Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Tyc chrome projectors not coming out this summer

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
showoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Tyc chrome projectors not coming out this summer

I just got off the phone with "Lance" from Genera/tyc and he said :
" the 2001-2002 chrome elegante projector lights are not released as posted on the webpage and no further information concerning this upcoming product is available, please check back in a couple of months on any updates"

Can you believe this nonsense? The black ones have been out for over a year and they still don't have the chomes out. My guess is that the chrome on the bottom of the projector can cause some glare and they've decided to pull its design for more R&D. I don't know, but im getting very impatient with this and I really can't wait anymore.
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

7thgencivicdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
if they aren't out then how come people claim they have them?
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Because they are full of it go to www.genera.com and call them yourself. I won't believe anyone has them till I see pix and so far the only pic i see is flex's car which resemble the chrome tyc's, but are more similar to angel eyes if you look closer they are almost alike.
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

s#ITS GETTING MORE AND MORE CONFUSING. JUST RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM AN EBAY SELLER:

Hi,
They are coming in next week, we are placing an order.
So in 10 days we will have them.
Thank you
Greg
----- Original Message -----
To: chromebest@earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 5:56 PM
Subject: Just Received Your Reply About the CHROME TYC PROJECTORS. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS QUESTION

I want you to be straight with me. Are you seriously getting the 2001 Honda Civic Chrome TYC Projectors in 10 days. I am asking this because I was about to buy some angel ring projectors because I heard the Chrome TYC's were not comming out any time soon. Here is my proof which was posted on 2k1civic.com:

I just got off the phone with "Lance" from Genera/tyc and he said :
" the 2001-2002 chrome elegante projector lights are not released as posted on the webpage and no further information concerning this upcoming product is available, please check back in a couple of months on any updates"

Can you believe this nonsense? The black ones have been out for over a year and they still don't have the chomes out. My guess is that the chrome on the bottom of the projector can cause some glare and they've decided to pull its design for more R&D. I don't know, but im getting very impatient with this and I really can't wait anymore.

I spoke to an eastcoast Genera/tyc representative and they said its not out yet. Trust me i've already gone through one cancelled order for these (odered chrome tyc's from Autodynamic.com) don't trust any company that says they have something out until you verify with the company that manufactures them and make sure its the right part number 20-5921-00. The only excuse autodynamic gave me is that the part was in back order and may not be able to ship them for two months, that was in January when they first posted it as available and for sale on their site. Its a good thing i called Genera back then otherwise i would have been waiting for nothing. Don't believe everything they say online or in shops do your research before you buy

I JUST WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT WAIT FOR A PRODUCT THAT IS NOT COMMING OUT.
PLEASE BE HELPFULL AND PROVIDE AQUICK AND INFORMATIVE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.

A FUTURE CUSTOMER

i HOPE THIS IS TRUE, BUT LIKE YOU SAID I WONT BELIEVE IT UNTIL I SEE IT.
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

7thgencivicdriver ebay has been selling the chrome tyc projector for months now, but its not even out on the market yet. Call genera/tyc and ask them for yourself if you don't believe me just go to www.genera.com and ask any rep about the chrome projectors. Noone wants these projectors more than I do, i even tried to reserve a presale set a few months ago, but genera told me to just wait for it. I told "Lance" from East Coast Genera and Distributor that I've been keepin in touch with Geoffrey from Genera/tyc and he said they would be out early June. Its July and now they're telling me they don't know when it would be out at all. Im not worried about the lamps or the company putting out bad products at least you know they are testing the products and not just rush jobbing its R&D for guys like us. I know it seems likke a simple task just paint them chrome, but do you realize that chrome is a reflective surface? I knew from day one that they'd have to modify the design a little bit just to make sure it gets that SAE/DOT stamp on its A$$. Just wait you'll be the second one to know when they are out after me of course. LOL[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-05-2002
The Greatest

Fern is an unknown quantity at this point
I think whats happening with all the confusion is actually something simple. Ebay is the land of knock-offs. Theres tons of parts that are exactly like a brand name part so they just call it that(sounds confusing doesnt it?). For example, you could type something like "neuspeed strut bar" and some things might come up, but you gotta look really close to make sure that the strut bar is really what it says it is- a neuspeed strut bar. I think that people are starting to just generalize the TYC projectors and are calling any projector a TC projctor. Its like the altezza grill. Ive seen so many grills named Altezza style that look NOTHING like an altezza grill whatsoever. Then theres just those people that are gonna lie and say they have the TYC projectors. Ebay is a haven for false information and sales. Im sure everyone has a story of gettin somethin from there expecting something good and getting something thats not.
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

As long as they come with an official TYC SAE/DOT pocket card, lets not forget about that for I beleive that should be hard to replicate and illegal at that, people cant say that hey are selling official TYC products. If I find anything out first I will let you guys know. But saying that ebay is full of knock-offs is true, but TYC, with all they have to offer is pretty hard to knock off