Oh Shiznit!!! Help Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006
Drifting away in time and space...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lynk has a spectacular aura aboutLynk has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tekgnosis
Unfortunately, he should be looking for some money, and some lube.

Bend over. This is gonna hurt

Btw, what kinda car was it? 7th gen SiR? New Si? Shandon and I are arguing over what your car is :P
It's a 7th gen Si...
Old 04-12-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
its a freaking 7thgen you fool, look at his sig! lol
Old 04-13-2006
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
timing belt going before it's replaced on a Vtec engine = fukt D17a2
Old 04-13-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SuperFishy
its a freaking 8thgen you fool, look at his sig! lol

I told you it was a 7th gen!!!
Old 04-13-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
haha my bad, what was I thinking
Old 04-13-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
hahaha... they started taking the head apart yesterday, and they were supposed to phone me with updates, but they didn't... i need to pull the biggest horseshoe out my **** it's not even funny... haha... *sigh*...
Old 04-13-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by burnhard88
hahaha... they started taking the head apart yesterday, and they were supposed to phone me with updates, but they didn't... i need to pull the biggest horseshoe out my **** it's not even funny... haha... *sigh*...
Forget the horseshoe...I think you need to pull out a D17.. Just fvckin with ya..lol
Old 04-19-2006
I Love Lamp

LMAO... ... and the verdict is................................................ ..............................

bent valves... haha... they sent pics of it to honda canada and they're waiting on a decision if it's under warranty or not... my mom's flippin... they were insuing it was something that little old me did... ... so i guess my mom's got friggin everyone on honda's asses to make sure it's under warranty haha... phew
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just play dumb. if they ask if you revved past redline, say oh isn't there supposed to be a rev limitor? (there is, it just doesn't work if you misshift, dont tell them that tho).
Old 04-19-2006
I Love Lamp

yeah... haha... so if they ask if i revved past redline, say that i can't, cuz there's a rev limiter??? haha, yeah, i'm playing super dumb, hell i don't even know what the significance of valves are... LMAO... i know it's in the engine somewhere... haha
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Have Momma go in flippin out...
Old 04-19-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
have ME go in flippin out.

i could use someone to vent on...
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

SerialD is an unknown quantity at this point
that would be funny to watch
Old 04-19-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

E®ik will become famous soon enoughE®ik will become famous soon enough
bent valves, all for a couple seconds of hitting over 8K. Charles, did you think you were driving the trueno?
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

hahaha,

man id love to see those pics.

heres a question for my knowledge, if your valves are bent that bad would they not be able to ask "If the problem was pre-existing this should have been a problem sooner"?
Old 04-19-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
damn.. still got that horeshoe up your *** Charles, looks like you're gonna need it.. lol
Old 04-19-2006
I Love Lamp

haha.. well... an updated verdict is that honda believes the car was over revved and the piston blew through the valve which made it bend... but if it blew through the valve, wouldn't there be more damage than just bendage??? and i guess my mom looks like she's interested in legal action... haha... wow, this thing is heating up like wildfire
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess now the thing is ... is legal action gonna be more than just buying a new engine ? Lawyers eat up $$$ fast ... $5g's goes easy.
Old 04-20-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by burnhard88
haha.. well... an updated verdict is that honda believes the car was over revved and the piston blew through the valve which made it bend... but if it blew through the valve, wouldn't there be more damage than just bendage??? and i guess my mom looks like she's interested in legal action... haha... wow, this thing is heating up like wildfire
K buddy I think it's time to own up to what happened. These people know what happened, there not dumb. Don't let your mom take this to far. She is going to feel foolish and embarassed when it goes to court and then finds out what really happened. Tell her the truth and let her decide if she still wants to fight it. As far as the damage goes I would think that there is more than just bent valves. Good luck and I hope everything works out for ya.
Old 04-20-2006
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
I say fight it cause if you win they will have to pay ur lawers fees and well like a vendor said there should be a rev limiter and I think a judje will rule in ur favor on that..
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

By not telling them exactly whats happened they could claim fraud, could they not?

I agree with Caren (hope I spelled it right), you'd save your mother a whole lot of grief by telling her the truth, and yes, if she wants to continue to fight, then good.

