Archive - Wanted Parts (WTB's) Let everyone know what parts you want to buy (WTB) and members will respond to your request. Include details of the correct application (DX or EX, 7th or 8th generation)

Need 01 D17A1 ECU auto non vtec

Old 01-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peoyamaha2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need 01 D17A1 ECU auto non vtec

Anyone out there with this ecu ? I need to buy one, my motor is a 2001 D17A1 automatic transmission non Vtec... If anyone is interested in knowing why I need it it's cause I bought a used 2004 Civic (cheap bad motor ) & I already had a 2001 motor so I installed it and today the car runs legit anywhere everywhere but then check engine light on due to the motor being a D17A1 but the engine harness being a D17A2 so it's asking for the evap info & this motor has no evap so im thinking replace the ecu with the correct one so it won't ask for the evap info n check engine light will go away... Hopefully cause if not I'm screwed. Thanks all
Old 01-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need 01 D17A1 ECU auto non vtec

Won't work as planned. If you dropped in a D17A1 block and head, reused the original wiring, exhaust, EGR and all associated parts from the 04 EX D17A2 you will need a PCM that fits 2004 or 05 DX/LX with D17A1 engine and the same trans you have.

04-05 cars are wired different from 01-03, use different sensors (primary AF sensor vs. O2), and controls for power to that sensor are different.
IF you have an 04 car, you need an 04 control unit for non-vtec engine. Control unit will need to be programmed by the dealership or locksmith before the engine can run (immobilizer).
Old 01-13-2017
Registered!!

Well the car runs and drives perfect , drI've it around town and even outta town 200 mile run perfect. Burns fuel perfect it's just the check engine light ecu asking for the evap sys info trouble code P0404... I see what u mean , so how can I get this issue fixed so I can pass smogg inspection / emissions? Thanks for the reply
Old 01-13-2017
Registered!!

I must the 04 civic has the 01 motor & trans in it... working perfectly other than this issue, kept the 04 harness & ecu again runs perfect
Old 01-13-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

trouble code P0404
P0404 is related to EGR, not EVAP. Is the EGR valve missing now? I'll guess the 01 engine did not have an EGR valve, and you didn't swap all the necessary parts over to make it have one that works? That's all part of making an engine replacement work exactly like the original did.
so how can I get this issue fixed so I can pass smogg inspection / emissions?
I don't know what emissions test rules are in your area.

You don't have the correct engine for the car, to start with. What will the inspectors say about that?

I must the 04 civic has the 01 motor & trans in it... working perfectly other than this issue, kept the 04 harness & ecu again runs perfect
"Runs perfect" doesn't mean squat if you can't get all the electronics working as the makers intended and the emissions regs expect in order to pass their inspections.

If you had stripped your 01 engine down to the block/crank/pistons and installed that into the car, you probably would have a working car now.
Old 01-13-2017
Registered!!

Correct , i.ment egr **** I forget my bad... everything works perfect all electronics etc etc just no egr which the 04 did have an egr only diff...
Old 01-13-2017
Registered!!

I can get the reff give me another vin marrying the new motor & car vin to make it smogg (visual) legal but first off I need to be able to take the check engine light off... yes the 01 does not have an egr and the 04 did have an egr set up is the only difference but u didn't have the 01 ecu nor the harness
Old 01-14-2017

If everything worked, you wouldn't have a check engine light problem.

You're missing important parts.

You cannot use an 01 PCM in the 04 car unless you do a whole lot of rewiring, that would involve much much more than just the engine harness.

You could slap a D17A2 head with VTEC and EGR on your engine....
Old 01-14-2017

Still have the old engine? What happened to the old engine, did it run out of oil and throw a rod or what? Is the head any good? Are the oil passages loaded with metal from a bottom end failure?