Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

D17 Turbo T25 Dyno Tune'd Today TSI Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point
D17 Turbo T25 Dyno Tune'd Today TSI Turbo Kit

Yeap, So as most of you know i'm in NC. I head over to HIS Motorsports in Hickory and got my car dyno tuned finally. Since the guy back home in MA wouldn't do it due to the knocking noise, this guy would. So I bite the bullet and get him to do it.

I got charged 300$ Which is not so bad. He was a pro with tuning EVO's not really honda's which kinda makes me shake my head, but we got it better then what it was i suppose.

The shop: Very new, the specialize in turbo applications. Mostly Evos and awd cars. Clean shop, dyno meter dyno very well set up.

I knew the car was acting up and slow as **** from the mtn run in atlanta, so I had to do something about this.

Before he started tuning he made a first pull, apprently i was only having 5psi of boost.

Check out the curve, it's like perfect.
End Result below:
Max Power: 150.79 /// Max Torque:153.22

Then the guy got to work tuning it. I wish the guy specialized in honda's though but eff it. since we figured the 5PSI issue, he tuned with that, and we got 166 with vtec tuned.

Then we moved the acuator correct to 8psi where it should have been. and did a few things diff.

and ended up with this:
Max Power: 170.83 Max Torque: 175.50

So I made alot more power, but I think because he turned the acuator, im pretty sure he didn't do alot of tuning, because after we had that run, he said that's pretty much where it's gonna be. He was out of ideas. and i said **** it and left. at least it didn't blow up on the dyno like I thought.

Car drives and pulls hard. I'm impressed with that. I wish i was somewhere near 190-200whp though..... He said if i got meth injection he would only charge for the dyno time and tune it for free.

View My Video
What do you guys think?

D17 with T25 Turbo

Last edited by Maple50175; 04-21-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D17 Turbo T25 Dyno Tune'd Today TSI Turbo Kit

What are you using for EMS?
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

^x2 and do you have arp head studs?
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I forgot to mention, ARP headstuds, and KPRO!

Planning on Meth, and turning up boost. but we shall see. **** pulls hard haha. I wish i had 300hp though haha
Old 04-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'm guessing you don't have any supporting mods for the turbo other than I/H/E?
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

that is about as much as your going to hit with out dropping a cam in there or turning the boost up but thats a pretty tiny snail as is not bad your graph looks on right on spot on were it should be

and you would get more out of a cam than you would out of meth injection at the boost levels you are running

and Intake/header... did you forget it was turbo
Old 04-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bomerman19
and Intake/header... did you forget it was turbo
lol that was smart of me eh

My mind is 1/2 asleep, 3/8 on school and 1/8 functional. Just taking a break while I cram for my exam tomorrow morning.
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

school yeah that **** will fry your brain out faster than anything especially if you are in exam week get some sleep
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

shwoogie420 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea man good numbers for the tiny guy....do like bomerman said and get a cam.... i put a cam in and it woke the car right up.. like seat of the pants difference....the meth helped too but for your boost level i would go with the cam first