General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Thinkin of getting a s2k...need ur opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Thinkin of getting a s2k...need ur opinions please

Hey guys... i've been thinkin of getting a car right now.. and was debating to either get an rsx? or a used s2000?... I'm only 18 right now going on 19 soon.. and was thinking of purchasing it maybe late spring.. or early summer... right now i have about 1k saved up.. and increasing.. I never really thought about getting a s2000.. knowing that it will be way the hell out of a price range...untill i've recently done a lil research and can find some models going for around the 20-23k price range and with some decent mileage around 50miles in my area...

the thing is.. I live in the northeast and its known to snow quite a bit in the winter... but i have a beater ready for that (not my civic) and works pretty well... plus i can give the civic to my mother to use..(even though she bought a new pathfinder recently and only use it for far trips when she could use it for the winter instead ).. so the civic won't be gone..Since Insurance is still on my parents; it will hopefully be more cheaper.. which will be easier for me to pay it off...and i'm not sure how payments will work out on a 20k-23k car...

one of my dream cars is a s2k.. but the rsx comes a close second.. and I've found a 2000 s2k a couple miles away with only 14,000 mileage that comes with red/black interior and factory lip kit for only 20,995..and was probably babied in the garage.. knowing the year and mileage.. i could try to get around 22-23k maybe?... but then again.. i don't want ppl to think i'm an *** to be drivin around a s2k when i'm only 18-19... so yea..

This is only an idea...not sure yet if i'm gonna go ahead and buy

what do u guys/ladies think?

Last edited by ThaitaniumGK; 01-13-2005 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ThaitaniumGK
right now i have about 1000gs saved up.. and increasing..
1000g's holy jesus why are you thinking of a s2000 buy yourself a mclaren. lol just kiddin. I think s2000 is nice and of course it would be nice to have one, but remember it's a two seater, where are you gonna put the baby seat?? hehe, well rsx-s is the better of the two i think, at least in your case. Think about it, with great power comes great responsibility!!!!
Old 01-12-2005
..w0rrrrrrd..

ThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the roughThaitaniumGK is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 02boostlessCIV
1000g's holy jesus why are you thinking of a s2000 buy yourself a mclaren. lol just kiddin. I think s2000 is nice and of course it would be nice to have one, but remember it's a two seater, where are you gonna put the baby seat?? hehe, well rsx-s is the better of the two i think, at least in your case. Think about it, with great power comes great responsibility!!!!
lol...baby seat? i'm only 18.. so i have no baby in the future.. and i'm single and bored.. unless i get some grl preg (knock on wood).. but yeaaa the power thing.. i drive like a grandma.. and i don't race.. so i guess it will just be for show (rims and drop).. and crusing around in ... and if i wanna drive my friends somewhere.. i got the hooptie for that..ahaha
Old 01-12-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ThaitaniumGK
lol...baby seat? i'm only 18.. so i have no baby in the future.. and i'm single and bored.. unless i get some grl preg (knock on wood).. but yeaaa the power thing.. i drive like a grandma.. and i don't race.. so i guess it will just be for show (rims and drop).. and crusing around in ... and if i wanna drive my friends somewhere.. i got the hooptie for that..ahaha
i bet you that you will want to redline it, at least once. On and about being 18, i'm 19 and **** happenes, my ex is pregnant, thank god not with me.
Old 01-12-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i would go for it if you really want the car. but if your gonna suffer with payments and other bs that robs your money, make sure you got a plan B under your sleeve and do some hard thinking.

think about what you do most of your time, do you race, cruise, kick back, etc and what car would mae your driving communte more enjoyable.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

mmm2donuts is an unknown quantity at this point
the last thing we need is another 19 year old wrapped around a pole making the headline of the local newspaper. I used to work for a Honda dealer and i got a chance to take the s2000 out for a drive......and its fast as hell. I'm only 21 and i still dont think i have the maturity to own a fast car like that, let alone afford it. If you are responsible and mature enough to own a car like that, then by all means buy it. Just dont come crying back to us when you are eating ramen noodles 3x a day cuz you cant afford the car payments/insurance/premium gas, etc.
Old 01-12-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
drop the coinage on an EVO.....even if its used, you will be happy
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

BigGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a suggestion, with a lot of cash saved up, I would highly recommend looking into investing majority of the money. Take out loans for a ride man, you can't take out loans for investments. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-12-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
^ If you can afford to lose the money, that might be an option but if the money has to serve a purpose right now....get an EVO VIII
Old 01-12-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
i would get a s2000 in a heartbeat.
I however, wouldnt trade my civic for anything. its my first love! and its one hell of a GOOD daily driver.
Old 01-12-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
One thousand dollars! ... hell everyone should be buying s2000s now!

