Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/15-buy-sell-trade-archive)
-   -   The new si.....drove it... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/15-buy-sell-trade-archive/40309-new-si-drove.html)

bhaz413 06-12-2002 10:02 AM

The new si.....drove it...

Well while I was at my dealership getting some warently repair done, I decided on test driving the new si. I really dont think it is that impressive. I liked the storage compartments, a good amount of room. The seats are awsome and I am thinking of getting some. But the pickup wasnt all that I expected. Yes it rev's quick, but it really isnt much more then the EX. I was expecting much more. The other down side is the shifter. I hate it up on the dash. I like to rest my hand of the shift when I am driving, and having your arm up in the air on the SI is not really any fun. Not to mention the damn car is fugy......I give the new si a big boo.

robbclark1 06-12-2002 10:05 AM

I did the same thing when I got my oil changed last. It really isn't worth 20k. i would rather get an RSX. Seemed sluggish and my EX seemed like it sped up faster. I don't mind the sifter that much, just isn't as much fun to play with when at a light.

AEMcivic 06-12-2002 10:09 AM

Speaking of the si....
Last wednesday, my friend traded in his 2k1 for a black '02 si.
He washed and waxed that thing twice before the weekend so he could pimp around town Saturday night.
Well, saturday night comes, and we're all hangin out in this parking lot. My boy's girl goes to drive his car around the parking lot and forgets the parking brake on!!!! She gets about 100 ft. before the car dies. She said there was smoke coming from the parking brake. LOL And everytime you try to start the damn thing, it stutters and dies if you don't put your foot on the gas a keep it reved up!!! Man was my friend pissed!! Atleast it's under warranty....

Lianjie 06-12-2002 10:27 AM

ya i'd definately rather spend the 20k on an rsx with the same engine than an si.. the si is so ugly!!

solar 06-12-2002 10:31 AM

I drove one a few weeks ago from the dealer and I loved it!!! I thought the seats were great and the shifter was smooth as silk, I like the placement of the shifter. I thought the motor was much stronger than the stock EX, don't get me wrong though, its no pavement burner but seemed very smooth and quick reving. Yah the price is a little steep but if you wait a while, and they become common place, you can get the dealer down off the list by about a Grand.

TonnyHegger 06-12-2002 10:33 AM

Cool

02civicSI 06-13-2002 12:51 PM

i just bought an si two weeks ago...i got it for $16.5K

solar 06-13-2002 02:51 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: 02civicSI
i just bought an si two weeks ago...i got it for $16.5K[hr]
16.5?? Is this a Si bought in the USA or Canada?? I find it real hard to believe you could get a 180 hp Si hatch for 16.5, the sticker is 19.5 and I've go dealers down before but not 3 grand off sticker. If its a real Si hatch and you really did get it for 16.5 I salute you, I'm really good at haggling the price down, but 3 grand on a Si seems to good to be true.

Does it look like "Smooth Operator"'s photo below???

SmoothOperator 06-13-2002 03:55 PM

For those of you who have test driven it, and found it sluggish....
When I first bought mine I thought the same thing. It was kind of sluggish. But wait till there's some mileage on it...damn that engine really loosens up. It's far more responsive now than when I bought it.

NickDaMans02Civic 06-15-2002 07:32 PM

180 HP, the new SI is 160 HP I really like the TYPE R that thing looks really good.

Nick

Micks2K1 06-21-2002 12:24 AM

dude I test drove with the sales man in the car and got yelled at for testing out the cars performance I dont get that it had more than 500 miles on and I know that it wasnt gonna sell for asking price because it is no longer a new car.

NeoMagus 06-21-2002 01:21 AM

yea its 160, not 180hp.