Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   Suicide Doors (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/167841-suicide-doors.html)

rpCiVicEx 08-09-2004 11:29 AM

Suicide Doors

Well I've think this may be a pretty dumb question..but I just was wondering how anyone thinks suicide doors would look on a civic coupe? I haven't EVER seen them on a Civic..so I'm thinking they'd look sh!tty...but then again maybe not...if anyones seen them post me up a picture or just your .02 ..thanks

just thought it might be something different :cool:

Edit:relocate this if I posted it in the wrong place

joski 08-09-2004 11:53 AM

I don't think it would really look good.. Maybe if you made just the passenger side done in suicide, it may have a cool sissor effect when they're both open.. :shrug:
Other than that, it make be kinda weird for our cars unless you had a sedan and just did the rears.

beastiek2 08-09-2004 12:06 PM

^^^ I agree a coupe wouldnt lok to hot, but a sedan can pull it off. I Personally have not seen it down yet except on the element :tongue:

rpCiVicEx 08-09-2004 03:29 PM

yeah the scissor effect sounds cool...you think someone could chop that for me?

VP Stylee 08-09-2004 04:24 PM

i was thought of those for my coupe because lambo doors got played out. all thats required is moving the hinges from one side to the other right?

beastiek2 08-09-2004 04:28 PM

^^^ and locks, and elecrtical

dannn 08-09-2004 05:13 PM

hmm
wonder how it would look on a sedan

wouldnt you have to weld the hinges to the otherside too?
and the parts that make the door lock in place.

streetglower 08-09-2004 05:47 PM

search around, alot of memebrs have lambo doors, here check this out, it is prods car with lambos

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167696

civic01vtec 08-09-2004 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by VP Stylee
all thats required is moving the hinges from one side to the other right?

hahaha, not that easy bro. It involves alot of fabrication. Welding, drilling, bondo and paint. Shops around me charge about $1,000 per door.

irishtemper 08-09-2004 06:29 PM

There is a kit to do it, but im not sure on how good it is. I was thinking of doing my own, but like civic01vtec said, You have alot of fab to do. Unless I find an easier way, my doors will stay stock for now. If I find the kit, I will post it.

irishtemper 08-09-2004 06:32 PM

suicide
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.c...=25&lc=pfpartt

streetglower 08-09-2004 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by irishtemper

theres a cheap kit for you. And to prove it, it says "Extensive modification required". I bet that shit is crap. You need the good kits, and it will cost you.

civic01vtec 08-09-2004 06:37 PM

trust me guys.............those are just the kits, which are the hinges. But the hardest part is that you have to actually take a cutoff wheel and cut your door jambs so u can weld those hinges in there. You also have to cut and weld to get the striker plate installed and you need to bondo around the hole u cut and bondo over the old striker plate and paint it all.

civic01vtec 08-09-2004 06:41 PM

here is how to do it............good luck :tup: :rofl:

http://www.suicidedoors.com/howto/howto_suicide.htm

irishtemper 08-09-2004 06:47 PM

If you own a plasma cutter it would help, but not much. I remember seeing that. You have to cut the latch side of the door and relocate it to the other side. If your a good crafstman or are going to pay someone, I say, why not, do it.

FuzzBeC00L 08-09-2004 07:28 PM

Get da lambo buddie

rpCiVicEx 08-09-2004 09:00 PM

Fuzz I'm thinking that's a gooooood idea they look awesome i just thought the suicides would be a lot more original...thanks for the imput

beastiek2 08-09-2004 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by rpCiVicEx
Fuzz I'm thinking that's a gooooood idea they look awesome i just thought the suicides would be a lot more original...thanks for the imput

Deffinitly orignial and expensive I bet

NoLeadEmSoMuch 08-09-2004 10:25 PM

suicides are probably gonna be the new big thing, but I like that scissor thing....also too bad that gullwings are probably not an option on our cars

joski 08-10-2004 06:31 AM

Yea I always thought about suicides on our car and the only possible way it would look good is to do it on the passenger side and get the scissor effect.. :shrug:

D5cIvIc 08-12-2004 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by VP Stylee
i was thought of those for my coupe because lambo doors got played out. all thats required is moving the hinges from one side to the other right?

how many ppl do u konw have lambos that live around you? it just seems a lot of ppl have it cuz htey are on teh internet...but really its rare that you see them on teh street. so they aint that played out man

rpCiVicEx 08-13-2004 10:36 AM

No one around here has them, I haven't seen anyone at any of the meets that has lambos...

