Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   Problem with Turbo Timer (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/207268-problem-turbo-timer.html)

KalliGarri 04-12-2005 06:49 PM

Problem with Turbo Timer

Basicly, when i take the keys out, the car is still running for 1 minute. Its ALL working great. I have the Stock Keyless Entry, and when i take the keys out and the car is running, it doesnt allow me to lock the car with the button. It only lets it lock with the button when the car turns off. So someone told me to just close the lock from the inside with my hands, but it has a safety feature when the door is open, it doesnt allow it to lock, it is forced to stay open so you dont accidently lock your keys inside. Is there anyway to over ride that safety so i can lock the car with my hand?
or is there a way where i can override it to where i can lock the car with the button? thanks

devilvtec 04-12-2005 07:09 PM

will it let you lock the door with the key from the outside?

bigsamdog 04-12-2005 07:31 PM

push the lock button down, then close the door with the door handle in the open position(as if ur pulling the door open, but in this case ur closin it) thats the only way i know how.

KalliGarri 04-12-2005 07:36 PM

it wont lock period when engine is running

bobsagator 04-13-2005 09:01 AM

Pull the door handle out (interior or exterior) and push down the lock. Then close the door normally.

Doesn't really sound like a turbo timer problem tho...

R1Style 04-13-2005 09:43 AM

Definatly not a turbo timer issue. The problem you're having is set from the Factory Alarm. It's doing what it's supposed to do... not allowing you to lock your keys in the car.
One way around it is to get an aftermarket alarm... this should solve your issue.
The other way is to do what everyone has been saying. Open your door, get out... then pull up the outside door handle and hold it open... then push down the lock plundger close the door still with the handle pulled up. Once the door is closed, let go of the handle... the door should shut and lock.
Or, you can just close the door and lock it with the key.

ACURAwerx 04-13-2005 09:47 AM

my friend with a 6thgen with a greddy tt had the same problem.. . He just locked it with the key.

AggressiveAdam 04-14-2005 12:53 AM

get a basic aftermarket alarm w/ turbo timer. It will allow you to lock your doors while the engine is running

teampointless 04-14-2005 11:29 AM

Get a Viper 791VX. It has a built in turbo timer and one of the best aftermarket alarms out there... Hit up Stereo-FX for some prices... they have some kick ass deals...

eye_see_you 04-14-2005 11:46 AM

i'm running the same way as you, I just push the button down as I get out and hold the outside handle as I close the door so the turbo can cool off and the car remain locked

incubus7d 04-14-2005 11:59 AM

I had a turbo timer on my GTI you can use the remote you gotta use the key while its still running, its part of the security. Everything is fine there supose to do that.