Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   92 hatch radiator issues??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/324209-92-hatch-radiator-issues.html)

serg92hatch 12-03-2009 05:30 PM

92 hatch radiator issues???

hey i have stock HB and the other day my heater stopped working

happened after i changed the oil...

it doesnt overheat maybe bcause i use it at night at work wen i deliver food..

it smokes though and the radiator was either empty or low..

the reservoir tank was empty so i put some antifreeze there and topped off the radiator last night to work...

after working 8 hours running fine heater on high and hot. i parked it home for the night...

this morning antifreeze was all on the floor and both radiator and reservoir tank were empty...

doesnt look like theres any leaks on the radiator( its fairly new).

what should i do???:hithead:

YSIDRAG 12-04-2009 07:46 AM

Re: 92 hatch radiator issues???

When you say floor do you mean the garage floor or floor of the car? [inside] First i would have it pressure tested. If it has a leak it will show up this way. Is the car over heating at all? It could also be boiling out if its over heating. If you ment floor of the car its going to have a leak in the heater core. Witch will need to be replaced.

Jay
Fabricated Performance

serg92hatch 12-04-2009 04:51 PM

the car leaks all the coolant out into the pavement. it looks llike behind the engine under the throttle body i see a leak whats back there?

BlueEM2 12-04-2009 07:02 PM

Start simple, check the hoses. Trace them along and see if you can find the leak..

YSIDRAG 12-05-2009 01:19 PM

There is a coolant metal tube that runs from the water pump side over to the t-stat housing, along with a heater hose and the small coolant hoses for the IACV.

serg92hatch 12-06-2009 04:06 AM

so do you think that metal tube needs to be replaced or is there a gasket or something.....what should i do?

gearbox 12-06-2009 09:43 AM

find out where exactly the leak is coming from first. could be intake mani, water pump seal, hoses, engine block, radiator, etc.

serg92hatch 12-06-2009 12:00 PM

i know that the problem is located under the throttle body because theirs liquid traces on the back side of the oil pan. ( drain plug side) its hard to get in there and see but i hope its not a cracked engine block. does anyone have a diagram or blueprint of the d15b8 engine and its components?

civicsrcool 12-08-2009 06:55 AM

if you cant find the leak easily i suggest you purchase a leak detector kit. the kit has some special liquid that you pour into the fluid you are trying to check the leak of. in your case, the coolant. with the supplied ultraviolet light and uv glasses it will pinpoint where the leak is coming from. when you use the glasses and the light the chemical from the liquid solution will show up, revealing the location of your leak.