Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

The results from our turbo kits (quantified)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pizza Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The results from our turbo kits (quantified)

Originally Posted by dezod
Good luck with the set-up. You may not know, but that SAFC will struggle to control those injectors due to their size, and the injectors you have you will need to run a resistor box.

We have TONS of turbos that we put together for your kit.
i am running the resistors inline , no need for resistor box...and yes it does struggle, it's set @ -30 in the 800-1800rpm range, but i figured since the safc worked so well to tune my srt-4's and there affordable so why not, but i will upgrade in the future to a stand alone...

Originally Posted by WilmncChris
Why in the world would you use the sfac on our cars. Being a tuner I see alot of them and they are fine for NA cars, but for aftermarket turbo setups they are about as good as a 2 penny hoe
first read my answer to dezod above yoursand factor in there was a budget, second i stick to 5 dollar hoes so i have no idea what shape a 2 penny hoe would come in.....
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pizza Boy
i am running the resistors inline , no need for resistor box...and yes it does struggle, it's set @ -30 in the 800-1800rpm range, but i figured since the safc worked so well to tune my srt-4's and there affordable so why not, but i will upgrade in the future to a stand alone...

Why spend the $$ twice? Just do it once and have it your way. I never did understand that approach. You may still run into fitment issues with those injectors. The D17 is not like the D15-6 or the B series or K. It is a true black sheep with not many shared parts.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

Why spend the $$ twice? Just do it once and have it your way. I never did understand that approach. You may still run into fitment issues with those injectors. The D17 is not like the D15-6 or the B series or K. It is a true black sheep with not many shared parts.
because i bought the safc used in like new condition for $100 which i can resale for at least $120 so i lose no money, and the safc made the difference in running stock injectors @4psi or putting in the turbo dsm injectors and tuning to 8-15psi...i choose the latter, besides what do you advise to replace my safc that will give me better tuning in somewhat the same price range? ...it's a serious question
Old 12-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

the 7thgen civic ECU will tune around almost any piggyback. There is nothing cheap that will effectivley run the car well.
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dopes6070
the 7thgen civic ECU will tune around almost any piggyback. There is nothing cheap that will effectivley run the car well.
This is a pretty close to true statement. Sad as it may seem, but I would recommend the AEM FIC, which is only $400 or so. It comes with a MAP sensor, all the wiring, software etc.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

i lalalalooove dezod .. im proud to say im the only one with this kit in canada .. i think
Old 12-13-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the only people who talk bad about this kit that its to expensive don't own it. As far as I know there has never been an unhappy dezod kit buyer. Thats a much better reccord then both the SF and TSI kits have. I can say that because I had a TSI kit. Its crap compared to Dezod. At least the dezod one fits... LOL
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

these numbers and info are great. i look forward to hopefully buying a kit in the future. just need to start the long process of saving the funds.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Yeah I feel that. I go to dezod.com every day and salivate at that setup. I'm driving an auto and just need a bit more kick. Once I pay my stuff down, this **** is going on my AMEX lol.
Old 12-13-2007
Premium Member

FYI my setup is for sale haha. Sorry for the thread jack Dezod.
Old 12-14-2007
7thgen Power Maker

FYI my setup is for sale haha. Sorry for the thread jack Dezod.
Thread jacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

It seems the only people who talk bad about this kit that its to expensive don't own it. As far as I know there has never been an unhappy dezod kit buyer. Thats a much better reccord then both the SF and TSI kits have. I can say that because I had a TSI kit. Its crap compared to Dezod. At least the dezod one fits... LOL
i hope i didnt inspire this comment, i did not say anything bad i only asked for more info to rationalize the cost...sorry if i came off that way...
Old 12-14-2007
Premium Member

There have been many that have complained about the price. I was just speaking generally. Not about you in particular.
Old 12-14-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Pizza Boy
i hope i didnt inspire this comment, i did not say anything bad i only asked for more info to rationalize the cost...sorry if i came off that way...
Full stainless TIG welded manifold
T3/T4 turbo
TiAL 38mm WG
TiAL 50mm WG
Bar & Plate vertical flow intercooler
Polished Stainless Steel downpipe
Polished Stainless Steel intercooler pipes
Stainless Braided Oil Lines
Iridium SPark Plugs
Silicone clamps and couplers

Best part: Produces approx 180-200whp regardless of transmission on 5 PSI, which is a 80-100whp gain!
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

Full stainless TIG welded manifold
T3/T4 turbo
TiAL 38mm WG
TiAL 50mm WG
Bar & Plate vertical flow intercooler
Polished Stainless Steel downpipe
Polished Stainless Steel intercooler pipes
Stainless Braided Oil Lines
Iridium SPark Plugs
Silicone clamps and couplers

Best part: Produces approx 180-200whp regardless of transmission on 5 PSI, which is a 80-100whp gain!
can't argue with that...100hp@5psi is very impressive, what trim turbo are these numbers from? also nice to see a bar and plate style intercooler and is the returnline braided as well?
Old 12-14-2007
Premium Member

Yup both are braided.
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

nice....
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Just remember the cooling side also plays a role in whp numbers. I rune a oil cooler and trans cooler on my car.
Old 12-14-2007
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

Me like. Me want.
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

Spikez1222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice numbers... I've seen this kit set-up for EM2's at Hot Import Nights... very nice... I drive an auto, but with those gains, I'll shut some people up when they laugh at Civics... time to save up!
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

do you make your own manifolds inshop dezod?
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

u are so correct .. b/c everyone thinks boost is boost, why not save over a g and buy the TSI kit .. i had the biggest debate, i made threads asking which one to buy .. everyone just said quality quality .. and u can't cheap out on turbo .. not that TSI is cheap .. its still very expensive compared to custom setups out there .. but u go cheap, u fu** **** up so there is NO doubt dezod for the win, cuz u want something reliable u've heard it day after day, and thats the only reason i went thru so much headache which paul can confirm to get that kit to canada ! lol
Old 12-26-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
do you make your own manifolds inshop dezod?
Yes except for the AA manifolds.
Old 12-26-2007
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

AA manifold?? man i can't wait to get this kit!!!!!
Old 12-29-2007
Registered!!

js0n1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is high boosting still possible with the non-vtec(LX) because of how some of the engine rebuild parts on dezod can only be applied to the EX
Old 12-29-2007
Premium Member

see my sig My setup = non vtec
Old 01-02-2008
7thgen Power Maker

Crower never test fitted the internals on the non-VTEC stuff, and they did not take the initiative to verify that the stock rods regardless of VTEC or not, are the same.....SO IN A NUT SHELL, you can use them on DX,LX,EX & HX
Old 01-02-2008
Registered!!

ahad_civic is an unknown quantity at this point

@dezod, plz add me n gianelle_1@hotmail.com ASAP! need to talk to u bout my d17