Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

D17a2 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01_CiViC_CoUpE is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up D17a2 Dyno results

I finally got to dyno my current setup.
D17a2-stock internals- 187hp 197fpt
-ebay header
-cleaned out cat with 2.25 exhaust all the way back
-75 shot zex wet kit- only 700psi in the bottle should of been 950 but i got tired of waiting and had to run it
-VAFC II non-tuned

-my whole setup was 320$ and ran in a 87 degree shop so im pretty happy about those numbers
when it was stock its numbers were- 113hp 109fpt

now im going to get a Crower Cam, springs and retainers, performance head gasket, forged pistons and up the spray
there is deff hope for the SOHC so forget the haters haha
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all
Re: D17a2 Dyno results

good numbers. hope you don't blow anything
Old 03-16-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Good numbers

And yes the D17 can make power but be careful, its very picky
Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

Ya i have a vid but it wont let me load it on here..
My A/F is perfect for what im running right now so im hopin that i wont blow anything up if it stays where its at
Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

That seems really high I don't think djmota hit that high and he was running stage 2 cam pnp'ed head really nice header k-pro and spraying a 75 shot. stock these cars don't get over 105hp on the dyno they usualy dyno around 90-95 sometimes 100. show us a graph

Also switching to a different head gasket won't change anything.

Not hating but it just doesn't sound quite right to me
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Neither does that fact that you haven't put high compression pistons in your motor yet. When are you going to put some in. I've been itching to see what kind of numbers you get with them.
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

02civicg5 will become famous soon enough

sounds about right.. i mean stock with just I/H/E our motors hit 107whp on the dyno.. now with a 75 shot... the numbers add up IMO.. djmota hit higher i believe... 107+75=182
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Neither does that fact that you haven't put high compression pistons in your motor yet. When are you going to put some in. I've been itching to see what kind of numbers you get with them.
later i have bigger projects to worry about
http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10229

besides the stage 2 has to go back in first so I can get a new base line.

but a 75 shot does not equal 75 hp on these motors do to the way the breathe
djmota hit 188.87 whp 187.99 tq 75 shot n20 that was with the stage 2 cam and k-pro he was already pushing 147.5 hhp 130.5 htq with out nitrous. thats why I am curious he was also running on church's dynapacks which are know for running a lot higher then everybody else.

Sorry for the thread jack
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

later i have bigger projects to worry about
http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10229
Damn it man. I don't want to go to that site.
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

Damn it man. I don't want to go to that site.
I didn't want to either but it has gotten better and lets face it there is no one on this site anymore. with the dbl post all the time and the skins ****ing up and servers crashing I don't even know if there is an admin for this site anymore it has fallen apart it's been down hill ever since the days of 7thgencivic were over. now it's all people that want to know how much to pay for a timing belt install or how to rig up there stereo or whats wrong with there cars wiring. No one really brings anything good to this site anymore cept edwin (skipbarber) sometimes I hear about all of his stuff before it gets posted most of the time through him or justin (boilermaker) the whole dc 7thgen group gets together through e-mail not the site anymore it's lame

anyways just check it out man here is a hint though RHD! Biotch!
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

I didn't want to either but it has gotten better and lets face it there is no one on this site anymore. with the dbl post all the time and the skins ****ing up and servers crashing I don't even know if there is an admin for this site anymore it has fallen apart it's been down hill ever since the days of 7thgencivic were over. now it's all people that want to know how much to pay for a timing belt install or how to rig up there stereo or whats wrong with there cars wiring. No one really brings anything good to this site anymore cept edwin (skipbarber) sometimes I hear about all of his stuff before it gets posted most of the time through him or justin (boilermaker) the whole dc 7thgen group gets together through e-mail not the site anymore it's lame

anyways just check it out man here is a hint though RHD! Biotch!
Its funny because you have a couple of double posts in your thread. To be honest... Reading your thread has been the first time in months since I've been on 7GH. I had an account then had it closed.
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

Its funny because you have a couple of double posts in your thread. To be honest... Reading your thread has been the first time in months since I've been on 7GH. I had an account then had it closed.
most of the dbl post in there are my bad because my internet sucks at my house in richmond and I couldn't see if it went through. it has gotten a lot better recently cept when the server crashed 3 days ago thats the first I have ever had to deal with it on that site. I hope you enjoyed it I might use some of my tax return to get those pistons.
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

I guess I'll be a lurkin' in your 7GH thread. You'll see me in the shadows. I've always thought what you were doing was awesome. 7GH thread bookmarked!
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

I guess I'll be a lurkin' in your 7GH thread. You'll see me in the shadows. I've always thought what you were doing was awesome. 7GH thread bookmarked!
sweet!
Old 03-18-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

You know you want to come over to the dark side....
Old 03-18-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
You know you want to come over to the dark side....
I've already been to the dark side.
Old 03-19-2009
Registered!!

streetthrowback should not be trusted

all that, i say just do a k-swap its well worth it
Old 04-01-2009
Registered!!

lightningslp77 is an unknown quantity at this point

That seems really high I don't think djmota hit that high and he was running stage 2 cam pnp'ed head really nice header k-pro and spraying a 75 shot. stock these cars don't get over 105hp on the dyno they usualy dyno around 90-95 sometimes 100. show us a graph

Also switching to a different head gasket won't change anything.

