Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
Turbo!

So i found a guy selling a cast iron manifold, downpipe and t28 turbo for 350 OBO. I think this is a damn good deal. Ill probably buy next week. BTW, the turbo is a GARRETT turbocharger. Any words of advice for me?
Old 10-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Turbo!

That's a pretty good deal, if the turbo's in good shape.

My only advice, don't lay out the cash on a turbo if you'll never get around to assembling the rest of a turbo kit. That might sound a bit harsh, but I don't intend it to be. I know so many people who buy one or two parts in the pursuit of a dream, but they just collect dust forever not doing them any good.
Old 10-02-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^100% correct

Before you buy that you should already have done ur research and know how much it's gonna all cost and where/how you're gonna tune it
Old 10-02-2011
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Make sure to check the turbo for shaft play
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber

My only advice, don't lay out the cash on a turbo if you'll never get around to assembling the rest of a turbo kit. That might sound a bit harsh, but I don't intend it to be. I know so many people who buy one or two parts in the pursuit of a dream, but they just collect dust forever not doing them any good.
Well, I have done my research, and I know to do it right, its not going to be a cheap process. I am piecing the kit together myself, so hopefully I will be able to learn a thing or two along the way. I have a mechanic friend who is also going to be guiding me through the process, so it shouldn't be too rough. But trust me, I know that its K-pro if I want a decent tune, our internals can only hold a small amount of boost, and a turbo'd ES2 would surprise the crap out of most people in Nebraska.
Old 10-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Good to hear.
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Good to hear.
I'm thinking I will probably start a build thread when my car gets back from the shop. (It started popping out of gear, and my clutch went out right after that...go figure?) Hopefully you guys can keep me in line if you see that I'm doing something wrong. The guy who's doing the job on my tranny knew I was going to turbo the vic, so he went ahead and put a 6 pad ceramic clutch kit in.
Old 10-02-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Definitely start a build thread, even if it's a slow one it's still fun to read.
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

Right now, im waiting to find a ride to omaha. Since my vic is still at the shop, its a little hard to find someone who is willing to drive you 2.5 hours for a car part...haha
Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

And just like that, my money is gone. With all the repairs on my transmission, the total comes out to right around $2300. Looks like im going to be a broke college kid for a long time to come...
Old 10-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by chozobody
And just like that, my money is gone. With all the repairs on my transmission, the total comes out to right around $2300. Looks like im going to be a broke college kid for a long time to come...
My transmission has been ****ed the last few days..

Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

you could have went onto car-parts.com and picked up a used tranny and still had money to play with.
Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

My transmission has been ****ed the last few days..

Mine was the clutch, and 5th gear. Its a shame I was out of warrant.....

Looks like ill have to find some way to make some extra cash on the side.
Old 10-11-2011
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chozobody
Mine was the clutch, and 5th gear. Its a shame I was out of warrant.....

Looks like ill have to find some way to make some extra cash on the side.
Street racing! Thats what hondas were built for. Aha slap a $1000 nitous system on there and your end times will be impressive.
Old 08-16-2019
Registered!!

You were right bud. I was a hard headed kid back then, and needed a couple years to grow up. Thanks for that still.