Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

Finally Installed Kpro and AEM Camgear

Old 01-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markwnjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally Installed Kpro and AEM Camgear

Hey all,

I just installed kpro and the AEM camgear and had a few questions/ comments regarding my experience.

First off, everything went well. I put the gear on, plugged the ECU in and she was perfect. However for some reason the battery light stays on. I have looked at every fuse and relay, twice. All the grounds, wires/ cables to battery and alternator are tight and plugged in (and new). Battery starting charging system is fine according to our shop reader.... Anyone got anything?

Interesting: Before I put the gear on, I plugged the Hondata ECU in with the basemap and the car ran fine. They swear kpro won't work without the gear but it ripped lol They also said something about rewiring for rear o2 operation? I still haven't done that either and the car runs fine.... am I missing the point?

Second, she doesn't start below freezing weather one thing I haven't seen about this, and something that is worth sharing; I pull the ECT sensor off every morning when I have to leave. 17mm bolt, heat that bitch up in my hands for a minute, screw it in, plug it in and she fires right up. I'm sure ya'll did that anyway but I haven't seen it anywhere including the entire thread on this site dedicated to that issue.

Third: I've messed around with the vtec and launch control and all that but I need to adjust A/F and still haven't found a reliable source that shows how to do that. I datalogged several 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, examined them and i'm running SUPER lean. Could this have anything to do with that o2? I figure with just the basic I/h/e and kpro, if I can adjust fuel then I can squeeze at least a little more tourqe out. I just don't understand how to compensate. I can't see which cam angle it is.

Thanks for anything everyone.
Old 02-14-2016
Super Noob

blessed987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Finally Installed Kpro and AEM Camgear

Did you get the battery light off? I just got Kpro and gear and have the same issue. Charging though 14 volts. How's your car running?
Old 04-03-2017
Loz
Registered!!

Loz is an unknown quantity at this point

The ECT would let ur car start, but would hesitate almost like it's misfiring for a while til it warms up
Old 05-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Markwnjr
Hey all,

I just installed kpro and the AEM camgear and had a few questions/ comments regarding my experience.

First off, everything went well. I put the gear on, plugged the ECU in and she was perfect. However for some reason the battery light stays on. I have looked at every fuse and relay, twice. All the grounds, wires/ cables to battery and alternator are tight and plugged in (and new). Battery starting charging system is fine according to our shop reader.... Anyone got anything?

Interesting: Before I put the gear on, I plugged the Hondata ECU in with the basemap and the car ran fine. They swear kpro won't work without the gear but it ripped lol They also said something about rewiring for rear o2 operation? I still haven't done that either and the car runs fine.... am I missing the point?

Second, she doesn't start below freezing weather one thing I haven't seen about this, and something that is worth sharing; I pull the ECT sensor off every morning when I have to leave. 17mm bolt, heat that bitch up in my hands for a minute, screw it in, plug it in and she fires right up. I'm sure ya'll did that anyway but I haven't seen it anywhere including the entire thread on this site dedicated to that issue.

Third: I've messed around with the vtec and launch control and all that but I need to adjust A/F and still haven't found a reliable source that shows how to do that. I datalogged several 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, examined them and i'm running SUPER lean. Could this have anything to do with that o2? I figure with just the basic I/h/e and kpro, if I can adjust fuel then I can squeeze at least a little more tourqe out. I just don't understand how to compensate. I can't see which cam angle it is.

Thanks for anything everyone.
welcome to the Kpro club brother.
I had the same issue with the ECT sensor and winter time.
Solution: Just get a cheap spare ECT sensor from rockauto, put a 17mm box wrench in your side door compartment, keep the spare ECT sensor in your pocket or figure a way to add it to your keychain, and in winter time, pop the hood, swap out sensors, tighten, and you're good to go. It has not been found out why the car wont start with the sensor below freezing.