Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
Positive
Great guy, great description, great product, great communication... dudes great!
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer TRIZ (14)
02-20-2007
TRIZ
02-20-2007, 09:03 PM
ay, I finally got around to doing this.

Man when I did my full exhaust this weekend... I ran into two problems, one of which u heard about... The header nut wouldnt come off the stud, I broke two or three sockets (craftsman). I soaked it in that penetrating stuff for a few hrs, and then hit the wrench with a hammer to simulate an impact wrench- it came off finally. My other problem was that yeah, my sway bar had to come off. Which was actually a good thing because my car handles better now with out that 25mm bar up front!! rediculous I think, saved weight too. Well, I guess I had three problems. I was down under the car trying to thread the bolts through the downpipe and into the header, and the bolt on the drivers side just wouldnt go in... took off the header, and looked at the bolts I had, cleaned them, wd40'd em, and lubed the bolts, tested on, went in fine, then tested the other side, and it was hella tight. Turns out that when I threaded it in and torqued it down, it was actually squishing the threads on the bolt! So basically its like, you get one chance per bolt. I used one of the other three I had and got it in and tied down.

Down the line once everything was in... Man, i sware if i just did the catback, i could of had it done in 20-25 minutes. But once everything was in and sensors were reqired and got them in their nicely with modifying two brackets... i started it up, and exhaust was leaking, or there was smoke at the header/downpipe location... gay. I guess it was the lube and penatration stuff burning off, or the coating on the seal that fits on the bottom of the header melting and sealing up. At least thats my guess. I checked the sensor extentions and where I wired them, they seem to be doing good and havent fryed yet.

Anyways. all in all its good. I got some pics that my friend took who came over during the process (I ended up leaving my camera at my other place.) THe dif btween the LX and the EX header is rediculous. There is def some free'd up power with the EX header. The exhaust itself is dope. twin cannisters hanging right before the tip... full 2.25 inch piping from the cat back. yayyy baby.

anyways, hit me back with the i-trader!

Great doing business with ya buddy, and thanks for all your help!!

Oh, do you happen to know how to replace the two studs that the top of the header connect to on the head of the engine? Just curious kuz I had ordered thoes parts, but decided I didnt want them when I picked up my order because I didnt know how to change them, ha- plus mine are in fine condition.