Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   Most Wettest/Glossiest Wax? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/311592-most-wettest-glossiest-wax.html)

Street Kings 10-23-2008 03:46 PM

Most Wettest/Glossiest Wax?

Hi,

I own a black 05 Civic and I'm looking for a Car Wax which gives Incredible Gloss & looks Wet. So Far I have used Meguire's NTX, and Black Magic Car Waxes but I was disappointed on both. They are just general waxes that gives ur car a look of clean but I want the glossy effect on my Civic.

I usually buy stuff from Ebay and Autozone. So are there any brands that can be found online or at the general stores for such waxes?

sicma99ot 10-23-2008 03:50 PM

Re: Most Wettest/Glossiest Wax?

i use eagle 1 in a clear spray bottle. its real nice and no residue

Street Kings 10-23-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by sicma99ot (Post 4356411)
i use eagle 1 in a clear spray bottle. its real nice and no residue

Thanks Man, but does it give the glossy effect well enough?

inthezoneac 10-23-2008 04:32 PM

i use meguiar's nxt wax, like it a lot. I first tried black magic wax and my god did that suck a lot. Everything about it sucked.

turtle wax ICE car wash makes the car shine, better than meguiar's or armor all wash. Meguiar's wax keeps the shine. And I use meguiar's spray detailer, love the glass feel to it.

sicma99ot 10-23-2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Street Kings (Post 4356414)
Thanks Man, but does it give the glossy effect well enough?

yea, real glossy and smooth. ICE is alos an excellent glossy finish

Street Kings 10-23-2008 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac (Post 4356419)
i use meguiar's nxt wax, like it a lot. I first tried black magic wax and my god did that suck a lot. Everything about it sucked.

turtle wax ICE car wash makes the car shine, better than meguiar's or armor all wash. Meguiar's wax keeps the shine. And I use meguiar's spray detailer, love the glass feel to it.

As I mentioned b4 I did use Meguire's NXT Wax, And I have also used Turtle Wax ICE Spray, but none of those gave the wet/glossy effect. They just give a clean car effect not the real Glossy shine!

EnvyX 10-24-2008 12:20 AM

you want new paint

:lol:

inthezoneac 10-24-2008 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Street Kings (Post 4356425)
As I mentioned b4 I did use Meguire's NXT Wax, And I have also used Turtle Wax ICE Spray, but none of those gave the wet/glossy effect. They just give a clean car effect not the real Glossy shine!

ICE Spray?

if ICE wash, nxt wax, nxt spray detailer doesn't keep your car glossy you need new paint. I was googling gloss wax and found this. Tell me his car doesn't have a mirror gloss shine.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=282719

sicma99ot 10-24-2008 01:27 AM

damn that blue celica looks sick! imo best celica ive seen

gearbox 10-24-2008 01:27 AM

i like 3M performance finish

skoot 10-24-2008 07:26 AM

Wash, clay bar, cleaner wax, follow up with polish/sealer to make it pop. If you have a light color car don't expect a lot of gloss.

Do this process under floresent light so you can see imperfections in the paint i.e hard water spots ect.

Try to find a wax without a lot of spirits in it. A lot of over the counter waxes have about 30% spirits and the rest carnuba. You can usually find the good stuff at a body shop of hot rod shop.

PM me for info on where I get mine

dizbstretch 10-24-2008 09:56 AM

HI, IF YOU WANT A GLOSSY WET LOOK ON YOUR BLACK CIVIC... TAKE A LOOK AT PINNACLE, POORBOY, OR Menzerna Polishing Compounds FOR THE POLISH & THEN TOP IT OFF WITH YOUR FAVORITE WAX... THE POLISH WOULD GIVE IT A NICE DEEP WET LOOK & THE WAX WILL PROTECT IT... I FOUND THAT AFTER WAXING, USING MEGUIARS ULTIMATE QUICK DETAILER MAKES YOUR CAR COLOR POP OUT NICE... I HAVE A LIGHT COLOR CAR & IT MADE MY CIVIC PAINT POP, FOR BLACK CARS, IT WOULD DO WONDERS...

TRY IT OUT... GOOGLE CAR DETAILING PRODUCTS & YOU'LL FIND SO MUCH MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ON DETAILING AND MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE...

GOOD LUCK

mrplow123456 10-24-2008 10:54 AM

Not sure if you meant you used the turtle wax ice wax or polish but I used the polish kit from Autozone, about 20 bucks, and it made my car have an almost watery look to it. I have a civic and it turned out amazingly. Another choise that I personally haven't tried but heard amazing results from is Sonus. Google them and you will find the best car care products avaible to you. They are slightly more expensive but to tell you the truth, the cars I have seen that werefinished up with their products deserve to be in like showroom floors next to lambos and exotic cars alike. If I get a chance this weekend I'll show you some pics of my car b4 and after the polish.

bakertime 10-24-2008 12:48 PM

Most of the brands you can buy in stores aren't really anything spectacular. My favorite is Mother's though, and I usually use their 3-step process, but use a clay bar prior.

Clay Bar>Polish>Sealer/Glaze>Wax. I do it by hand, and prepare to take a looong time doing it. I do it a lot (I detail cars part-time), and it takes me 3 hours or so for a small car. When you're first getting started, it could take up to 6 hours until you get the feel for how to do it fastest. All of our customers have been very pleased with this, and we're getting awesome results compared to when we just used polish+wax.

