Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

The results from our turbo kits (quantified)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
The results from our turbo kits (quantified)

Here is a quantified list of results and some interesting data. Some might remember the thread I wrote about asking users for some of this data...here it is! Kinda puts an interesting perspective on things.

Boost Level Break Down:
Approx 50% of the users run 5-6 PSI, while the other 50% run 9-17 PSI. That is quite a gap and not one person who participated ran 7-8 PSI on our kit.

Motor Status:
Approx 20% of the users have had a built motors, while the other 80% are stock.

Engine Management
Approx 30% of the users use a GReddy E-Manage
Approx 20% use Hondata K-Pro
Approx 30% use PCS XFC
Approx 20% use the AEM FIC

Transmission:
90% 5 Speed, 10% Auto

Of all of the 5 PSI people on our kit, which includes 1 auto have averaged power from 180-204whp. This 204whp figure is with our PnP Head on the auto.

People with 5 PSI that used the PCS XFC yielded more power than those with the E-manage and AEM FIC. None of the low boosting people with our kit used a standalone, so this is only comparing piggybacks. In order from highest power shown to lowest is as follows: PCS XFC, AEM FIC, GReddy E-manage. This could be like this due to the fact of the XFC using the stock ignition timing, and the FIC having capability to retard timing.

To compare our Race Manifold at 5 PSI, which is meant for high boost, versus our log manifold: Both cars using the same dyno, both manual, both dynojets. The log manifold car made 186whp & 171wtq while the Race Manifold equipped car made 180whp & 167wtq. I would be interested to see these results on the same 2 cars running 10 PSI or more.

Onto the higher boosters!!!!

The power ranged from 230whp to 273whp and boost ranges from 12-17 PSI. A few of the people where on the E-manage, while the remainder where on K-PRO. None of the cars here where auto, used our PnP head or Race Manifold.

The two closest people where 12 PSI and 13 PSI, while the power results where close 235whp @ 12 PSI on an E-manage versus 240whp @ 13 PSI on K-PRO. The results where pretty spot on for what was to be expected, and the 1 PSI difference could be due to dyno difference, altitude, conservative tuning etc...

The most impressive results from the survey came from the same gentleman who dyno'd the 13 PSI mentioned above. He redyno'd at a higher boost of 17 PSI, which yielded 273whp and 265wtq to match.

That is all for now.

Side note:
The power levels achieved per PSI of boost on low boost (5 PSI) is approx 18whp/PSI of boost.

The power levels achieved per PSI of boost on higher boost (12 PSI) is approx 12whp/PSI of boost.

The power levels achieved per PSI of boost on 17 PSI (based off of one customers account) is approx 10whp/PSI of boost.

Why the fall off? I feel this is restricted merely to exhaust restriction in the catback and/or the turbine A/R along with manifold design for higher boosting.

Last edited by dezod; 12-12-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The results from our turbo kits (quantified)

Woah... this is pretty cool. Its nice to see quantified information on turbo kits with regards to psi, management, ect.
Old 12-12-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Yes it is. NO ONE ELSE has ever done this, so I figured why not!??!
Old 12-12-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

giggity!!!
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

I run 7 psi on the street my butt dyno says 170ish to the wheels....I believe I can still pull a 200whp on the emanage @ 9 psi. If I can get my exhaust done 2.5 back & tune my ignition on emanage........so even though emanage sucks it works darn good for what it costs, especially if ya buy it used

- I'd really like some comparison between the AEM standalone & Hondata...........I know the hondata is of course a more suitable option for a honda. Ya know, being it is derived from honda software....I really like the function of keeping all stock honda features. Even though diagnosising is fun, having no check engine light to direct ya really sucks!

Last edited by FoSho; 12-12-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

awesome from dezod......once again!
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

This is very good information.

With regards to the auto, how long do you expect the trany to last?
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough

PCS XFC made more power than AEM FI/C?