Last edited by SerialD; 04-20-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-20-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
They know what happened, Honda canada knows what happened. They know that this just didn't happen and if they want or have to they can prove there point. I say be honest.....you pay for the work or you take them to court and you lose. Then you have to pay you lawyer fees, hondas lawyers fees, and in the end you still have to pay for the car.

K so I am a little confused. Just cause a car has a rev limitor does not mean it can't rev passed it. The rev limitor does not kick in when a misshift happenes. Please someone explain to me why this will hold up in court. All they have to do is look at the ECU and they can figure it out. It's not like he was driving along and the car went wild and reved to 8000. It would of had to of been reved by force (burnhard) which would show a misshift. Just confused why claiming that he thought there was a rev limiter would do anything. would that just tell them that he knew he reved the **** out of it? Is there not anything else he can say happened?
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Well you can argue that the rev limitor (which really exists) is faulty. I'm really curious why they couldn't make a rev limitor that works when you misshift, because in my time here I've seen this problem posted over 10 times. its a simple rpm signal detection, and computer controled at that. Again tho he is fighting a losing battle, especially if he didn't clear the ecu codes before bringing it in, because that just told them what happened already. so sorry to say, you dont have a chance. And you better start being honest to your mom and explain what happened or youre gonna have more than one problem. Go find a good shop, buy a new vtec motor for $400 from ebay or the junkyard, and have them drop it in. it makes no sense to repair the engine you have now. will end up costing a ton more.
Old 04-20-2006
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
I agree with everyone else. Going to court is a big hassle for everyone involved. D17 motors arent that expensive, and you could probably get it dropped in for a resonable price. They pretty much predicted exactly what happend, so they know. Dont fight it. Its not worth the legal fees or the time, or the pain of lying under oath. Just tell the truth.
Old 04-20-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Exactly, you can't argue the fact that you didn't over rev your car. Vavle just don't bend like that on their own...
Face up to it cause you might get royally screwed in the end.
Old 04-20-2006

skiboard is on a distinguished road
Engine
Honda Civic 1.7L,SOHC,04-03, TEST RUNS GOOD
27,945mi
45,000km
A 5OC035
$442.48CDN
$500.00 USD
Shaw Auto Recyclers (No U.S. Shipping) Can-ON(London) E-mail 1-888-826-8666

Engine
Honda Civic 1.7L;5MT;N-327 200-ACROSS [300-80117] (STORE:1)
15,523mi
24,997km
RB1069
$369.91USD
$418.00CDN
Logels Auto Parts Can-ON(Kitchener) Request_Quote 1-800-818-9118 Request_Insurance_Quote

and I donno how Abe sells this so cheap but..

Engine
Honda Civic FWD,EFI,1.7L,TESTED GOOD F30449
$176.99USD
$200.00CDN
Abe's Auto Recycling Can-ON(Bowmanville) E-mail 1-888-355-5666

plus hundreds more in car-part.com

Last edited by skiboard; 04-20-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2006
Ask me about your mom.

Doesn't he have an SiR?
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tekgnosis
Doesn't he have an SiR?
He has a si
Old 04-20-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
nope, I think it's just a regular SI

and I agree, you're gonna get royally fvcked in the *** if you go to court with that. Just get a new engine, you'll save yourself and your parents a lot of hassle. Doesn't your mom know exactly what happened? And she'd still go fight it in court? Or did you not tell her?
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah ... so ok you can either

a) but a new motor for $500 CDN

OR

b) go to a lawyer, a decently good lawyer and they charge $500 per hour (or at least $300-$400 per hour)

So the end result to me is pretty simple, your case is not going to be 1 hour of work for a lawyer. Simple divorces cost upwards to $5000 to complete everything and thats without hassling back and forth.

So really man, your mom might be pissed but you'll save a tonne of time, having your civic sitting there for years without being fixed (as the court system takes forever) ... and then most likely losing in the end - meaning getting ****ed with still having to buy a new engine and now paying your legal fee's on top of that.

I know a girl here at school who is suing Ford, because she was driving a rental Explorer ... she says something in the steering snapped and the truck crashed into the median, on a highway in the US. Her boyfriend at the time died and another guy too, two of her other friends were seriously injured. She busted up her arm huge and leg - doctor didn't even think she was going to survive.

Anyways this happened when she was in 2nd year university and she is still battling them.

Quick Reply: Oh Shiznit!!! Help Me!!!