YuckerDisMe 10-24-2008 01:28 PM

i use pinnacle souverän paste wax. You could get it from autogeek.net

I would wait until it goes on sell though if you get it.

Silver02EX 10-24-2008 11:12 PM

www.pinkwax.net

I saw this at a car show in 2001, and been using it on my previous black car, and my current civic since brand new. Very easy to apply and remove.

greenbay0405 10-25-2008 02:09 AM

I've heard that Mother's clay bar kit is a great product. I've seen it at advance auto before, for a pretty reasonable price..

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/.../photo_03.html

gearbox 10-25-2008 12:07 PM

turtle wax ice liquid clay bar works surprisingly well. it completely took out a quarter sized clear coat scuff that nothing else would.

Street Kings 10-26-2008 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by EnvyX (Post 4356544)
you want new paint

:lol:

Originally Posted by inthezoneac (Post 4356549)
ICE Spray?

if ICE wash, nxt wax, nxt spray detailer doesn't keep your car glossy you need new paint. I was googling gloss wax and found this. Tell me his car doesn't have a mirror gloss shine.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=282719

Guys My Civic is 05 Nighthawk Black Pearl (Fairly New), always kept inside garage even at work I have bought garage parking for it, it see's the sun very little during the day & has never been roughly used. So the paint is perfect without any scratches.

@ Everyone else - Thanks alot for the inputs, until now I was just washing the car with pressure wash using the Car Washing Formula of Turtle Wax and later after drying I just applied Meguires NTX Wax.

I didn't knew about the polishing, so I went to autozone and Bought the Meguire's Polish Formula, It did a decent job but still no wetness/glossy pop look.

I guess I'm doing the whole Car Wash Wrong. I need tips or perhaps a guide of step by step of car wash and applying products that will make the car look really glossy.

I hate taking the car to These local Car Washes because the stupid brushes can leave baaad scratches!

mrplow123456 10-27-2008 12:30 AM

I know one of the first things that i learned when I started to talk care of my car, that the automatic car washes are the worst things b/c like u said they leave nasty scratches on your beautiful paint job. After doing hours of research, I also learned that ar wash soap is car wash soap. Some ppl wil disagree with me but honestly think about it. What is the difference between Dish Soap and Meguiar's Car Wash? The smell? lol

But seriously when you get down to it the only thing that you can do to keep you car looking its best is spend the weeend washing it, and if needed waxing it. I know there are plenty of how to's on washing your car but I'll share what I do.

Usually I wash the car twice. Once with a generice microfiber mitt from like Autozone then once again with a lambs wool mitt. After that I use a chamois and follow it with a wax from Meguiar's. And depending if I still have time with Turtle Wax ICE Polish.

I know it's maybe a little different from the way some people do it but so far it has worked and never found a problem with it. Anyone have any more input or any ideas on how to max a car look nicer would be grately appreciated. Its beautiful after I'm dne, but not perfect.

DDragon7 10-27-2008 08:26 AM

I have to disagree on the car wash soap is car wash soap. I have used a couple of brands, but I like the Meguires Gold Class wash soap because after the wash and for a while it help repel water long than the previous ones that I have used.

CivicFreak03 10-27-2008 11:26 AM

Meguiar's Tech Wax FTW...nothin' better

mrplow123456 10-27-2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by DDragon7 (Post 4357374)
I have to disagree on the car wash soap is car wash soap. I have used a couple of brands, but I like the Meguires Gold Class wash soap because after the wash and for a while it help repel water long than the previous ones that I have used.

Well I have to agree and disagree at the same time. Yes, all soaps aren't created equally. in fact I use the Gold Class personally, but while doing research I found that the best kind of car wash soap is the one that makes water the wettest. It sounds funny but I'm gonna go in depth with it. Pretty much like you said, someting that makes water just run off the car is good, but believe it or not, the ones that make the most suds are best. Therefore the best soaps are like the car washes for kids. They purposely make it so they produce TONS of suds so kids have fun washing the car. They are also they best car soap out. I just still have a lot left of the Gold Class to to throw it out and get something different.

baron340 10-27-2008 02:07 PM

What is the difference between Dish Soap and Meguiar's Car Wash? The smell? lol
This is actually way off base. The two different soaps are chemically very different. What is dish soap (dawn) designed to do? Break down grease. They use the stuff to clean up oil spills for crying out loud. What is wax made out of? Basically its grease.... So dawn essentially strips off those hours and hours of waxing you did, which is not good for paint. Car wash soap is designed to take off dirt and stuff like that but it doesnt have the powerful degreasers that dish soap does. So you can keep those nice layers of wax that protect your paint. As for which soap is best, no clue... I use some cheap stuff, but I also spend my money on hp instead of pretty... but thats just me.

mrplow123456 10-27-2008 02:26 PM

See I agree with you that dish soap removes wax. but do some research and its minimal. I was referring more towards the discount soaps as the grease fighting powers are minimal to begin with. Anyway whats the worse that can happen if you remove all the wax, which you won't in one wash, you just put another layer of wax on. I are alot about my car do to the climate I live in and it sees the elements alot. It drives me crazy when I drive down the road and see those dirty cars that look like tey still have salt on it from winter the year before.