Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   You guy's know some good tints .that make the honey's feel safe (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/54558-you-guys-know-some-good-tints-make-honeys-feel-safe.html)

frosty55 09-15-2002 02:17 AM

You guy's know some good tints .that make the honey's feel safe

yo guy's i need some tints for my silver 2k2 civic ,,, and i don't know if i should go totally black or silverish

need those tint's baddly and need some advice...........

speedracersong 09-15-2002 02:23 AM

i have a lx so it has some black trim on it. so i got a 15 percent black tint all around. it looks really nice. but then if u have a ex, imo u should get the mirror tint.

ak 09-15-2002 03:16 AM

The silver (aka quantum) tints are a bit see-thru, but they are neat!

I have 35% front, 5% back. If you want some privacy on the front, go with 20% front. Remember, that tinting on the front windows is illegal in most states.

Tinting Law Chart

iluvbritney 09-15-2002 04:46 AM

what yall think about a black ex 2 dr, cause i'm gonna tint the car this monday, need some opinions. i'm thinking tint it as dark as i can...legally

MSoft 09-15-2002 09:15 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: iluvbritney
what yall think about a black ex 2 dr, cause i'm gonna tint the car this monday, need some opinions. i'm thinking tint it as dark as i can...legally[hr]
Legally is 35% on the front side windows and as dark as you want (5% is limo tint) at the rear side and rear windows.

I have 35% front sides and 20% at the back, 15% tint strip on windshield as you can't even put the lightest tint there.

Although if you're lucky you should be able to get away with 20% at the front side windows, but you'll definitly get screwed over for putting anything darker there.

dragoon 09-15-2002 09:57 AM

check state laws.

civicvtec1ps 09-15-2002 10:23 AM

well check the tint laws first. i wanted to get mirror tint but its illegal in wisconsin. so i went with black tint.

lump 09-15-2002 11:09 AM

IVE GOT 5% MIRROR ALL THE WAY AROUND on my silver vic it is bad a$$!!:shake: check your state laws though im pretty sure it is illegal here but the cops are more interested in busting me for speeding then my tint!lol:)

Dustman380 09-15-2002 01:38 PM

I got the quantum also, mine is 20% all the way

iluvbritney 09-15-2002 02:04 PM

its looks weird not tinting the front, i'm not sure yall feel that way. and i'm pretty sure its illegal to do mirror tint up here in washington, i'm probably gonna do 35% front and 5% in the back, cant go any darker "legally"

VNlilMAN 09-15-2002 02:26 PM

if your going to get a tint thats illegal, might as well get it 5% all around... when it comes to tints i dont think theres a such thing as being more illegal....

ak 09-15-2002 04:28 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
if your going to get a tint thats illegal, might as well get it 5% all around... when it comes to tints i dont think theres a such thing as being more illegal....[hr]
5% in the front? :eek: It think it's TOO DARK for nighttime driving. Oh well, i drive with my windows down.

VTEC808 09-15-2002 04:55 PM

I'm in St. Louis, MO. right now & I have 5% tint all the way around the car (windshield strip too). I have never even had so much as a cop tell me there was a problem let alone getting pulled over for it eventhough I know it is illegal. It all depends on what priority the police in your area put on enforcing window tint laws. In my opinion I'd never waste my money to tint my windows unless it was 5%.

white2K2EX 09-15-2002 05:06 PM

I live in illinois and by state law I'm not supposed to have any tint on my front windows. But in general, you won't get pulled over for having 35 on the front. So I got 5 in the back, 35 on the front, and 25 on the eyebrow. I think it looks nice for the color to get gradually lighter if you cannot have full limo (5) tint.

windowtint 09-21-2002 01:23 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: ak
The silver (aka quantum) tints are a bit see-thru, but they are neat!

I have 35% front, 5% back. If you want some privacy on the front, go with 20% front. Remember, that tinting on the front windows is illegal in most states. [hr]

Not good with numbers???? You even have a link to the IWFA law chart page (which is outdated BTW)... and you are so totally off base...

Illegal in most states..... BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZ.. ahhhh.... sorry contestant, but that's a wrong answer.

Tinted front doors are illegal in 7 out of 50 states! SEVEN! ~ that's 14%... 14% is MOST??? wow....:shake:

Yakkolio 09-21-2002 06:28 PM

here's my car with 35% mirror tint wrapped

DaCurryman 09-21-2002 09:32 PM

Can more people with Mirror tints on a SSM Civic post pics or links, 'cause that's what I'm interested in getting, but I wanna get a good idea of what it'll look like before I do.

Also, what type/brand of mirror tint should I be asking for? Thanx again.