Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

"illegal muffler" without even hearing me rev?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point
"illegal muffler" without even hearing me rev?

Alright so here's the story, every friday during the summer people would meet at this parking lot and just hang out, the people who owned the parking lot were cool with it, and were actually involved with the whole meet.

Anyways one night the cops decide to be douches and just block off each and every exit to the parking lot and personally go through each car and try to give out as much bs tickets as they can.

After about 4 hours of waiting to get my damn ticket, it was for tint(apparently in CT you're suppose to have a sticker on your car for tint even if its legal, fml) and muffler...

thing is though, the cop NEVER tested my sound level on my muffler. He was just like, next car pull up, and said that he's citing me for tint and an illegal muffler without even hearing me rev, just by seeing that I had a tip on... I simply just rolled over to him making little noise.

Also, I know for a fact that the whole exhaust IS legal though, since it's what came on my car when the dealership sold it to me, and they sent it through inspection before selling it..

Anyways yeah, after further looking into the ticket just now, it said I was cited for 14-806 for $225 for the muffler, which I don't even see in the infractions list.

Have court tomorrow for these dumb tickets, just wondering if simply telling them how it was never actually tested and that it came like that from the dealership would be sufficient evidence to get the exhaust one dropped?

guessing chances are cop won't even show up though because of the shitload of dumb tickets they gave out that night... buddy of mine got one for rolling 5 feet down the parking lot toward the cop without a seatbelt. but just wanna make sure, never actully went to court before for anything
Old 10-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: "illegal muffler" without even hearing me rev?

Take pics of the stock exhaust.
Old 10-27-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a sting lol

Anyways, i dont know your local laws, but here in california, after you've been cited for an modified exhaust, you can get it tested for a certification, and the judge will dismiss the case

I would definately fight it though, and hope the cop doesnt show
Old 10-28-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

in some states, aftermarket exhaust system is illegal, no matter how loud it is. tips are not part of any law, in fact even honda sells them. since they simply clip onto the outside of the exhuast pipe and do not affect noise or performance, they are legal (for looks only). like putting a sticker on your car.
Old 10-28-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
like putting a sticker on your car.
Hey, my NOS stickers add +50whp
Are they illegal?

Old 10-28-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Hey, my NOS stickers add +50whp
Are they illegal?

Really? How much HP do you think a CAI made of clothes dryer tubing is gonna get me?
Old 10-28-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lazlong
Really? How much HP do you think a CAI made of clothes dryer tubing is gonna get me?
Old 10-28-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by lazlong
Depends, if you have a good filter or not

But i say at least 75+wHP
Old 10-28-2010
Registered!!

Will this get me any extra HP?
Name:  woodentrunk.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  33.2 KB
Old 10-28-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Nope, its just weight reduction, but will help you go faster!
Old 10-29-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

those wooden boards are heavy!
Old 10-29-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'd be better off buying plexiglass sheets from home depot as opposed to using wood.. Like Gearbox said, those boards are heavy
Old 10-29-2010
Premium Member

then theres no way to hide dead bodies