Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   i need help on honda civic 93. i think its my fuel or injectors (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/332447-i-need-help-honda-civic-93-i-think-its-my-fuel-injectors.html)

chirby17 10-10-2010 12:09 AM

i need help on honda civic 93. i think its my fuel or injectors

my car is bogging its a d15b jdm. it starts when i drive for a while, then wen i got home the car sounds really high like high idle. then wen i rev it its start to bogg like its struggling to get gas or somthing. then its dies, then i turn it on. i check the fuel injectors plug i took it out then it doesnt feel like its about to die but the other three does. its the first cylinder starting on the right. i dont kno if it have to do with this but smokes comes out of my tail pipe like blue or white smoke.i cant tell. and i check the spark plugs it does the same thing. but wen i start it up wen its coool and i take off the plugs and the fuel injectors plug (not the same time) then it acts normal, like its about to die but the other three feels like its about to die more. please help thanks

sureshot1979 10-10-2010 04:16 AM

Re: i need help on honda civic 93. i think its my fuel or injectors

check your fuel pump or fuel filter...you might want to go ahead and give it a tune up starting with the oil change then filter,then spark plug wires then sparkplugs...and then if it still does it change the distributer and rotor.......if still does it my guess it would be a sensor or computer.... more then likly its a injecter or distrubter....but it also could be your fuel pump

sureshot1979 10-10-2010 04:16 AM

or bad gas

chirby17 10-10-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sureshot1979 (Post 4493211)
check your fuel pump or fuel filter...you might want to go ahead and give it a tune up starting with the oil change then filter,then spark plug wires then sparkplugs...and then if it still does it change the distributer and rotor.......if still does it my guess it would be a sensor or computer.... more then likly its a injecter or distrubter....but it also could be your fuel pump

thanks,i change spark plug, fuel filter, oil change, still nothing. it happens once a while tho. but once i start up the engine it feels like it bout to die, like wen i press gas gotta keep preessing to make go or rev, thats wen i start it up, but wen its warm up its fine like i dont gotta keep pressin it.

chirby17 10-10-2010 10:50 AM

help

hondishi 10-11-2010 08:18 PM

try checking the throttle body and all the surrounding components and cleaning them really well. im not sure if your engine some sort of idol control mechanism but if it does trying cleaning that as well. i had the same problem with my car....not going to mention the make on this forum lol