Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   how and where do u put jackstands on 02 civic? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/296542-how-where-do-u-put-jackstands-02-civic.html)

ancientpimp 06-25-2007 10:13 AM

how and where do u put jackstands on 02 civic?

i know where to jack it up but there seems to be no space to put the stands on the same spot. I could but i have to put the jack on the edge of the jacking point. (which i dont like to do cuz theres like freaky creaking noises when i do that) Can u just put the stands along the same frame of the jacking point? it seems thinner though than the jack point? :confused:
any pics maybe?

LT2004ever 06-25-2007 10:20 AM

Re: how and where do u put jackstands on 02 civic?

i put mine right there where i put my jack. that little thing of metal that pokes down just a tad bit lower than all the rest. Like theres even an arrow under your car. Idk i haven't had any probs puttin my stands there.

edit srry no pics im at work :/

bu i know its a diff vic, but still same relative place
http://hondaswap.com/features/2004/1...nst_med_05.jpg

ancientpimp 06-25-2007 10:25 AM

thanks for reply man, i guess i'll have to use a "bottle?" jack to raise it and have enough room to put stands on the same spot. i searched the forum and everyone says thats where to put stands (sheesh, cant honda make it an inch longer-nah! that means it'll cost my civic 10k more lol)

edit* oh, thanks for pic (it didnt show earlier)

Originally Posted by LT2004ever (Post 4207273)
i put mine right there where i put my jack. that little thing of metal that pokes down just a tad bit lower than all the rest. Like theres even an arrow under your car. Idk i haven't had any probs puttin my stands there.

edit srry no pics im at work :/

bu i know its a diff vic, but still same relative place
http://hondaswap.com/features/2004/1...nst_med_05.jpg

02civic21 06-25-2007 10:37 AM

hey you can jack the car along that whole line the jack stand goes on that little spot that sticks down lower but you can jack it up anywhere along that seam the creaking sounds is just your car settling because your shifting the the weight of the entire car to one side and its your suspension making the sound but if you jack both sides up all the weight wont be on one side of the suspension

speedfoos 06-25-2007 11:24 AM

I put mine right where the subframe connects up. Its about 7 inches in and 3 inches to the right of the jack point there on the seam.

speedricerx 06-25-2007 11:29 AM

there is a jacking point in the center right after the front bumper... theres a lil X where u can jack it up..

LT2004ever 06-25-2007 12:57 PM

^^ hehe i have an arrow

dswami1 06-25-2007 02:02 PM

does anyone know where the jacking point is in the rear? I know the tow hook is a point, but my jack doesn't really go that high...anywhere else?

burke420 06-25-2007 02:24 PM

along the pinch welds on the side of the car, sturdy! or rear tie bar, maybe. but pinch welds are the best bet

DsevenEm2 06-25-2007 03:25 PM

i always put my jack stands on the sides of my car... right under the point where ur door meets the front fender, follow that line to the bottom of the car and u can see the frame where it i duno looks disconnected or sumthing. if i had a pic id show u it sounds hard to explain. its just a thin peice of metal or w.e it is but it looks different then the rest of it that goes along the side of the car.... that sounds so bad i suck. ill try and get a pic.

speedricerx 06-25-2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by LT2004ever (Post 4207323)
^^ hehe i have an arrow

haha oops i have an arrow too

Boilermaker1 06-25-2007 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by dswami1 (Post 4207358)
does anyone know where the jacking point is in the rear? I know the tow hook is a point, but my jack doesn't really go that high...anywhere else?

under the boxed in subframe for the suspension

dswami1 06-26-2007 04:16 AM

cool thanks, im guessing thats where the rear trailing arms are bolted, rite?

EJOman 06-26-2007 05:13 AM

Lol I had the same question. my ex's dad jacked my car up once in the front and back, but on my coil install I couldnt find that point so instead of jacking the car twice I did it four times like a dummy!

bobsagator 06-26-2007 08:33 AM

Like Boiler said, look at the 2nd pic for a rear jack point.

EJOman 06-26-2007 04:20 PM

ah yes, hahaha

ancientpimp 06-27-2007 01:06 AM

ah well, just changed my oil and i've jacked it up on the thinner frame about
6" to the rear of the jacking point and it did bend a little so i'm thinking of trying all the suggestions here. Thanks as well to the link on where to jack up the rear (saves me from asking since i'm planning on changing my rear brake shoes soon) BTW Thanks for everyone that replied! Much appreciated:)

man, this DIY stuff got me hooked, lol:D