The way you worded it makes it sound like a typo^
Old 12-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn it. I guess I'm going to have to get my car dyno'd at some point at 8 psi just so I can fill the "not one person who participated ran 7-8 PSI on our kit" niche. Good data compilation Paul.
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

overrev_it is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah good data indeed, although i have a few notes

first i'm wondering how does the E-manage pulled up so good against the famous K-Pro, not starting a debate as i have red threads covering the EMS vs K-Pro disscusion, but i mean... E-Manage??? damn...

perhaps the K-Pro aren't so benifitial for our cars because we don't actually use alot of function it controls like VTC and I-VTEC... and perhaps a EMS is more suitable for our application, let's not please start a debate but i would like to hear from Dezod...

what turbo you said was in this kit again??? i mean, 300 whp with 20 PSI is something awsome from an off-shelf kit, and that's without porting heads, fitting cams, or equal length manifolds...

great job
Old 12-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Another reason why Dezod is on top of the turbo game for our cars.

Just for a little extra info, the 273whp by Bob (dopese6070) actually peaked at 280.1whp, and maxed out the factory fuel pump. It was then detuned a little bit for safety purposes. With a larger volume fuel pump, it would have yielded higher numbers.
Old 12-12-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Im just curious about something. If the kit talked about is the t3/t4, I have a question.

Why did you choose to go for such a large turbo. Sure, it makes a few more ponies, but isnt the turbo a bit on the big side. I think that with a T3, you guys could have had 170-180 whp on 6-7psi, and it would have been more fun to drive possibly. This is just based on what Ive heard, but if you can clarify this for me, it would be greatly apretiated. Thanks in advance
Old 12-12-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

The latest technology of the t3/t4 spool just as quick and flow more exhaust out which won't be as restrictive as the older t3's such as the t3 super 60 for example.
Old 12-12-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
The latest technology of the t3/t4 spool just as quick and flow more exhaust out which won't be as restrictive as the older t3's such as the t3 super 60 for example.
Well if you are comparing the newest t3/t4 to the older t3 im sure it will be different...what if you compare the new t3/t4 to the new t3...I dont realy keep up with turbo technology much so this is all just kinda me contemplating in my head
Old 12-12-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

some great info on the best kits... so the auto is a no go
Old 12-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

When I drove Bobs...there was very little turbo lag. And trust me, once the turbo spools, there is no way you arent going to have fun driving it.
Old 12-13-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

haha woot for me!

^ Hey man remember when you where driving my car getting on the freeway and im uuh dude ur going 120, may want to relax haha.

There was a lot of turbo lag before I went with my 3" exhaust. With the setup now it hits a full 17psi by 4000 rpms so it does have some lag but man once it hits full boost it's absolutly insane. If I held WOT in 2nd it would just roast my 225/50/15 tires once it got past 4000 rpms.

Last edited by dopes6070; 12-13-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by dopes6070
haha woot for me!

^ Hey man remember when you where driving my car getting on the freeway and im uuh dude ur going 120, may want to relax haha.

There was a lot of turbo lag before I went with my 3" exhaust. With the setup now it hits a full 17psi by 4000 rpms so it does have some lag but man once it hits full boost it's absolutly insane. If I held WOT in 2nd it would just roast my 225/50/15 tires once it got past 4000 rpms.
The 2 largest restrictions you will hit is the stock exhaust, then the turbine A/R and manifold design.

Originally Posted by burke420
some great info on the best kits... so the auto is a no go
Not true. Chris is an auto with our PnP head and is holding ~205whp on 5 PSI

Originally Posted by overrev_it
yeah good data indeed, although i have a few notes

first i'm wondering how does the E-manage pulled up so good against the famous K-Pro, not starting a debate as i have red threads covering the EMS vs K-Pro disscusion, but i mean... E-Manage??? damn...

perhaps the K-Pro aren't so benifitial for our cars because we don't actually use alot of function it controls like VTC and I-VTEC... and perhaps a EMS is more suitable for our application, let's not please start a debate but i would like to hear from Dezod...

what turbo you said was in this kit again??? i mean, 300 whp with 20 PSI is something awsome from an off-shelf kit, and that's without porting heads, fitting cams, or equal length manifolds...

great job
A standalone with proper tuning will yeild better results, more consistancy, drive like a stock turbo car and allow for more control, which is essential when you start pushing 250+whp. Don't forget Dopes was detuned for safety.

