Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   service maintenance and after market suspension (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/142095-service-maintenance-after-market-suspension.html)

Alex1 02-29-2004 01:40 AM

service maintenance and after market suspension

when it says on the list that they have to check your suspension components, will it matter if i have TEINs on? will they still check it anyway?

one more thing, how does honda adjust the parking brake? do they do it from the cable under the center console or through the drums?

MrWong 02-29-2004 12:20 PM

I doubt they will check your tiens, since it is a aftermarket unit.

Not sure about the adjustment of the parking brake, you can ask them if you want.

Alex1 02-29-2004 05:45 PM

Originally posted by MrWong
I doubt they will check your tiens, since it is a aftermarket unit.

Not sure about the adjustment of the parking brake, you can ask them if you want.

i dont mean just the TEINs, i mean every other suspension component like driveshaft boots and all that other crap? (read man!)

how u gonna tell me to ask them when i posted it up here asking already. sounds kinds stupid doesnt it? :_doh: im sure someone here knows how honda adjusts the parking brake...

gearbox 02-29-2004 05:54 PM

They adjust the cable from the e-brake. Someone on this site wrote up a DIY for it, but seemed way too difficult for me.

As far as checks, they only look at stock parts and components. Most dealers will, however, make a note of aftermarket parts on your car. That way they can try and blame a warranty problem on these parts. Most of the service mainterance checks are not worth it. The only thing I get done at the dealer is oil change. I even did my own tranny fluid. Whenever it says they will check something, it usually means they'll glance at it and make sure there's no leak. It's very basic stuff.

orso 02-29-2004 06:21 PM

ok adjusting the ebrake is simple. pull your center console out and you will see where the cables attach to the handle. from the handle it has one cable. then that cable attaches to a bar which has the adjustment screw. then the bar has two cables attached to it, one to each side. anyway the adjustment screw has a spring around the threaded part of the screw for resistance. all you do is tighten the screw to take the slack out of the line and check the ebrake after every adjustment to make sure the brake is not engaged. there should be a little slack but not much. it is EASY really.

Alex1 03-01-2004 07:14 AM

^^^ i know the ebrake adjustment is easy and i know how to do it. but is that how honda adjusts it? or do they adjust it through the rear brake drums?

ac2882 03-01-2004 09:38 AM

you're right gearbox....they only check for little things and on top of that they charge you so much just to for them to look at it.....i remember when i brought my car back to the dealer they charged me around $150....i was so pissed off cuz they really didn't do anything

Alex1 03-01-2004 11:54 AM

^ trying to accumulate posts and points huh lol?