General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Having doubts about modding my civic :[

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lapchern is an unknown quantity at this point
Having doubts about modding my civic :[

i just got a job and initially i wanted to work to save up money(over a grand) to mod my civic...basically i wanted to do simple stuff: drop my car, 17' rims, exhaust, tint, lips(maybe), camber kit, hyperwhites,lil stuff etc...but considering that a G or two is a lot of money(to me at least)....i figured that it'd be smarter to just save the money and do something else with it...perhaps save it? I was planning to keep my civic for another 4-5 years(doesnt sound too long) till im well out of college and into the real world....what made u guys so convinced to mod ur civic without thinking about the financial situation and consequences(ie resale)? Question excludes rich folk! u know who u are [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] What you guys think i should do with the extra money i make...save it?????! yep just bored so decided to throw this question out

no matter what tho i think ima tint my car [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that once you do one thing to your car, you'll be hooked and you'll find it hard to resist not to mod!!! Have fun man! BTW, what does "save" mean???[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Liquidsnake is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I have to agree with u once to mod your car is so addicting just like drugs
Im so into it now, Cant wait till I get 17" rims in spring or summer.
Thats good to save money for the future u never know it might be useful later on since ur still in college.
goodluck man!
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well its up to you man. But if you ask me if Im in your situation, the first thing I will do with my car is Buy a new set of Rims and lowered it and that's it. That way your car would look little aggressive ang clean. No more tint no more lips. Just new set of Rims and a drop
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the way I figure, I'll have a way better job when I get out of college so there is no need to save the peanuts I make now. I throw all my extra money into my car and the bar. Plenty of time to save later.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

lapchern is an unknown quantity at this point
drk01civic...that was enlightening [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-26-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I'm pretty much with Drk01Civic. I have college loans that I'll need to pay off after I graduate, but I'm assuming that I'll make a ton of money later to pay everything off.
Old 01-26-2002
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
I figure if you're going to have it for 5 years, just pimp it for 5 years. Just do simple bolt ons like rims, intake, exhaust, and hyper whites. Just keep all ur stock parts. Rims u can carry on to another car. Hyper whites can stay. And you can get bout half you paid for intake and exhaust, so thats a small loss for 4 years of enjoyment. I third that thing about getting addicted. My friends were like get this this and this, and I was like no, Im just gettin a system. Now I have so many new mods that my friends dont know about em til I show them.
Old 01-26-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, enjoy your car while you're young. Saving is good...to a point. Remember, you don't want to be like 50 and driving a 'youthful' car to pretend you are still young.

Edit: oh, and if you are planning to do all that stuff, a grand isn't going to get you very far. I've learned that this sh*t is expensive.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

nycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
You could make the argument that saving your cash would get you a already suped up CIVIC without all the work in the form of an Acura RSX. If doing the mods is not something you do for the fun of go out and get an Acura RSX, you won't have to touch that bad boy. At the same time, there's something to say about making your car YOUR OWN through modification. Distungushing yourself from the rest.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
i think of it like my bedroom.. just decorate it whatever to whatever u like, but im not gonna spend a grand.. or even half a grand... i got the clear corners, 6 hyper whites in the front, free oem spoiler/mud guard/fog lights (cause it was the last silver and they couldnt take em out), mp3 player in dash, security system, shoulder pads, cell phone holder, sunglass holder, air freshener... whatever.. ok maybe i spent half a grand because of the kenwood mp3 player.. but yea thats it... like someone said earlier, can be brought to another car... one question is tho how much does it cost to add rims and drop it usually (gimme figures separately thx) anyways as u can see most of my car is cosmetic and not really performance related... i want sidemarkers hehe
Old 01-26-2002
guy
Registered!!

guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't mod the civic, I'm sure you can find better things to do with your time and money. You'll end up losing all the money you invested anyway once you sell the car, and honestly, is it really worth all that money to have a car thats louder, bouncier? Not to mention you'll void your warranty... Think twice about it. I would rather take my money and go on vacation or something than spend it on making my car low enough to touch the ground?
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Toad is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno... the way I think of it is... why spend money on a vacation when you can just drive to the beach in your moded out car and sleep in it at night.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
modding a civic is fun and addictive, it can get expensive though.. but theres always ways to be creative and find cool new things to do cheap.. like turtle did to his trunk
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
yea about that.. how did he do that to his trunk? does that still affect the way it opens normally.. it seems like its actually harder to put stuff in that way
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Cross is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha Grey I see your point. Finance now, pay later. Haha. Too bad they don't have any body kits for our cars that go with the deal buy now pay a year later. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

And I once thought that after I got rims and tint I would quit. 2 weeks later I have money sent around buying other mods. I've spent all I have and have about $7,000 in stuff for my car and I still don't have a body kit. Thank goodness it's in the mail well half of it. Other half I got to pick up.

Randy
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

2002DX is an unknown quantity at this point
I never realized how adictive it is to fix up a Civic. Ive had mine for about 3 weeks and already put 500.00 into it. Its all worth it when you roll up to school in the tightest car though.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lrguy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
itll start with small things then one day youll look back and go holy sh*t i did that much to my car?!