Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   Can I lower my civic manually? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/22224-can-i-lower-my-civic-manually.html)

TonnyHegger 01-30-2002 02:54 PM

Can I lower my civic manually?

Hello people:

Can I lower my car using my factory shocks and springs? My friend has an Accord and after he crash the car and fixing it the car was lower from one side and higher from the other. We took the car to a mechanic and he just lower the other side to match the high. How can you lower a car like that? Any help

UncleB 01-30-2002 03:06 PM

probably cut the springs, but I don't recommend that.

PerfectD3 01-30-2002 03:25 PM

Cut Springs... big time no no. 190 for pro kit or sport lines!

drbombay 01-30-2002 03:59 PM

or you can fill the car with fat people. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Grey 01-30-2002 05:08 PM

I did that once. Looked good. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

"Excuse me Mrs. You look rotund enough, would you please sit down for a minute while I take a picture?"

mohawkboom 01-30-2002 06:39 PM

I Once saw a Ford Festiva dropped at least 3" from Fat people.. The rear camber was WAY off looked literally like this / \ The tires went nearly flat.. there was a 400lbs woman driving and her 300+lb teen son in the car... It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.... Screw how many circus midgets can fit in a car.. try to watch these to exit the car lol[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

GTekCiViC 01-30-2002 07:12 PM

my friend cut his springs....... but only the front because he was scared of bottoming out......
but he got coilovers now =)

NeoMagus 01-30-2002 07:34 PM

dude around here at a local shop heats them or something (he wont tell exactly what he does) but its supposed to lower the car on stock suspension...wouldnt recommend it tho.

Macko 01-30-2002 08:18 PM

some local shops here take the stock springs and they have a machine that compresses it to a certain size..... it's safer than cutting them.... they are just like lowering springs after they been compressed... i've seen the stock spring from one side and the stock spring from the other after it was compressed.. i was like WHoa..

UncleB 01-31-2002 08:17 AM

I'll just spend the $200 or whatever and get real lowering springs. don't be a cheap-a$$

01civicboi 01-31-2002 09:32 AM

for less than $1, you can get 4 nails, insert them into your tires, and i Guarantee that your car will be lower[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Diznavis 01-31-2002 02:02 PM

<< for less than $1, you can get 4 nails, insert them into your tires, and i Guarantee that your car will be lower[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] >>

why pay for the nails, im sure you can find something laying around for free to do it with. just be sure to put up a DIY when youre done, with pics[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]