...Bomerman the results he came out with were used with a different dyno.

Everyone knows that unless you have an EX that our bi-horsepower is 115....but our WHEEL horsepower is a measly 85-90. probably why he stated it came out with 113 stock.

Therefore when he says he pulled out 180+ hp you can go ahead and do that math and he might have come out with 160+ to the wheels...which in theory is less than djmota like you said since his results were to the wheels.
Old 04-01-2009
Registered!!

First off Djmota got his done on church's dynapacks. everyone knows that dynapacks read higher then your typical roller dyno, they also tend to be more accurate also they were church's. church's is known in the industry for being hondata's dyno that's were ben creator founder of hondata does all of his tuning and testing. they are also know for reading higher then any other dynapack. usually at least 5 to 10 hp higher then everyone else running dynapacks if not more.

Next dyno's don't calculate the hp and tq at the engine. you can not accurately figure the drivetrain loss cause every clutch and transmissions and all the bearings in between are all different. one trans will load up differently then the next even if there for the same model. the only way you can accurately dyno an engine exactly is by pulling it out and sticking it in an engine dyno. so if came up with 113 the way you said he did then it would be bs cause it wouldn't be an actual #.

besides he hasn't come back and posted a video or graph or anything.
I'm all for great numbers but only if some one can back them up there is a reason I won't post up that I hit 144 officially cause I have no actual proof thanks tempest
it's kinda like that guy that was claiming 200 hp N/A and 2 clutches
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lightningslp77
...Bomerman the results he came out with were used with a different dyno.

Everyone knows that unless you have an EX that our bi-horsepower is 115....but our WHEEL horsepower is a measly 85-90. probably why he stated it came out with 113 stock.

Therefore when he says he pulled out 180+ hp you can go ahead and do that math and he might have come out with 160+ to the wheels...which in theory is less than djmota like you said since his results were to the wheels.
the run was done on a dynojet.. those numbers were to the crank.. i had like 160 hp and 165 trq to the ground.. ima get the readout for yall.. why yall ****in hatin so much anyways??
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

160 is pretty good i think stock is around 100whp.
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

thats what im sayin.. bomberman is just mad cause he spent 1800(kpro 1200/ stage 3 cam & springs, retainers 600) and he barely broke 125 and that was to the flywheel on his 7thgen thread.. i paid like 400 and got 160 to the ground
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjIN9J8-V-I[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm88Vt0D958[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

i'm not mad I just wanted to see some proof and I paid 900 for k-pro and 300 for everything else, and I never stated to the flywheel hp on my car it was 120hp and 118tq to the hubs. and you weren't claiming 160 you were claiming 187hp and 197tq you start running into a whole different world of fluid dynamics and engine breathing when you get above 170. You can't get specific numbers at the crank with out pulling the motor and sticking it on an engine dyno. and you put up pretty specific looking numbers. If you had said in the beginning that you hit 160 to the wheels on nitrous I would have totally believed you. But saying you put out almost 200 tq and almost 190 hp to the wheels on a 75 shot of nitrous now thats just bullshit.

Anyways as far as I am concerned any #'s for a 7thgen are good #'s I'm just try to keep the bullshit and miss information out of the threads cause there is already so much bad information out there. I really don't care about my numbers I have already done a lot more for the 7thgen community then a majority of the people on hear and i will continue to work to help improve the 7 civic even more and push the bounds further.

As long as my car is good to my standards I'm happy. besides my car has power all the time and is awesome
Old 04-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01_CiViC_CoUpE
thats what im sayin.. bomberman is just mad cause he spent 1800(kpro 1200/ stage 3 cam & springs, retainers 600) and he barely broke 125 and that was to the flywheel on his 7thgen thread.. i paid like 400 and got 160 to the ground
Bomer's engine doesn't stop putting out higher than stock numbers when the bottle empties though.
Old 04-03-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats why you keep extra bottles under the front seat like toretto
Old 04-04-2009
Registered!!

02civicg5 will become famous soon enough

i agree with boomerman, no matter how u did it or what u did it with hp gains if any on a 7thgen is pretty impressive...
Old 04-04-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
thats why you keep extra bottles under the front seat like toretto
u kno it
Old 04-04-2009
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know why you guys are so stuck on dyno numbers, a dyno is merely a tool to properly tune a car and to see what gains are achieved from one mod to the next.

the real question question is what was his baseline numbers...which he stated was 113. After his mods on the same dyno he had 187hp.

the number is not important since there are too many factors that come into play in a dyno, so what's important is his gains...

bomerman, did you ever get that stage 2 cam back in? I'm just still surprised you still say your car has power and etc, b/c like i said before 125 to the hub is pretty sad. that's actually very very very low numbers especially for what you have done to it.

Quick Reply: D17a2 Dyno results