Engine building Post information/questions about Engine Building here!

Max HP on d17a1

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CinnamonSpanklz is an unknown quantity at this point
Max HP on d17a1

I plan to reinforce new sleeves that will be put into the block, and put beefy crank, rods, and pistons. For the head ill do a stage 3 cam, valves, and springs. I would like to put down 700hp, not sure even with the mods i will do, if the block can take that kind of power. I've seen stock blocks take 800 with internals and head work done but i dont want to risk blowing my motor and throw all this money down the drain.
Old 03-09-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: Max HP on d17a1

Why not swap to an engine that is better supported for high HP numbers? K engines? B-series engines? Even a J swap would have some good potential. Is there some reason you want to stick with the D17?

700 HP out of 104 cubic inches, regardless of your starting point it will NOT be cheap....or reliable
Old 03-09-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Max HP on d17a1

I know a guy who drag raced a 93 with a full turbo prep B18C1, making 640 HP at 24 PSI boost.
Transmissions only lasted about 2 passes.
He was asking $30k for the whole car in 2004.