General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2005 Civic Ex or 2005 Sentra Spec V

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MikeyCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Civic Ex or 2005 Sentra Spec V

^^^^^^
Old 01-22-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
For

Acceleration (SE-R), Steering/handling (SE-R), Fuel economy
Against

Ride (SE-R Spec V), Rear-seat entry/exit, Cargo room, Noise

What the heck are you looking for?
Old 01-22-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
The SE-R is a good car, but the EX is a very good car. The Civic isn't as fast, or as strong, but it gets better gas-mileage and will last longer without any problems.

If you're going road racing or anything along those lines, you're better off with the SE-R. If you want a daily driver that'll last long, the Civic is excellent and will be cheaper in the end.
Old 01-22-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
hate the look of sentras..in and out but they are alright i guess
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
I do not like sentras at all..they don't look as good as civic
but the power/handling/torque wise..Sentra owns civic.
but I'd go with
05 civic cuz i luv honda and civic saves u lots of $$$ when it comes to gasssss
Old 01-22-2005
472rwhp @ 7400 RPMs and 12.93 psi
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

quick silver has disabled reputation
Like others have said, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are interested in overall reliability, maintenance, quality, etc. Honda's are hands-down superior to Nissan's.
Old 01-22-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
There are some burning oil problems with the 2.5 in the early models of the spec, and I don't know if they fixed that. The engine responds well to mods and it is a nice car. I have 3 friends that either have an Se-R or Spec. The shifter is worth ****. The overall torque is great and spread out throughout the powerband. You don't feel the umph of acceleration kick in like you do in a civic, but that is because the d17 has no torque. You will have to put at least 91 octane in the 2.5 and its gas milage is kinda sucky. Um anything else...It has mcpherson front struts, multi-link rear suspension....mods are more expensive...
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

jericho73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Spec-V has alot more under the hood then the Civic...but as a daily driver I think the Civic is the bettter/ better looking car. For reliability and resale value, Nissan isn't close to Honda really.

That said, if you want a car with some *****, Spec-V is nice. It keeps up with a stock RSX type-S till about 60 or so.
Old 01-22-2005
472rwhp @ 7400 RPMs and 12.93 psi

quick silver has disabled reputation
Take ya vic and do a K20A2 swap. What now Spec-V?
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
Make sure you get an older Spec-V cause the new ones are ugly
Old 01-22-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
haha, raced a spec-v once, i owned him 1,2, almost whole 3 gear but then he just walked away, we went from zero to about 115 he had me by 1 1/5 cars.
Old 01-22-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jericho73
Spec-V has alot more under the hood then the Civic...but as a daily driver I think the Civic is the bettter/ better looking car. For reliability and resale value, Nissan isn't close to Honda really.

That said, if you want a car with some *****, Spec-V is nice. It keeps up with a stock RSX type-S till about 60 or so.
you must be joking, i've seen rsx-s eat them alive, i think some one said that they loose alot of hp through the drivetrain, plus they have 25 hp less at the crank
Old 01-22-2005
Addicted To Boost

found it http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/ro...112scc_sentra/ 140whp stock, hehehe thats a 20% loss, rsx-s average around 12% so 200 times .88 = 176whp
Old 01-22-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
off the line the spec will take the RSX, that is if it can get traction. Hands down the RSX will win, but the Sentra is cheaper and handles better. Se-Rs are cheaper than Specs because of no LSD and 10 less Hp. If you really want an LSD get the Spec, if not save your cash and get a Se-R.

BTW the 2.5's don't grip well because they have too much torque and when you start to modify them they get a little tail happy.
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
se-r spec v = ****in ugly
Old 01-22-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
the only spec v year i like was the 03. my friend has a black 03 and its pretty bad ***. but i still think my car looks better.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

jericho73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 02boostlessCIV
you must be joking, i've seen rsx-s eat them alive, i think some one said that they loose alot of hp through the drivetrain, plus they have 25 hp less at the crank
No replacement for displacement my friend, and they have a lsd...Spec-V will take the S off the line everytime, and the S won't pass till the end of 2nd/ 3rd...then it woops it. I have first hand experience w/ this as 2 of my friends have Specs...happens the same everytime. Now, from a roll the S kills it.
Old 01-23-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nickm748
se-r spec v = ****in ugly
well putt
Old 01-23-2005
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
sentras are nice, torque spec is too high though. it'll break soon. ex will run forever guarantee you that.
Old 01-23-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
sentra se-r spec-V isnt that bad. i would personally have choosen that car over my ex since im more into performance like cars.

performance wise = se-r
daily driving = civic ex
Old 01-23-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
The damn sentra is a nice car all around, and is a good daily driver. I'd venture to say it's just as good a daily driver, perhaps even better than a civic. Why? It's got more power to get on to the freeway, and still gets decent gas mileage. The car doesn't handle all that great, but with some work it can. I don't think the civic is any better out of the box in the handling department anyways...and if I remember correctly you can get it with NISMO parts installed from the dealer.

Sorry guys, but I think the Spec-V is a better all around car. Although the civic looks nicer and has a better interior.
Old 01-23-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jericho73
No replacement for displacement my friend
Plenty of replacements for displacement. Turbo, superchargers, Nitrous, rotaries...
Old 01-23-2005
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
i worked in carmax nissan dealer. car is nice but too high in torque. breaks easily, specially 2005 models.
Old 01-23-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Why don't you read this article, it's what helped me decide on a car a couple years ago.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...scc_under20gs/

Here's what I chose. Just pick whatever suits your tastes...as much as I hate to say it, you should also look into the Focus SVT. A good car also...

And I"m sure someone will suggest the damn neon...

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...scc_20gsmazda/
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6816862/
In case safety is a factor, the Nissan Sentra is one of the ten worst cars on the market according to Forbes.

From the link's slideshow:

"Nissan's Sentra sedan has a two-star rating from its frontal side-impact crash test.

The side crash test simulates a typical collision by crashing a 3,015-pound barrier at 38.5 mph into a standing vehicle. In such an accident, front-seat Sentra passengers would have a 21% to 25% chance of injury that requires immediate hospitalization and may be life-threatening."
Old 01-23-2005
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6816862/
In case safety is a factor, the Nissan Sentra is one of the ten worst cars on the market according to Forbes.

From the link's slideshow:

"Nissan's Sentra sedan has a two-star rating from its frontal side-impact crash test.

The side crash test simulates a typical collision by crashing a 3,015-pound barrier at 38.5 mph into a standing vehicle. In such an accident, front-seat Sentra passengers would have a 21% to 25% chance of injury that requires immediate hospitalization and may be life-threatening."
^beat me to it. I saw that yesterday. The Lancer also got a low score on the frontal side-impact test.
Old 01-23-2005
Got the broccoli in my back pocket

2k3kansasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
those where my choices in 2003 when i bought the vic. I chose the vic cause imo it looks better and honda has better long term. plus my insurance would have been nuts on a 6 speed. but since i am almost 25 K20 hum?????
Old 01-23-2005