What about insurance and gas... not to mention the monthly payments? What if for one month you can't pay. Who will that affect? The responsibility will of course fall on your parents and they will have to take up the slack.
Old 01-12-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
If you can afford it then go for it. I doubt that you could, but if you SERIOUSLY want it, then go for it. Insurance is going to be your biggest thing... Anyway, if you can't, then get a RSX.
Old 01-12-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I say if you can swing the car note for the s2000
get it
If you want to drive it during the winter months
you can always buy a hard top.
Your young
get a nice car while you live at home with the parents
Plus it will help in the ladies department.
Old 01-12-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I'll bet you ment 1g saved up... 1000g's is like 1,000,000 and one g is 1000.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
My freind beat you to it, he got one when he was 17, right after he put his 350Z into a ditch. Witch him and his dad fixed and sold without telling anyone it was crashed, not cool, it was on the cover of Auto Hunter too!
Old 01-12-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Originally Posted by mmm2donuts
the last thing we need is another 19 year old wrapped around a pole making the headline of the local newspaper. I used to work for a Honda dealer and i got a chance to take the s2000 out for a drive......and its fast as hell. I'm only 21 and i still dont think i have the maturity to own a fast car like that, let alone afford it. If you are responsible and mature enough to own a car like that, then by all means buy it. Just dont come crying back to us when you are eating ramen noodles 3x a day cuz you cant afford the car payments/insurance/premium gas, etc.
what's wrong with ramen noodles?
Old 01-12-2005

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by i8dabomb
Nothing is wrong with them .
He is just saying that all the money will go toward the car
and a bag of ramen noodles are like 10 cents each.
Old 01-12-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
really? they cost 25 cents here and all my money is going to my civic...not that anything has been done to it yet lol
Old 01-12-2005

Originally Posted by DaddyFatSacks
My freind beat you to it, he got one when he was 17, right after he put his 350Z into a ditch. Witch him and his dad fixed and sold without telling anyone it was crashed, not cool, it was on the cover of Auto Hunter too!

sounds like mommy and daddy funding.

edit: looks like daddy fat stack deleted his post
Old 01-12-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by armieo
One thousand dollars! ... hell everyone should be buying s2000s now!

What about insurance and gas... not to mention the monthly payments? What if for one month you can't pay. Who will that affect? The responsibility will of course fall on your parents and they will have to take up the slack.
spoken from a wise man
Old 01-12-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend is 17, and he has a yellow 2004 S200, factory lip kit, carbon fiber dash, doors, everything inside. He has about 60,000 invested into his car right now. He has had it for a while, and has not gotten into any accidents. He and his friends are not mature at all. They are going to prison for jacking 40,000 in golf clubs from a country club, and selling em on E-Bay. They are smart, but not mature. So I would say you can handle it, just test drive first and let er rip, find out what you can do.
Old 01-12-2005
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
^^whats an S200? lol j/k
Old 01-12-2005
Addicted To Boost

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
My friend is 17, and he has a yellow 2004 S200, factory lip kit, carbon fiber dash, doors, everything inside. He has about 60,000 invested into his car right now. He has had it for a while, and has not gotten into any accidents. He and his friends are not mature at all. They are going to prison for jacking 40,000 in golf clubs from a country club, and selling em on E-Bay. They are smart, but not mature. So I would say you can handle it, just test drive first and let er rip, find out what you can do.
I wouldn't call jacking 40000 dollars of equimpment smart. Say hello to bubba. Just tell them not to bend down. They eat kids like them for breakfast.
Old 01-12-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
An RSX-S can't hold a candle to an S2000. You're talking 2 completely different driving experiences. The S2000 is a fantastic car, and tons of fun to drive. The RSX-S doesn't even compare.

I'm on my 2nd S2000 already. Don't get a MY2000 S2000 for the $20,000 they are looking for. You should be able to find at least a 2002 or 2003 in the $20,000-$23,000 price range.

As for everyone telling you about insurance, well, I have had both a 7th gen civic, and an S2000. the S2000 costs about $15 more a month to insure. S2000's do very well in the insurance bracket.

You will pay more for gas though, as it requires premium, and it's mileage is in the 24-29mpg area. I drive mine quite spiritedly and get around 25-26mpg.

If you can afford it, get the S2000. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
its a nice car but not an everyday car, in my opinion. I'd rather go for an sti with that kinda money.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
why would you think twice about getting an sk2?? it so much better than any other car!! + the fact that is convertible just be responsable (ur young like me and we tend to do crazy stuff) those things are really fast

Last edited by wrussi; 01-12-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
its a nice car but not an everyday car, in my opinion. I'd rather go for an sti with that kinda money.
it's the only car i have and drive it year round. i dont have kids to cart around, and all i need is a seat for my girl.

i can even fit our luggage in the trunk just fine for a trip, and fits all my groceries nicely.
Old 01-12-2005
I Wanna Die Like God on the Cover of Time!

incubus7d is an unknown quantity at this point
Just remember your going to be paying off that S2000 for a long time!!! Id wait and save a while and at least habe $8,000-$10,000 saved. Im stupid and sold my paid off 02 civic for a 03 then sold that etc etc etc and now im rocking a car that im paying for forever and i got nothing for a trade in then. Id wait man, hold out till your 21 or sumthing.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by i8dabomb
lol, i'm on that plan too

but I'm saving put to buy a go kart to race($4K+$6k for the season) and a miata($1250) this summer

the miata will turn into a spec miata($4k for part w/cage and $10K for 2006 season)

what are you planning to do with the car? daily drive or track time.

I would go with RSX for daily driving. Safer with FWD and cheaper with insurance. S2000 can be faster on the track if you know how to drive it correctly.
Old 01-12-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
things to think about ......

Insurance
Gas
2 seater
bigger car payment

Quick Reply: Thinkin of getting a s2k...need ur opinions please