Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

Advice for Forced Induction

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markwnjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice for Forced Induction

Long story short, I have an 04 civic at my disposal and half a turbo kit that will fit and I want to experiment. I've been just an OEM parts changer mechanic for about 10 years now, so installing a turbo and fabricating any necessary parts is totally covered but I know I'm not going to be able to just put this thing in and start it up.

I read about Piggyback Ecu's and Standalone Ecu's and I decided that since I would like to pass emissions, I would like to go with a piggyback system. Any idea which one I need?

All in all I suppose my real question would be what exactly to do once I've installed all my parts? Including wiring and ecu? Tow it to the shop that's going to tune it and tell them what I have done and how much boost i want? I don't understand how all that works.
Old 06-25-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Advice for Forced Induction

Piggyback systems can be good but they are not the best. What you need is K Pro from Hondata. A complete OEM ECU with software added for tuning. They give you instructions on what needs to be done for the wiring. You then go to a tuner (preferably one that has done or does Honda's and Hondata) and have them tune it using the K Pro.