Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Saab Turbo In A Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Question Saab Turbo In A Civic?

Would a T25 turbo from a Saab work on a 2001 Honda Civic? Info on the turbo here:

http://forum.ecuproject.com/showthre...ications/page6

I would be putting out 10 lbs of boost (1.68 pressure ratio), and full boost at 10.19 lbs of air/min @ 4,000 rpm through 17.2 lbs of air/min @ 6,750 rpm (redline).

Has anyone tried this before?
Old 05-31-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Saab Turbo In A Civic?

to answer the question, yes you can put a t25 in there. heck you can put any turbo in there with the correct manifold

and if you dont plan on having an internal build and a strong intake manifold, ur going to blow ur engine real quick.
Old 05-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The stock intake manifold is just fine, it flows poorly, but it won't blow up.

With the correct turbo manifold any turbo will work fine, your concern needs to be on getting k-pro and having your engine built to accept the amount of boost you plan on running.
Old 05-31-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

due to the way our intake mani is designed, the plastic part that acts like a cup is the first thing that goes bad. ive seem at least a few members who have been boosted complain about that.

if you are serious about pushing that much air, id suggest you take a look into the D16y8 conversion.
Old 05-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I see so much conflicting information on our stock im with a turbo..

I know it flows very poorly due to the way it makes the air curve, but many people also say it can't handle boost and will crack since it's plastic, but Paul said it will handle 25psi all day..
Old 05-31-2011

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I see so much conflicting information on our stock im with a turbo..

I know it flows very poorly due to the way it makes the air curve, but many people also say it can't handle boost and will crack since it's plastic, but Paul said it will handle 25psi all day..
i guess it depends on external factors like the weather, temp, if there are small cracks, or even a build up of water in what seems like a bowl....etc
Old 05-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Hmmm... I can see external factors being a factor, but not enough to actually cause cracks.
Old 02-14-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

this is the closest thread i could find and i didn't want to start another turbo thread, lol. so here goes.

i might want to buy stock parts from used cars and wanted to know some good cars to look for or are there any?

i'm guessing since the D is a 1.7 i should look for cars with engines from 1.6-2.0l that are boosted stock?

such as a gti

i'd be looking for

-the charger
-waste gate
-Bov
-intercooler
-maybe injectors
-maybe oil return lines

then buy new engine managment, piping, the exhaust manifold and get it tuned.
Old 02-14-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

That's what I was gonna do for my turbo build. Check saabs, dodge neons, volkswagens and audis. Saabs turboed a lot of their cars, I see turbos on them all the time at the junk yard (some came with front mount longitudinal intercoolers too), one edition of the dodge neon, the srt4, came turboed. And then Volkswagen and Audi, since they're owned by the same company, turboed a lot of their cars. The only downside is factory turbo cars sometimes cools the turbo with coolant to help the turbo live longer. Idk how to set that up. Check chozobody he's got a factory turbo, down pipe, and then the right exhaust manifold for out cars
Old 02-14-2012

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the list man! keep em comint so i can research the factory numbers =D
Old 02-14-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mac25
i'm guessing since the D is a 1.7 i should look for cars with engines from 1.6-2.0l that are boosted stock?
This. I'd want something from nearly the same size engine, or maybe slightly smaller to reduce lag time. Like a turbo from a 1.6.
Also consider the RPM redline of each engine and figure that into your volume calculations before selecting one. (A 1.6 that can turn 7000 vs. a 1.7 that can only turn 6500, etc.)

You wouldn't want to pick a turbo that is too big, like from a Cummins Diesel. You just don't have enough displacement to make that work.

I have a turbo that came from a 12A Rotor Motor that would turn 9000rpm@14psi, and I wouldn't even think of putting it on anything smaller than a 210cid engine. It would easily feed a 5.0 that has a 6000 redline.
Old 02-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miscreant13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow... all this trubo talk kinda makes me miss my srt4... and definitely makes me miss my Saab!
Old 02-14-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Hey guys, I already covered turbo mathematics in a thread of mine
Old 02-15-2012

can you find the link for me Slim? thx, even if not =D
Old 02-15-2012
Busy Speeding!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...lations-d.html