Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Best Engine Swap for 2002 Civic Ex?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AboutTreeFiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Engine Swap for 2002 Civic Ex?

Hello civic community! I was wondering if any of you could tell me the best, and easiest engine swap to put in a 2002 Civic Ex. I currently have a beater Honda civic that I got from an auction several years ago and have been using it as a daily driver. It's pretty rough around the edges. However, that's exactly why I want to swap something into it. I'm about to start a job hauling frac sand in the oil patch. So i'll have a substantial amount of extra income and I plan on upgrading to a nice truck. I do, however, want to turn this car into a sleeper and humiliate some V8's as well.

Any information to guide me in this endeavor is greatly appreciated as I know little to nothing about cars. Just for reference, I won't be swapping the engine myself. I wish I had the time, and the knowledgeable friends do it it, but I have neither. So I want something that will be easy to install, and has a lot of power capabilities (as I plan on really going for the gold as far as performance). Any thoughts? Also, the civic is an automatic. Once the car is gutted, and the engine stripped, it shouldn't be that difficult to make the change to a manual transmission, right?

Thanks for the help yall, and keep pullin on those V8's!
Old 01-24-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Best Engine Swap for 2002 Civic Ex?

A k swap is will be your best bet as far as potential power output (think turbo for max) and parts availability. Tons of info out there read this as a start

https://honda-tech.com/forums/attach...roductionz.pdf

Also you can convert it to a manual but it’s just going to cost you more money in the end might be best to just find a manual car and go from there.
Old 01-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bettabruce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AboutTreeFiddy
Hello civic community! I was wondering if any of you could tell me the best, and easiest engine swap to put in a 2002 Civic Ex. I currently have a beater Honda civic that I got from an auction several years ago and have been using it as a daily driver. It's pretty rough around the edges. However, that's exactly why I want to swap something into it. I'm about to start a job hauling frac sand in the oil patch. So i'll have a substantial amount of extra income and I plan on upgrading to a nice truck. I do, however, want to turn this car into a sleeper and humiliate some V8's as well.

Any information to guide me in this endeavor is greatly appreciated as I know little to nothing about cars. Just for reference, I won't be swapping the engine myself. I wish I had the time, and the knowledgeable friends do it it, but I have neither. So I want something that will be easy to install, and has a lot of power capabilities (as I plan on really going for the gold as far as performance). Any thoughts? Also, the civic is an automatic. Once the car is gutted, and the engine stripped, it shouldn't be that difficult to make the change to a manual transmission, right?

Thanks for the help yall, and keep pullin on those V8's!
As the owner of a manual 2002 Honda Civic ex,
I am very interested in this thread. I may have to ask for myself anyway, but I wanted to read more
Old 01-24-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

define best.

High rev screamer with no torque under?

Torque in lower RPM? (the screamer will not put any V8 to shame)

Ah, FWD is a poor choice to fight V8s...
Old 01-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
FWD is a poor choice to fight V8s...
Try to get that V8 to race you in reverse...
Old 01-24-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Try to get that V8 to race you in reverse...
Bwaaaahahahaha!