Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine DIY (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/115-engine-diy)
-   -   Headgasket replacement parts list (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/115-engine-diy/374335-headgasket-replacement-parts-list.html)

xRiCeBoYx 08-29-2018 02:56 AM

Re: Headgasket replacement parts list

for sure man. Good luck with your HG job. Hopefully you don't run into what happened to me back in October

BanoOmg 09-04-2018 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4750423)
for sure man. Good luck with your HG job. Hopefully you don't run into what happened to me back in October

I found the thread. RIP Azumi...

I hope it doesn't happen to me either! I can't afford another car, if I can barely afford parts for this one!

Parts come sometime tomorrow. Head is coming off tomorrow too, and hopefully the machine shops in my town don't suck!

SpeedReeeser516 02-04-2019 09:30 AM

So the parts list here and a tensioner bolt should be the only things needed to do this job properly. I've been reading a lot on head gasket replacement the last few days and I know I read somewhere that the bolts/studs should be replaced, but this thread says they don't need to be.

I'll be taking the car to a shop to have this done I just want to make sure they replace and do everything that needs to be done. I'd rather spend a few more dollars on parts/labor now than have to have the job done again in a year or so. The timing belt was replaced less than 30k miles so I'm not sure if I should spend the extra money to have that done too or just leave it, car has 190k on it. What sucks is the place I bought it from replaced the head gasket and timing belt before I bought it, my guess is they didn't do a good job on the head gasket and that's why I need a new one already.

Any suggestions I should make to the the shop that hopefully won't piss of the mechanics?

Colin42 02-04-2019 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedReeeser516 (Post 4758127)
So the parts list here and a tensioner bolt should be the only things needed to do this job properly. I've been reading a lot on head gasket replacement the last few days and I know I read somewhere that the bolts/studs should be replaced, but this thread says they don't need to be.

I'll be taking the car to a shop to have this done I just want to make sure they replace and do everything that needs to be done. I'd rather spend a few more dollars on parts/labor now than have to have the job done again in a year or so. The timing belt was replaced less than 30k miles so I'm not sure if I should spend the extra money to have that done too or just leave it, car has 190k on it. What sucks is the place I bought it from replaced the head gasket and timing belt before I bought it, my guess is they didn't do a good job on the head gasket and that's why I need a new one already.

Any suggestions I should make to the the shop that hopefully won't piss of the mechanics?

if you're not taking it to Honda make sure they're using Honda parts