General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Raced a 01 LX on Monday...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mokushi is an unknown quantity at this point
Raced a 01 LX on Monday...

I raced an o1 LX coupe on Monday. I knew that kid that owns the car cuz he had been by my friends shop a few times. It was a taffeta white lx, oem kit w/ spoiler, and some 16" rims. The only performance mods I know he has are an AEM CAI and Tenzo R exhaust (not sure if he had the cat-back though). Anyways, I piped him when I was stopping at a light and made him look. So at the next light we just gave each other the nod. As soon as the light went green all I saw were his two headlights in my rear view. I got up to like 60-65 and then slowed down because the street we were on is notorious for having cops. I took him by at least 3 cars. I even messed up and didn't shift out of first in time, and had the rev limiter kick in for a moment. It just made me feel good because I had a trunk full of suitcases and my backseat with my two dogs with my wife riding shotgun. He had one other passenger.

It's just fun to race another car that is comparably equipped. The only real difference is that my car is an ex. But I think it was a fair race. Oh well, thanks for listening.
Old 01-23-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds to me like he didn't even try. maybe he chickened out? or maybe he had a trunk full of bricks? or maybe he can't drive? who knows.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

SWEETRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL, LOL[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] UncleB, you are funny!!! You know how often we all carry around a trunk full of bricks, I couldn't help laughing at that comment (just picture it, Its funny). It just sounds like he didn't know how to drive!!! I have an LX and my car has a lot of pep!
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bricks ??...the dude said suitcases I believe. Cool....I kick little LXs assess all day and all night.
Raced one with an intake, headers, and exhaust...and I kicked his azz like he slapped my momma, and all I have
is an intake and the headers on my EX....can't wait till I get my EVO.
Old 01-24-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
k3wl... I always ride alone and I have nothing in back and I always ride at least half empty. Nobody wants to race me.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

civicman10 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Bricks ??...the dude said suitcases I believe. >>

He was referring to the other guy...
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
i raced a 01 black civic today on highway...i was just got on the highway and then a girl pulled up right beside me, so i though she want to race then i went and for a while she follow me pretty close......then i switch to D3 then i was gone.....she counldn't catch me up....i dont know what type of civic it is, cause she never passed me...
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know...I was just kidding. LXs are just as fast as the EXs, well not completely, but once you start putting some mods on,
they eventually even out.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
SOMEONES SMOKING CHEAP GRASS!!! YOU THINK AN EX WITH A WOPPING 12HP MORE THAN AN LX IS GOING TO WIN A RACE TO 60MPH BY THREE CAR LENGTHS [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] WAS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME DRIVING/FIRST TIME RACING!!! IF YOU FACTOR IN THAT THE EX WEIGHS MORE THAN AN LX, (DON'T BRING IN THE V-TECH, IF YOU DID YOUR READING, YOU'D FIND THAT SOHC V-TECH IS A BIT OF A JOKE!) THERE'S NO WAY YOU COULD WIN BY THREE CAR LENGTHS TO THAT SPPED....EITHER HE MISSED A GEAR, DIDN'T TRY, OR JUST COULDN'T DRIVE WORTH SH*T.....PICK ONE, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.......