Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Crower cams no longer available.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Crower cams no longer available.

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I think the proper quote is "it's only cheating if you get caught" lol
Tomato Tamoto....My way helps with the conscience while working within the "gray" areas...lol
Old 11-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glamabilly is an unknown quantity at this point

The regrind Cam came back. I'm just finishing up a work trip, I've been away for a few months. I'll post what Crower can get out of an OEM cam later on this evening or on Saturday. I can tell you the cost for the regrind was $180.00 cheaper than a stage one cam from Crower, and it's not far off the stage one numbers. It may be a few weeks before I put it in, when I do I'll give a report on my driving impressions.
Old 11-30-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thanks!
Old 05-28-2020
Jn 4:24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dcypl4Gzus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glamabilly
The regrind Cam came back. I'm just finishing up a work trip, I've been away for a few months. I'll post what Crower can get out of an OEM cam later on this evening or on Saturday. I can tell you the cost for the regrind was $180.00 cheaper than a stage one cam from Crower, and it's not far off the stage one numbers. It may be a few weeks before I put it in, when I do I'll give a report on my driving impressions.
What are your thoughts about the regrind? How has the build held up with the test of time?

I started this rebuild before doing the research that everything is still available to create a close to stock dependable DD with some pep. Therefore, contemplating my next moves if going that far on the regrind isn't worth it or how to achieve desired results.

Does anyone know if a D16Y8 stock camshaft ground down would work since it has more meat to play with?

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
For you crazy cats that wanna get custom grinds done, here's the specs for crower's D17A2 cams (had to google fu the crap out of this)

All else fails, you can order a custom ground cam to the stage 3 specs from crower. lol
Old 05-28-2020
Click Here

Received 1,153 Likes on 900 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dcypl4Gzus
What are your thoughts about the regrind? How has the build held up with the test of time?

I started this rebuild before doing the research that everything is still available to create a close to stock dependable DD with some pep. Therefore, contemplating my next moves if going that far on the regrind isn't worth it or how to achieve desired results.

Does anyone know if a D16Y8 stock camshaft ground down would work since it has more meat to play with?

I know it’s been done; I’m not super familiar with the process but there’s a channel on YT that did it but it did require a few modifications. That was with a stock Y8 cam, but I can’t imagine it’d be any different. It also gives you the 3-lobe VTEC, which probably is why it’s more popular.