Originally Posted by thefivespeeder
PCS XFC made more power than AEM FI/C?

The way you worded it makes it sound like a typo^
No the results I posted are correct. (based upon the data I received). I also explained for the possible variance.
Old 12-13-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

And I was also maxing out the stock fuel pump. Shawn (my tuner) actually told me with 1 or 2 PSI higher and a new fuel pump I would definatly hit 300whp. I was getting nervous about the stock intake mani tho lol.
Old 12-13-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

i remember a guy on here hit nos and blew up his stock intake mani
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

Pizza Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

what size turbo is this information purtaining to? im running a .58 trim and would like to see how far off this info may purtain to my setup as a guesstimate of hp/ft.lbs.....
Old 12-13-2007

Dezod.com^
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
doesn't answer very much except, the turbo is a t3/t4 and the kit cost a fortune...other then that the only turbo info i could find is for a GT3076r and a couple pics of a generic t3/t4 turbo...
Old 12-13-2007
Premium Member

The kit costs $$ because a LOT of R&D went into it. I was glad to pay for it because everything is high quality, stainless charge piping, downpipe, tial w/g and bov. This kit is that expensive because everything is good. They diddn't sacrifice quality anywhere. I believe its a Precision Turbo. Not sure on the trim tho.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

The kit costs $$ because a LOT of R&D went into it. I was glad to pay for it because everything is high quality, stainless charge piping, downpipe, tial w/g and bov. This kit is that expensive because everything is good. They didn't sacrifice quality anywhere. I believe its a Precision Turbo. Not sure on the trim tho.
still don't know the trim and inlet and outlet a/r's, what size wheel, is it DBB?...and as far as quality i pieced together my kit for less then $750, and it includes a garret .58trim,38mm tial wg,hks ssq bov and new tube manifold and still had enough chedda to pickup a used apex safc II, turbo dsm injectors but had to borrow my aem uego wideband from my srt-4 to dial it all in and get the tune perfected......not bashing but i want to see more info since im about to turbo a hatch within the next few months and would like to explore all options...
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Bring them here at BnT if you are close and we can make some power.
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

The kit costs $$ because a LOT of R&D went into it. I was glad to pay for it because everything is high quality, stainless charge piping, downpipe, tial w/g and bov. This kit is that expensive because everything is good. They diddn't sacrifice quality anywhere. I believe its a Precision Turbo. Not sure on the trim tho.
Yours was a 50 Trim with a Stage 3 .48 A/R turbine
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Pizza Boy
still don't know the trim and inlet and outlet a/r's, what size wheel, is it DBB?...and as far as quality i pieced together my kit for less then $750, and it includes a garret .58trim,38mm tial wg,hks ssq bov and new tube manifold and still had enough chedda to pickup a used apex safc II, turbo dsm injectors but had to borrow my aem uego wideband from my srt-4 to dial it all in and get the tune perfected......not bashing but i want to see more info since im about to turbo a hatch within the next few months and would like to explore all options...
Good luck with the set-up. You may not know, but that SAFC will struggle to control those injectors due to their size, and the injectors you have you will need to run a resistor box.

We have TONS of turbos that we put together for your kit.
Old 12-13-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Why in the world would you use the sfac on our cars. Being a tuner I see alot of them and they are fine for NA cars, but for aftermarket turbo setups they are about as good as a 2 penny hoe
Old 12-13-2007
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by WilmncChris
Why in the world would you use the sfac on our cars. Being a tuner I see alot of them and they are fine for NA cars, but for aftermarket turbo setups they are about as good as a 2 penny hoe
I know. Zero control over ignition and poor fuel control. Not a fan at all.

Quick Reply: The results from our turbo kits (quantified)