Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance)
-   -   Oil & filter change @ the dealer - what to expect? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/140-fuel-oil-cleaners-other-maintenance/249271-oil-filter-change-dealer-what-expect.html)

nyyanks81 02-25-2006 05:53 PM

Oil & filter change @ the dealer - what to expect?

Im just about ready to bring my Civic in to the Honda dealer for it's 1st oil & filter change. Anyone know if any other inspections are included as part of the oil & filter change service? such as fluid checks, belts, tire pressure etc?

Ive seen gas stations offer an oil change and they include some other checks, just wondering if this is the same at the dealer?

Slow Gold 02-25-2006 05:56 PM

As far as im concerned the dealer can rott and burn in hell. I'll never go there again all the mechanics in there are dumber than a box of rocks. Prices are through the roof and i get anything done faster and more effiecient that those white trash hick's

LowSky 02-25-2006 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
As far as im concerned the dealer can rott and burn in hell. I'll never go there again all the mechanics in there are dumber than a box of rocks. Prices are through the roof and i get anything done faster and more effiecient that those white trash hick's

:giggle:

bullet02ex 02-25-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Slow Gold

^^ Agreed, except I do have one nice person at Honda who has agreed to keep my warranty even with mods:rockon:

Slow Gold 02-25-2006 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by bullet02ex
^^ Agreed, except I do have one nice person at Honda who has agreed to keep my warranty even with mods:rockon:

Lucky i wish i had an insider

Hank_Si 02-25-2006 06:52 PM

I would do the oil change myself, there not that hard and then u know that your not getting ripped off. Dealers charge too much and lots of time quality of work is not there for llittle stuff like this. I bought my first car when i was 15, im now 22, no one ever changed my oil except for me. The rest of the stuff isnt that hard to check either.

CraigW 02-25-2006 10:43 PM

At the dealer here they provide OEM filter and crush washer, half ass car wash. I provide Oil. $16.03 + tax.

Jrfish007 02-27-2006 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by CraigW
At the dealer here they provide OEM filter and crush washer, half ass car wash. I provide Oil. $16.03 + tax.

Same here, they also fill all the fluids (which is just generally windshield wiper fluid), wash the car and all that, but it's like $15.00 after tax.

S2000man01 03-02-2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by bullet02ex

uh yeah, they have to do that because its the law. :giggle: magnusson moss warranty act my friend.

CuRiOuSfIsH 03-02-2006 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by CraigW

thats a pretty good deal! atleast I feel that way especially with the mechs aruond here....