I just posted to see what you guys thougth, and now I see that I'm going to invest in the near future. (When I get the funds.) :hgrin:

dannn 08-13-2004 09:21 PM

hmmm suicide lambos on sedan might look interesting

HShadow 08-13-2004 09:58 PM

If you go to the shows, everyone has lambo doors, so yes they are played out. Look up JTautobody. Tony, the owner has a miata with a lambo door on one side and suicide door on the other, both motorized. It definitly would look much different on a coupe and might start a new trend of modification in the show world. You can not go wrong with a suicide door on a 4 door in the rear but a coupe is definitly taking a chance. As for a company who has been around and provides a quality kit, you might look up Autoloc. They have kits for everything including lambo doors, split hoods and trunks, front open trunk, door popers, etc. Here is their web site:

streetglower 08-13-2004 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by HShadow
If you go to the shows, everyone has lambo doors, so yes they are played out. Look up JTautobody. Tony, the owner has a miata with a lambo door on one side and suicide door on the other, both motorized. It definitly would look much different on a coupe and might start a new trend of modification in the show world. You can not go wrong with a suicide door on a 4 door in the rear but a coupe is definitly taking a chance. As for a company who has been around and provides a quality kit, you might look up Autoloc. They have kits for everything including lambo doors, split hoods and trunks, front open trunk, door popers, etc. Here is their web site:

yes you see them at shows, but do you rarely see them out on the streets, so no I dont think they are played out. If you go to a show, everything is played out if you think about it, but alot of that stuff, hardly anyone has driving there cars on the streets, and rarley do you see any of those show cars driving down the street.

HShadow 08-13-2004 10:06 PM

If you go to the shows, everyone has lambo doors, so yes they are played out. Look up JTautobody. Here is their website: JT AUOTSTYLE Tony, the owner has a miata with a lambo door on one side and suicide door on the other, both motorized. It definitly would look much different on a coupe and might start a new trend of modification in the show world. You can not go wrong with a suicide door on a 4 door in the rear but a coupe is definitly taking a chance. Here are a few pics of the Miata:Suicide door on coupe

As for a company who has been around and provides a quality kit, you might look up Autoloc. They have kits for everything including lambo doors, split hoods and trunks, front open trunk, door popers, etc. Here is their web site: Autoloc

streetglower 08-13-2004 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by HShadow
If you go to the shows, everyone has lambo doors, so yes they are played out.

So your saying you wouldnt get them because there played out right? Well why did you get all that stuff that you have on your car right now? All that stuff is more played out then lambo doors. everyone has a exhaust, intake, rims, etc... everyone at shows has all that stuff, and everyone on the streets has all that stuff, but how many people do you see on the streets with lambo doors. I have never actually seen one in person, only on the internet. So no I dont think they are played out.

HShadow 08-13-2004 10:19 PM

You also dont live in So Cal. Trust me come down here for a weekend and hang out with some car clubs and race sites. You will be sick of them by the time you leave. I also have a 4 door so, ya I wont get lambo doors, suicide doors would be the way for me to go. And to comment on the exhaust, intake, wheels, etc., I show my car, so you need at lease, and I mean at the very least down here to have those mods to be able to show the car. Other wise dont plan on entering the shows.

civic01vtec 08-13-2004 11:02 PM

so, everyone has a bodykit and they are played out..........but everyone still gets them

DVD players are played out..........coilovers are played out......... turbos are played out.........engine swaps are played out.

Think about it..........u may think they are played out, but doesn't ur jaw still drop when u see someone opening their doors and it goes straight up :clap:

streetglower 08-13-2004 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by civic01vtec
so, everyone has a bodykit and they are played out..........but everyone still gets them

DVD players are played out..........coilovers are played out......... turbos are played out.........engine swaps are played out.

Think about it..........u may think they are played out, but doesn't ur jaw still drop when u see someone opening their doors and it goes straight up :clap:

exactly, I would kill to see that shit in person. I havent ever seen it. All the other shit is old now. I see cars with bodykits, and I really dont even look. But when I see someone who has headlight conversions, I stare because it is pimp. And lambo doors are pimp, not played out.