Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Aem f/ic

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosted01civic will become famous soon enough
Aem f/ic

Anybody on here running the AEM F/IC? I installed mine and installed new injectors (525cc) and now my car won't start at all. It will crank just won't start. I have listened to the injectors pulsating with a stethoscope but have not pulled them to make sure they are actually spraying. Anybody got a copy of some of their maps?
Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

civicbyrc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Aem f/ic

Check for spark if your injectors are clicking. And make sure everything is pluged in. If your plugs are wet and you have a good spark than your to rich and you just washed the cyl. down. check your dutie cycle for your fuel at Idle also, sens you went with a larger inj. your going to need to adjust that for non boost.
Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

the software adjust the flow rates once you put in the values for your old and new injectors. I will pull all plugs out tonight and see if they are wet. I will be verifying spark at that time as well.
Old 01-27-2011
Registered!!

pb_boosted_es2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boosted01civic
Anybody on here running the AEM F/IC? I installed mine and installed new injectors (525cc) and now my car won't start at all. It will crank just won't start. I have listened to the injectors pulsating with a stethoscope but have not pulled them to make sure they are actually spraying. Anybody got a copy of some of their maps?
I am. A copy of my map I don't have, but I do believe you have to punch in some base settings because there's no pre programs.
I know my tuner usually scan the system and punch some stuff in based on the set up I'm running and adjust, start it up, see how it idles, adjust. couple short revs and adjust before the actual in debt tunning starts.
Old 01-28-2011
Registered!!

yeah thats the problem. it won't start with the unit installed. I took the unit out and just plugged ECU in and it started. I will be towing it to the tuners today and just let them handle it. The only reason that I needed it to start is because the tuner wanted it running with the unit in there to save some tuning time. Thanks for your help though. Will update once the tuner has done his thing tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2011
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Did you scale the map properly? Check the cranking pulse width? Did you try changing any of that stuff richer or leaner to see what it did? If you are anywhere near Knoxville (assuming you are actually somewhere in TN), shoot me a PM and I'll help you out. Yours wouldn't be the first F/iC D17 I've tuned.
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

I took it to track masters in huntsville. I live about 60 miles from there. We got it to start but now I need a fuel line and he is going to go through the whole set-up and get it together for me. Found out another problem is my wastegate is closed off from dumping. It has started but is running very rough right now. But Art has it and should get it going this week.
Old 01-29-2011
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck, I hope he knows how the F/iC works. In my experience, most tuners don't and you end up with a crappy map that runs, but not like it should.
Old 02-16-2011
Registered!!

Well it was a nogo at the tuners. I had to replace the upstream o2 sensor. The car was going into limp mode. I have since changed it and am going to try to get this thing done this week.
Old 02-16-2011
Registered!!

Lol.. yeah that limp mode thing... upstream o2 won't cause that. I would bet just about anything that your tuner screwed something up. There is something else wrong if it's in limp.
Old 02-17-2011
Registered!!

I took car and had the car scanned and the only code that was showing was the upstream. I also cleaned the idle air valve. I will run the car this weekend and see if it is still doing it. Baron you said you live in knoxville? How much to tune this thing if i bring it up there? I am about 4 hours away but might be worth drive.
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

Just traded the Civic for a GSR.