Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   What are the best spark plugs for civics? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/322039-what-best-spark-plugs-civics.html)

richs1000 09-30-2009 09:57 PM

What are the best spark plugs for civics?

What are the best spark plugs for civics?

Any thoughts on Bosch plugs?

gearbox 09-30-2009 10:06 PM

Re: What are the best spark plugs for civics?

bosch is garbage. stick with ngk or denso. the regular copper plugs work best, and are cheap, but you need to change em every couple years. $2 a piece ngk v-powers are great. but if you have the money, spend some more on denso iridium plugs they will last several years and use less electrical energy to make the same spark. those are $10 each.

richs1000 09-30-2009 10:16 PM

things youve been a big help

heavycar 09-30-2009 11:11 PM

Hi
I alwayz go fo Denso and OEM,they may be expensive but r easily available at www.autopartsway.ca .I beleive they r durable.

richs1000 09-30-2009 11:40 PM

i just bought some ngk groove plugs. I have these in my subaru svx. there good.

JagerVR4 10-01-2009 07:47 AM

What kind of Plugs should a boosted civic be using? cause i need to change mine out...

and how about wires? there are some shitty 10.5mm wires on my car now

bomerman19 10-01-2009 10:21 AM

^ NGK BKR7E-11 good to 500hp
also really cheap and really amazing plugs

bomerman19 10-01-2009 10:21 AM

^ NGK BKR7E-11 good to 500hp
also really cheap and really amazing plugs

gearbox 10-01-2009 12:26 PM

i would only use copper plugs for turbo car and change them every 2-3k miles when you do the oil. and stick with oem or NGK (blue) plug wires. figuring out the heat range of the plug is up to your setup. you might need a step colder than stock.

bomerman19 10-01-2009 02:31 PM

http://www.evans-tuning.com/pre_tuning_checklist.html

about 2/3 to 3/4 the way down the page talks about spark plugs and wich ones to use

the is from jeff evans website who is one of the best honda tuners in the country I would definitely say one of the top 3 the other 2 being ben from hondata, and there is a guy from colorado that dreated the t1 or k1 cam trigger fro the b and d series

Dan Kap 02-25-2015 10:13 AM

Does anyone have an opinion of this particular plug. I have an '06 Civic EX. O'Reilly Auto Parts had a rebate sale on Autolite double platinum plugs for $2 each, after rebate. So I bought four. Originals are iridium, but they're $7 each at O'Reilly, better than 3X the cost of the rebate plugs.

Any opinions of this plug, and replacing iridium with double platinum? I have about 100K on the car (and its original plugs) currently. Thanks for the suggestions!

P.S. Because of the rebate, I've mutilated the boxes to get the UPCs off them, so I'm sure I can't return them.

MrOldskool 02-26-2015 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Kap (Post 4680013)
Does anyone have an opinion of this particular plug. I have an '06 Civic EX. O'Reilly Auto Parts had a rebate sale on Autolite double platinum plugs for $2 each, after rebate. So I bought four. Originals are iridium, but they're $7 each at O'Reilly, better than 3X the cost of the rebate plugs.

Any opinions of this plug, and replacing iridium with double platinum? I have about 100K on the car (and its original plugs) currently. Thanks for the suggestions!

P.S. Because of the rebate, I've mutilated the boxes to get the UPCs off them, so I'm sure I can't return them.

Don, Since you already bought them, stick em in and give them a try. We know that OEM brand plugs usually cost more but they have proved them to perform in their engine. If the Autolite's don't perform or last, It's time to bite the bullet and purchase the plug type that your car calls for. My 2 pennies worth :rolleyes:

Dan Kap 02-27-2015 09:10 AM

Thanks for your reply, MrOldskool. Believe me, your 2¢ worth is always welcomed!

I'm sure I'll take your advice. Might as well use 'em and see how well they perform and how long they'll last. As you said, if they don't do either, I'll bite the bullet and get the iridiums as specfied, next time. Again, thanks.

Dan

lowlife9 02-28-2015 02:19 PM

only use DENSO or NGK on honda vehicle motors its simple as that.

KillaKane2429 03-01-2015 08:48 AM

In my best option from experience and from listening to others. The average Honda/acura suped up or not seems to love the NGK V Power plugs. Last forever and have a great ignition spark. So my answer= NGK V Power plugs

Dan Kap 03-01-2015 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by lowlife9 (Post 4680144)
only use DENSO or NGK on honda vehicle motors its simple as that.

I noticed when I first looked in the Honda Owner's Manual for spark plugs that it had the same two manuacturerers listed, with their respective part numbers. Thanks.

Dan Kap 03-01-2015 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKane2429 (Post 4680188)
In my best option from experience and from listening to others. The average Honda/acura suped up or not seems to love the NGK V Power plugs. Last forever and have a great ignition spark. So my answer= NGK V Power plugs

Thanks for the recommendation. My current NGK iridium plugs have been going strong for 72,000 miles...excellent gas mileage which I track accurately, and plenty of power considering my little 4-banger engine. I plan to install new plugs at 100K, which is Honda's recommedation.

burke 03-06-2015 08:06 AM

I just bought ngk groove plug.I think that can be helpful for you as well.There are so many website selling this product.I got from http://www.autopartsway.ca/ with free shipping.

mikey1 03-06-2015 08:58 AM

there is no better plug then the stock plug, and that goes for any vehicle,

nothing will work any better, you are not smarter then the engineers,

the only reason to use a different plug would be if you had a highly modified setup/engine, and when i say highly modified im not talking about a header, or muffler, or cold air intake,

im talking about serious crap like boring, head work, porting, polishing, turbo, supercharger etc etc

CraigW 03-06-2015 11:13 AM

^^, Yes

Live and learn, OEM Denso soon at 95k in my 2010.

Well worth their price.