11:56 AM

LMFAO!!

nuts, ur a great comedian.... the really funny part is seeing some people who actually think you're being serious

Nuts 01-03-2003 12:02 PM

haha, really some people are just stragiht up gullable. come one now, "inercooler look" to fake the air into thinking is cold so it gets cold".....jezzz. WTF is that.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]