Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

What are some good turbo kits available?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03_EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
What are some good turbo kits available?

I've read through every thread I could find and still don’t have a up-to-date definite answer for my question. I’m interested in turboing my D17 and would like to know some of the full kit options that are out there, all I wanna do is make it a daily driveable low boost build. I’ve seen the threads of past and have considered the options but I’m looking for some up-to-date options. I’m not looking to piece together the full kit, I want a full complete kit with most everything I will need. Will be using Crower Stage 2 cam, Crower springs and retainers. Car already has a unknown brand CAI and exhaust is coming in the next few weeks. It will also be tuned using Kpro. If there are any other thing you may feel I’m missing or forgetting to think about please feel free to chime in. Thanks all!
Old 03-02-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are some good turbo kits available?

I'm not sure what kits are out there these days for the d17, but 10-12 years ago, tsi and turbonetics were the big name kits out there. Honestly, best way to go would be to piece it together yourself. Yes, I'm aware you stated you don't wish to do so, however, the d17 aftermarket.. Market.. Has slowed down quite considerably since 2006
Old 03-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

Here is your best bet...yes, it's ebay but like riceboy said, not too many options available unless you piece it together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REV9-TURBO-...YAAOSw~RNZpu~g
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by piano55man
Here is your best bet...yes, it's ebay but like riceboy said, not too many options available unless you piece it together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REV9-TURBO-...YAAOSw~RNZpu~g
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'm not sure what kits are out there these days for the d17, but 10-12 years ago, tsi and turbonetics were the big name kits out there. Honestly, best way to go would be to piece it together yourself. Yes, I'm aware you stated you don't wish to do so, however, the d17 aftermarket.. Market.. Has slowed down quite considerably since 2006
Thanks guys! After looking at the eBay kit and others all over the internet I’ll just piece one together despite my stubbornness. Really appreciate the feedback! Now just to solve my P1259 code
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

piano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of lightpiano55man is a glorious beacon of light

FYI from my experience, get the inter cooler that has the inlet and outlet on the same side if you plan on keeping the AC.
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

When boosting the D17 my research has found the following...
Originally Posted by bomerman19
here let me fill some wholes.

1. the stock mani being plastic does not effect anything you can run it all day long at 25psi and not have any problems

2. go k-pro or go home with a broken car

3. 6+ psi needs ARP head studs 10+ psi needs a map sensor 12+ psi needs ARP rod bolts and anything higher than 14-15 psi go fully built bottom end

4. walboro is not needed till around 275-287 hp at the wheels

5. return setup is helpful for big boost but as long as you have big enough injectors you really don't need to worry I'm running 750cc with NO return setup and my injector duty at 17.5 psi is about 32
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by piano55man
When boosting the D17 my research has found the following...
Thanks for the extra tid-bit of info! Definitely gonna keep those things in mind when purchasing parts. My goal is to push 6 psi to start and see where I wanna go from there. I know everyone says once you get that taste of a lil boost you’ll want more and more but I wanna keep this car a daily so drivablitlty is my main concern for the build. Since a local performance shop will be doing this work (I don’t trust myself to do it) could I give them a run down of my goals and focuses and let them piece together what they would recommend? Could have just asked the shop but I’d rather hear from the from the fellow civic owners a lot there with experience on this.
Old 03-06-2018
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

4psi made my map sensor go crazy
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

I had issues at 10psi...i'm sure others had issues at every number in between as well!
Old 03-06-2018
Registered!!

I would install the head studs no matter what...just in case you get a freak boost spike.
Old 03-06-2018
Administrator
Administrator

Anything above a vacuum, CEL would illuminate with a P0108 code.
Old 03-07-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Anything above a vacuum, CEL would illuminate with a P0108 code.
You are correct...On a stock ECU.
Running a K-tuner or a Hondata ECU will bypass this issues...which i know i'm preaching to the choir.
Old 03-07-2018
Registered!!

Off topic...

Riceboy...the cam is finally getting a chance to go in the engine next week!!!
Old 03-07-2018
Administrator
Administrator

About damn time